Firefox auto updates

Jobik

Hello to all

First, I apologize not to be in the right place. I have some difficulties to navigate in this new presentation. I didn't find where open my topic... Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tired of looking for solutions that don't work, let me explain a proglem I have with Firefox.
While I understand that automatic updates allow for patches and improvements, I would like to stay in control of these updates.
The first thing i did, of course, is to check the "check for updates, but leave you decide..." in the options.
But - i don't know why - Firefox changes the setting by itself and I end up with automatic updates.
Then, I applied other methods (modification of ini files...) but nothing works.

I would like this parameter to remain as I want it.

If someone had a solution...
Thank you in advance

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Jobik said:

Hello to all

First, I apologize not to be in the right place. I have some difficulties to navigate in this new presentation. I didn't find where open my topic... Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tired of looking for solutions that don't work, let me explain a proglem I have with Firefox.
While I understand that automatic updates allow for patches and improvements, I would like to stay in control of these updates.
The first thing i did, of course, is to check the "check for updates, but leave you decide..." in the options.
But - i don't know why - Firefox changes the setting by itself and I end up with automatic updates.
Then, I applied other methods (modification of ini files...) but nothing works.

I would like this parameter to remain as I want it.

If someone had a solution...
Thank you in advance

Jobik:

Go to the following web page:  https://www.webnots.com/how-to-disable-automatic-update-in-firefox/

Look t option 2. Firefox Enterprise Policies Option.

That has worked for me in the past.  But, I am no longer using it.

@gandalf44 thank you for your answer. I'm going to try ;)

Edit : i created a  'distribution' folder, and a 'policies.json' file in it. Now in firefox options page i read that updates are disabled by my system admin.

So it seems to work.

Thanks again for this simple but effective solution.

Archived