New Windows 10 Search Console experience now rolling out

Karlston

Microsoft is currently rolling out a new Search Console experience to Windows 10 users on version 1809 and above.

The new experience offers a new two-column layout which Microsoft says offers easy readability, as well as fast access to Quick Searches, where you can see local weather, top news, and more helpful info. To find other web results or navigate directly to a website, users can still type in the search bar like normal.

new-search.jpg

To see the new console click on the Search icon in the Taskbar or press Windows key + S.

The new layout is available in markets that enable Quick Searches, including the United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Mexico, Spain, and the UK.

In addition, the Windows search bar now supports web search for Dutch-speaking customers in the Netherlands. Users with their Windows region set to Netherlands and their language set to Dutch can now search the web from their search bar without using a browser. Previously the feature was limited to English-speaking users in the region.

The update is server-side and no action is needed on your PC.

via OnMSFT

ThanksForReading200x49.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Views 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard pass on that fuglyness. This is how a Win10 taskbar should look, imo. Quick launch with view desktop icon, no grouping of windows, no search, no Cortana, etc, etc. - Zero 3rd party tools used.

Clipboard01.jpg

When are the idiots gonna allow to disable Top Apps? Isn't that a privacy nightmare to let everyone know my top used apps? My PC is not my mobile. Everyone uses it and everyone gets a quick history of my activities if they click on that stupid search button.

Archived