Laptop Problem

Sonar

Ok is the new user account you created an admin account as well? also, deleting this user account would mean deleting the profile as well (files and settings).

Ok you just answered my question. Yes you can delete the old one, but as I said the profile (files and setting) would also be deleted.

Yeah ive transferd everything from "my documents to the new account". wish me luck its going when i reboot. lol

• Replies 34
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah ive transferd everything from "my documents to the new account". wish me luck its going when i reboot. lol

Good luck, BTW do you have TrueTransparency running on your system?

ok i wasnt sure of how win 7 works either with user accounts.

everything seems to be working fine again.

the theme is the standed aero theme.

ok i wasnt sure of how win 7 works either with user accounts.

everything seems to be working fine again.

the theme is the standed aero theme.

I'm glad your back on track ... happy holidays! :xmas:

• Administrator

Good. :) . Make sure you know that copying everythin from documents and settings may cause the same problems again. So copy paste only important, personal files.

Good. :) . Make sure you know that copying everythin from documents and settings may cause the same problems again. So copy paste only important, personal files.

There was only photo's to copy over luckly enough. My dad installs/clicks that much crap!, ur guess is as good as mine to what caused the problem lol.

LUA are a good idea. what I have done with my parents computer.. I take care of the maintenance and they just use the thing.. They can't install anything or change any settings .. not even the protection..the firewall nothing.... I have used UAC with it as well.. works nicely.. They haven't been able to screw up anything yet.. But I have also configured the whole thing for them and how they use it. so everything is just as they would need it .. They don't change settings or alter anything.. ( Then might be where we get into some confusion ).. I also have them locked out from running various parts of the system, programs, and control panel applets.. Oh and no registry access..

Archived