Nsane site upgrade (1st Oct 2020)

funkyy

On 10/3/2020 at 11:23 AM, Matt said:

Yes. It is possible to do that. 

How? The black theme is causing terrible banding. I would also love to remove that background image.

• Replies 92
  • Views 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
20 hours ago, d5aqoep said:

How? The black theme is causing terrible banding. I would also love to remove that background image.

I will add the solution for this soon. 

JeepWillys58

Dear @Matt

Sorry to ask, but something was changed or updated right now? Because if not, I would like to repport a problem that occurred right now...

The NSANE Style (Default) back to white...

NSANEWhite.thumb.JPG.4e51223c411492e286823156db717d66.JPG

Regards,

@JeepWillys58

5 hours ago, JeepWillys58 said:

The NSANE Style (Default) back to white..

To get a Dark look back with that theme, you can select one of the two Dark styles with the thingy (what is it called?) Colorizer in the bottom left corner. Full instructions here.

JeepWillys58
1 hour ago, Matt said:

@JeepWillys58 Whenever you see there are some changes it means I am around doing some work.

I know that you are doing a hard work to make all well done. 

Thanks for the reply. 

Regards 

1 hour ago, Karlston said:

To get a Dark look back with that theme, you can select one of the two Dark styles with the thingy (what is it called?) in the bottom left corner. Instructions here.

I believe that thingy is called a Colorizer , I thinks.  ( ouch enough of that )

1 hour ago, flash13 said:

I believe that thingy is called a Colorizer , I thinks.  ( ouch enough of that )

The dark theme had been working perfectly for me but for some reason, this evening it reverted back to the white theme.

I can use the "Colorizer" and change it back to dark but as soon as I click anywhere on the forum window, it reverts back to the white theme every time.

I assume this is happening because Matt is still working with the forum software.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, zinoswink said:

The dark theme had been working perfectly for me but for some reason, this evening it reverted back to the white theme.

I can use the "Colorizer" and change it back to dark but as soon as I click anywhere on the forum window, it reverts back to the white theme every time.

I assume this is happening because Matt is still working with the forum software.

Nope, you will have to press on .in order to save the theme color you like.

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

Your words are hardly visible when I use the dark theme in the right side preference on the theme color selection button.

Spoiler

ycc771.png

When I use the dark theme in the left side preference on the theme color selection button, your words are not clearly visible.

Spoiler

MvdAo6.png

Regards.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, yaschir said:

Your words are hardly visible when I use the dark theme in the right side preference on the theme color selection button.

Reveal hidden contents

When I use the dark theme in the left side preference on the theme color selection button, your words are not clearly visible.

Reveal hidden contents

Regards.

I'm aware of that, and I am also working on theme to make it suitable for everyone and everywhere.

3 hours ago, flash13 said:

Ahh... of course... its HTML element class...  it's "ta_colorizer"

Thanks muchly, not knowing's been driving me crazy. ( Even if it's missing a 'u' and has a 'z' instead of an 's'. :P )

You're more than a flash, you're a star. :)

I like the fresh look. Good job @Matt👍

Btw, email notification for private messages isn't available anymore. Will it come back?

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Myna said:

I like the fresh look. Good job @Matt👍

Btw, email notification for private messages isn't available anymore. Will it come back?

It should be available now. 

12 hours ago, Matt said:

Ooops, that's embarassing!🤡

Thanks!

To all those interested, IPS 4.5 seems to have massively overhauled the state of their theming approach, placing most of the colours in easily accessible variables, making CSS theming a much more pleasant task. Those that still have issues with the new dark mode can easily select the default theme and create their own version through CSS – you only have to decide on a good colour combo. I've attached an example below.

Spoiler

377497567_Screenshot_2020-10-07Nsane.thumb.png.ca04f773a37ca966b253881c441f60a2.png

2 hours ago, Alanon said:

To all those interested, IPS 4.5 seems to have massively overhauled the state of their theming approach, placing most of the colours in easily accessible variables, making CSS theming a much more pleasant task. Those that still have issues with the new dark mode can easily select the default theme and create their own version through CSS – you only have to decide on a good colour combo. I've attached an example below.

That's great information, thanks. I've been tweaking a few individual elements/classes, mostly with success but some are stubborn and don't want to change :)

That small size image is fuzzy, not possible to see any detail when zooming in. Perhaps posting larger size separate images of a topic or two and other areas of the site individually on say Imgur would be better. I and I'm sure others too, would like to see your efforts.

21 minutes ago, Karlston said:

That's great information, thanks. I've been tweaking a few individual elements/classes, mostly with success but some are stubborn and don't want to change :)

That small size image is fuzzy, not possible to see any detail when zooming in. Perhaps posting larger size separate images of a topic or two and other areas of the site individually on say Imgur would be better. I and I'm sure others too, would like to see your efforts.

Actually, the colour scheme originated from an Nsane user who posted his WIP here several years back, I just stuck with it, slowly upgrading it, and now I'm overhauling it to match the new theming convention.

The screenshot itself is full-width, you probably opened the thumbnail version, for some reason right-click -> view image opens the thumb. Left-click the image under the spoiler to expand the attachment to a pop-up full-screen. Left-click on that image again and that should open the full size image file in a new tab, and you should be able to zoom in and see it just as if you were scrolling a full page on the website itself.

I thought that was the nicest way to capture the full effect of the theme, but the image is much too tall, so I wasn't sure what imgur would do if I embedded it in a post. Your point is well taken, however, I should probably add some more pages in the mix. Perhaps I should just put that as a separate imgur album link and not embed it at all?

30 minutes ago, Alanon said:

The screenshot itself is full-width, you probably opened the thumbnail version, for some reason right-click -> view image opens the thumb. Left-click the image under the spoiler to expand the attachment to a pop-up full-screen. Left-click on that image again and that should open the full size image file in a new tab, and you should be able to zoom in and see it just as if you were scrolling a full page on the website itself.

Thanks, that helps. I had left-clicked on it twice, it needed a third to zoom in.

32 minutes ago, Alanon said:

Actually, the colour scheme originated from an Nsane user who posted his WIP here several years back, I just stuck with it, slowly upgrading it, and now I'm overhauling it to match the new theming convention.

Nice work! Perhaps you'd consider posting the CSS tweaks somewhere, perhaps in Guides & Tutorials as a How To?

I'm curious how you implement your CSS tweaks. Stylus browser addon? userchrome.css?

37 minutes ago, Karlston said:

Nice work! Perhaps you'd consider posting the CSS tweaks somewhere, perhaps in Guides & Tutorials as a How To?

I'm curious how you implement your CSS tweaks. Stylus browser addon? userchrome.css?

Thanks! Sure, I can cobble something up and post it, I hadn't thought there would be interest though, particularly since Matt's been developing a more modern style of dark themes.

As for the technical details, I've used both Stylus and userchrome in the past, but then AdGuard added support for CSS scripts. I made the switch and haven't regretted it since. The code requires a bit of adaptation, but it always works across all my browsers, which is a bonus.

@Matt, thanks for the hard work being done. Much appreciated.

Just one question: Is it only me or does the forum not work with tapatalk anymore? I can't seem to log in using tapatalk.

• Administrator
On 10/13/2020 at 12:53 PM, Davoodoo said:

@Matt, thanks for the hard work being done. Much appreciated.

Just one question: Is it only me or does the forum not work with tapatalk anymore? I can't seem to log in using tapatalk.

I disabled it because I am working on something and forgot to enable it back, so it should be working fine now. 

I disabled it because I am working on something and forgot to enable it back, so it should be working fine now. 
Thanks, much appreciated.

Archived