Windows Camera app gets updated with the new Fluent Design icon

Karlston

Windows Camera app gets updated with the new Fluent Design icon

Back in December, Microsoft announced new modern icons based on Fluent design for Windows 10 devices. The new icons included the ones for Mail and Calendar, Calculator, Photos and more. Last month, Microsoft rolled out the new icons to Windows Insiders followed by a gradual roll-out of the new icons for first-party Windows 10 apps.

Today, the company is rolling out a new update for the Windows Camera app which brings the new Fluent Design icon to the app. The new icons are based on Microsoft’s fluent design and were announced back in December of 2019. Microsoft recently rolled out the new icons for Mail and Calendar, Movies and TV, and Calculator app to all the Windows 10 users. The company followed it with new icons for Photos, Voice Recorder, Feedback Hub and Office.

Unfortunately, we only have machines running on Windows 10 v1909 and the latest Fast Ring Insider builds so we can’t confirm the Fluent Design icon rollout for Windows Camera app on other versions of Windows 10. That said, the updates are not tied to a certain version so everyone should be receiving the new icons today or in a couple of days. You can head to the Microsoft Store and manually download the new Windows Camera update.

Source: Windows Camera app gets updated with the new Fluent Design icon  (MSPoweruser)

• Replies 2
  • Views 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zanderthunder

Received the new update, but a check on it's system requirements on Microsoft Store app shows that the app only available for Windows 10 version 1803 and above. Older Windows 10 releases (2017-2015) won't get it.

2 hours ago, zanderthunder said:

Older Windows 10 releases (2017-2015) won't get it.

That's  because  there LTS  for Enterprise  most companies don't use Windows store they even shutting down Windows Store  for businesses  . UWP is pretty much dead  90 percent of software devs would  not  port apps from Win 32  to UWP  because  its not really universal  its not cross  platform . That the reason they made vulkan and proton so they could port windows games to Linux  with Wine  because games will be crippleware if made UWP . 

Only thing  that brake some Windows games on Linux is Anti cheat protection it think wine is a cheat . But  i have  crossover for Linux cracked It's a paid version of Wine and I can run system 32  programs  and games form Windows 98 to Windows 10 . I can even run  patch and cracks and crack software in Crossover. Old  Programs and games  for windows that  want run  in Windows 10   work fine for me on Linux in Crossover ..

See here even cracked RadioMaximus   new version even work in crossover

Ksnip Screenshot

UWP  is blah  because most software vendors want to be able  to easy port there apps to all platforms so mostly only  Microsoft apps   get updates tell they kill the app   . All they the time more 3rd party apps  that started out in Windows  8 store is going to the  graveyard  in Windows 10.  It never had the functionality  of Win 32  and what hurts windows is when thy kill webapps and  never port it back to Win32 . So your stuck in your browser to use there   service . On Linux for me this not a problem i  just just use ICE SSB and make my own webapps and the services  just think im using  a browser. In 2020  its not about  what OS you run its about making all stuff run in any OS.

Windows 10X  will have something like crossover built in to run Win32 programs  it want even be  native.  Windows 32  apps    will run  in containers , in crossover  there called bottles  say if i want to run something  only for Windows 10 i  use a Windows 10 bottle and if it a very old game that  came out for Windows 95 /98 i make a Windows 98 bottle . Most stuff work in a Windows 7 one . You just install  your apps in a  bottle its best  to make a new bottle each time so your apps  are isolated  away from  the other apps.  But you can install  many as you want in a bottle  you dont have to make a new one.

Archived