Corrupt Registry

SacredCultivator

Boot-up has NOT changed after formatting... BUT I think I found the problem although haven't tested fully...

It seems to have to do with the ATI Drivers. As when I tried uninstalling it and doing TWO reboots, they were fast.

Then after I installed it back, there is a huge delay.

Did I not tell you? :rolleyes: :P

Well, not exactly, I told you to upgrade to the latest whilst uninstalling them would indeed be the proper way to go :) Glad you figured it out by yourself.

Another NEW problem that happens randomly... During boot up... my screen is 'BLANK" BUT you can see my.. well like 1/100th of my desktop flickering like crazy at the top of the screen, and only way to get it to 'normal' is putting my computer to sleep and then logging back on.

It's weird... But I think for now, I'll play it 'safe' and just not reboot =P

I'm guessing this problem has to do with the ATI drivers as well. Which drivers do you install, the drivers from the company that created the computer(like Dell, HP and stuff like that) or the drivers from the official ATI site? Try the other one and see if it makes any difference ;)

• Replies 27
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

I get them from the Officialy ATI website, as I find out about updates via here =). My PC is custom build, so not gonna help going to Dell/HP/etc.

Either case, I just hope that ATI comes out with new drivers soon haha, too lazy to uninstall and go to previous version at the moment.

• Administrator

You know most safest drivers to use, as per my experience, is the one that came bundled in a CD with ATI graphics card. ;)

Archived