How to Delete Your LastPass Account

mood

How to Delete Your LastPass Account

lastpass-app-running-on-a-smartphone.jpg

Maor_Winetrob/Shutterstock

Decided to move away from LastPass? It’s time to say your final goodbyes by deleting your account. This makes sure that none of your passwords will be stored on LastPass’ servers. Here’s how to delete your LastPass account.

You can delete your LastPass account even if you have lost access to your master password (as long as you have access to the email address you used to sign up with LastPass). In this guide, we will focus on how to delete your LastPass account if you know the master password.

It just takes a couple of clicks to complete this process. Once the LastPass account is deleted, you will lose access to all the information stored in your account. All your usernames, passwords, autocomplete data, and personal identifiers will be deleted permanently.

Before you begin, make sure you export your LastPass data (you can then import it into other services like Bitwarden).

When you’re ready to delete your account, first, log in to your LastPass account, and then open LastPass’s Delete Your Account page.

Then, from the “Delete Your Account” section, click the “Delete” button.

Click-Delete-From-LastPass-Delete-Your-A

LastPass will ask you if you remember your master password. Click the “Yes” button.

Click-Yes-From-Remember-Master-Password-

At this point, LastPass will load a large pop-up message. If you haven’t already, you can click the “Export Your Data Now” button to start LastPass data export in a new tab.

Next, enter your LastPass master password and your email address. Select a reason for deleting your account and then click the “Delete” button.

Enter-Master-Password-and-Click-Delete.p

LastPass will ask you if you’re sure you want to delete your account. Here, click the “Yes” button.

LastPass-Delete-Popup-1.png

After this, LastPass will ask you for a confirmation one last time if you’re really sure you want to delete your account. Click the “Yes” button.

LastPass-Delete-Popup-2.png

And finally, you’ll be logged out of LastPass, and the website will tell you that your account has been deleted permanently. Once this is done, there is no way to get your passwords back. Click the “OK” button to go back to the LastPass home page.

LastPass-Account-Deleted.png

Wondering where you should go from here? Here’s how other popular password managers like 1Password, Dashlane, and KeePass compare to LastPass.

Source: How to Delete Your LastPass Account

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheEmpathicEar

Thx for the tutorial. Are you recommending Bitwarden? I ask because Lastpass "Free" seems to be limited to one device as of March 16? Did I get that right?

EDIT: I did not see your suggestions/replacements at the end of your post. Are you recommending one of them vs BitWarden?

m also moving to bitwarden ... helpful article.

👍

8 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

Thx for the tutorial. Are you recommending Bitwarden? I ask because Lastpass "Free" seems to be limited to one device as of March 16? Did I get that right?

1) Yes you're right ! Following a mail from LastPass received few minutes ago, I can confirm that you can us one account on only ONE device (computer, laptop, mobile, tablet, ...) for free. If you want to to use it, after 16th of March, on several devices ... please insert coins, monthly.

2) I am testing Bitwarden since 1 week without no trouble yet. I could import all my ID and password from LastPass so it took me only 10 minutes for import and basic settings.

The only thing (but no time to search by now) is that there no automatic insertion on the web page (tick is on on settings).

TheEmpathicEar
On 3/2/2021 at 9:28 AM, Juhi said:

m also moving to bitwarden ... helpful article.

👍

Are you a Lastpass "Free" user? And, if so, are you changing because of the changes after/on March 16?

EDIT: *** Bitwarden "Free" *** only allows for 1 device??

• 2 weeks later...
TheEmpathicEar

Well, it's the 16th. How are folks here that use Bitwarden liking it? Is there a Chrome plug-in for it like LastPass?

Does anybody know what Bitwarden offers more than Lastpass, please ?

I'm tempted to move to bitwarden but at the moment, I see both solutions as similar...

More? In the sense that you can use it on more than one classification of device (desktop, mobile), I would say yes in consideration of that primary category. Otherwise, very very similar, but certainly some differences (e.g. sharing).

If you don't care about mobile (or are on mobile and don't care about desktop), then there's really no reason to switch aside from a dislike/distrust of whichever company owns LogMeIn now.

Archived