StartIsBack++ 2.9.1

Karamjit

alf9872000

@yaschir

I use your fix (msimg32.dll) and today, there is a problem; you have a solution?

image.png.73997306ab2c9a32a4f01b2a8b434062.png

• Replies 39
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, alf9872000 said:

@yaschir

I use your fix (msimg32.dll) and today, there is a problem; you have a solution?

image.png.73997306ab2c9a32a4f01b2a8b434062.png

Lol :D
Hello !
This is due to the very distant date change in the date of your system or by deleting CLSID entries associated with this SIB++ app from the system registry. Open StartIsBack++'s settings interface and exit by pressing the "OK" button without the need for any changes, these sad faces will disappear. Enjoy ! ;)

Regards.

I have recently faced a problem when Windows 10 2004 Update removed many items from the Startmenu. Even, after trying various tricks the lost icons did not return to the start menu. Now, I am thinking to replace default Windows 10 start menu with a third-party application. Can anyone please advise, which is the Best among StartIsBack++, Stardock Start10 and Iobit Start Menu?

10 hours ago, Rok said:

I have recently faced a problem when Windows 10 2004 Update removed many items from the Startmenu. Even, after trying various tricks the lost icons did not return to the start menu. Now, I am thinking to replace default Windows 10 start menu with a third-party application. Can anyone please advise, which is the Best among StartIsBack++, Stardock Start10 and Iobit Start Menu?

I would recommend that you fix your Windows, because Windows 19041.246 (2004) has absolutely no problems with the start menu and you can put any icons in it.

5 minutes ago, Kalju said:

I would recommend that you fix your Windows, because Windows 19041.246 (2004) has absolutely no problems with the start menu and you can put any icons in it.

I did that, but nothing could bring the lost icons back to the default Start menu back. So, I rebuild it and though to try out some third-party start menu customization tools.  That's why, I have asked here for the suggestions to try these apps.

10 hours ago, Rok said:

I did that, but nothing could bring the lost icons back to the default Start menu back. So, I rebuild it and though to try out some third-party start menu customization tools.  That's why, I have asked here for the suggestions to try these apps.

Sorry, what did You rebuild? There is no need for rebuild nothing.

And what does "Didn't come back" mean?

What didn't come back?

Put a screenshot with an explanation.

16 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Sorry, what did You rebuild? There is no need for rebuild nothing.

I tried to rebuild the iconcache.db file.

And what does "Didn't come back" mean?

What didn't come back?

Put a screenshot with an explanation.

I meant that the lost icons on the start menu did not come back even after rebuilding iconcache.db. I had to manually add all the missing shortcuts back to the start menu.

10 hours ago, Rok said:

I tried to rebuild the iconcache.db file.

I meant that the lost icons on the start menu did not come back even after rebuilding iconcache.db.

That's what I asked, which icons didn't come back specifically, and you can't put them back there manually.
The file you are referring to (iconcache.db) is a cache file and it is a temporary file.

Of course, it was deleted and will be replaced as soon as you use or change somethingthing.

2 minutes ago, Kalju said:

That's what I asked, which icons didn't come back specifically, and you can't put them back there manually.
The file you are referring to (iconcache.db) is a cache file and it is a temporary file.

Of course, it was deleted and will be replaced as soon as you use or change somethingthing.

I have manually added all the missing shortcuts back to the start menu.

10 hours ago, Rok said:

I have manually added all the missing shortcuts back to the start menu.

Look, I don't understand anything you're talking about. Then everything is fine.

And besides, the cache file you mentioned earlier has nothing to do with the icons in the start menu, besides - this intermediate file is not required at all and is often deleted automatically. 
Do You at all have this file (iconcache.db), it is usually hidden file and not mandatory.

• 2 weeks later...

Upgraded to 2004 , with good working OpenShell , went fine .

Untill I discovered ( a few days later , coz not using MS-startmenu often !) could not use MS-startmenu anymore , when opening it , it suddenly went "poof" blue screen only !

ctr/alt/del and sign in again , brought me back in Windows . So , could only use the OpenShell-start-menu ..........

Tried to uninstall OpenShell , problem still present . Rolled back to 1909 , removed OpenShell ,upgraded again.

Tried to install OpenShell , got " the process failed , by other process " (??)

Now using StartIsBack , which works very good in 2004 !

These startmenus , MS startmenu also , are very complicated .......they change after every upgrade ...........:coolwink:

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 5:20 PM, alf9872000 said:

@John.Deivy

StartIsBackPlusPlus-[Windows 10] 2.9.1-Patched

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode: /files/11709219/sib291.7z.html

I am now getting this:

SIB.png

Two problems:

1. It shows v2.9, however I definitely installed from your version which says v2.9.1.
  2. The trial has expired on my installation using your version.

:(

18 hours ago, ajdibi said:

Two problems:

1. It shows v2.9, however I definitely installed from your version which says v2.9.1.
  2. The trial has expired on my installation using your version.

So, no option to have Startisback for win10 2004

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived