Macrium Reflect 7.2.4797

T3rM1nat0Rr3

TheEmpathicEar
42 minutes ago, uffbros said:

@TheEmpathicEar...From what I have read that should have worked. What I have read is that if you use over a 32GB flash drive this will happen?

I used a 16GB USB 3.0 drive. There may be different settings in Rufus? F11 did not display the drive -- only partitions on the existing drives -- 2 SSDS -- a system [C:] drive and [D:] data drive. This is a new PC. And, this is the first time I have tried booting with an USB drive. Secure Boot is disabled. I thought this was the only thing preventing a boot from USB [or the drive being recognized as a boot drive] This is the motherboard. This is the PC.
EDIT: I don't have an internal optical drive. I have a Blu-Ray Writer in a SATA2USB external drive enclosure. I burned the ISO to a CD, placed it in the drive, and hit F11. It did not appear in the list.

• Replies 44
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Links posted by @paresh are working fast at this hour ! ( Much better by night )...

I reckon download speed is taking a hit due to COVID-19's self imposed isolation & the Internet being used excessively. 

3 hours ago, paresh said:

due COVID-19's self imposed isolation & the Internet being used excessively. 

I bet no study anticipated that 😃

BY THE WAY @paresh it would be better if you post also x32 version

3 hours ago, SiNAN said:

I bet no study anticipated that 😃

BY THE WAY @paresh it would be better if you post also x32 version

Sorry buddy, this app does not run a 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine & mine is 64 bit one.

TheEmpathicEar

Windows 10 USB Recovery Drive or Windows 10 Installation USB Drive. I created this using the directions that came with this new PC. My point is that this USB drive is visible and selectable during boot. It works.

Maybe someone could suggest whatever BIOS settings would allow the drive created as per my previous post to do the same? i.e. Be visible and selectable during boot? Or, are there other factors that I need to take into account to make a bootable USB drive?

*LINKS REMOVED*

Download with a good speed.

Server Plus Boot or Workstation Boot. ( Both WinPE )

8 hours ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

Windows 10 USB Recovery Drive or Windows 10 Installation USB Drive. I created this using the directions that came with this new PC. My point is that this USB drive is visible and selectable during boot. It works.

Maybe someone could suggest whatever BIOS settings would allow the drive created as per my previous post to do the same? i.e. Be visible and selectable during boot? Or, are there other factors that I need to take into account to make a bootable USB drive?

@TheEmpathicEar By default most of the Mother Boards' BIOS (Basic Input Output System) is set to MBR (Multi Boot Record) aka Legacy Boot but today's norm is UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) as UEFI boot is faster & securer than MBR. In such a case a CD or USB prepared in UEFI format will not be recognised automatically at the time of boot, for this you'll have to enter the boot menu at the time of boot by tapping continuously F12 or which ever key is assigned (Different  Mother Board brands may have different keys assigned) to perform this function, moreover after entering the Boot Menu you'll have to select the UEFI partition of CD or the USB and not the whole CD or USB to boot, where as a CD or USB with MBR boot is recognised automatically i.e. if your default boot is set to MBR/Legacy. You can change the default boot system in the BIOS from Legacy to UEFI or vice versa but preferably keep the BIOS's default boot at MBR or Legacy so that you have the advantage of using both the boot formats. Hope this explanation was of some help to you.

Dont know if this works because my PC is Windows x64 :-

Macrium Reflect Workstation 7.2.4797 (x86), with a Fix and a Cleaner, here:-

Site: https://www.mirrored.to
Sharecode: /files/14CCCE3F/Macrium_Reflect_7.2.4797_Workstation_(x86).rar_links

Note- Uninstall and clean previous version . Follow instructions.

Cheers !

TheEmpathicEar
On 3/23/2020 at 3:37 AM, paresh said:

@TheEmpathicEar By default most of the Mother Boards' BIOS (Basic Input Output System) is set to MBR (Multi Boot Record) aka Legacy Boot but today's norm is UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) as UEFI boot is faster & securer than MBR. In such a case a CD or USB prepared in UEFI format will not be recognised automatically at the time of boot, for this you'll have to enter the boot menu at the time of boot by tapping continuously F12 or which ever key is assigned (Different  Mother Board brands may have different keys assigned) to perform this function, moreover after entering the Boot Menu you'll have to select the UEFI partition of CD or the USB and not the whole CD or USB to boot, where as a CD or USB with MBR boot is recognised automatically i.e. if your default boot is set to MBR/Legacy. You can change the default boot system in the BIOS from Legacy to UEFI or vice versa but preferably keep the BIOS's default boot at MBR or Legacy so that you have the advantage of using both the boot formats. Hope this explanation was of some help to you.

[ A mind numbing 1 hour + wait with MicroCenter Tech Support. I gave up. I do have 90 days] Anyway...

I reread the above post. See my post above. F11 boot screen:

1. Using "Windows 10 Installation USB Drive" U see "UEFI: USB Disk 3.0 PMAP, Partition 1".

2. Using this boot drive: U see                                       "UEFI: PMAP, Partition 1" [also another entry for Partition 2]

#1 is much clearer a designation to me than #2. So, if MS Windows can make #1, there must be some way to make #2 more recognizable?? i.e. We should be able to make this somehow?

12 hours ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

[ A mind numbing 1 hour + wait with MicroCenter Tech Support. I gave up. I do have 90 days] Anyway...

I reread the above post. See my post above. F11 boot screen:

1. Using "Windows 10 Installation USB Drive" U see "UEFI: USB Disk 3.0 PMAP, Partition 1".

2. Using this boot drive: U see                                       "UEFI: PMAP, Partition 1" [also another entry for Partition 2]

#1 is much clearer a designation to me than #2. So, if MS Windows can make #1, there must be some way to make #2 more recognizable?? i.e. We should be able to make this somehow?

If you wish to boot from CD/USB drive prepared with UEFI boot without entering the boot menu then you must keep the boot preference to UEFI in bios and vice versa for MBR/Legacy boot system.

On 3/23/2020 at 11:33 PM, Abacaxi said:

Dont know if this works because my PC is Windows x64 :-

Macrium Reflect Workstation 7.2.4797 (x86), with a Fix and a Cleaner, here:-

MPT patch no longer work for x86, see log

[SEARCH & REPLACE PATCH]
Loading File:
C:\Program Files\Macrium\Reflect\ReflectUpdater.exe
Nothing patched!
ERROR

[SEARCH & REPLACE PATCH]
Loading File:
C:\Program Files\Macrium\Reflect\ReflectBin.exe
Can't find pattern! Trying next one...
File patched!
OK

[EXPORT FILE]
C:\Users\Levy\AppData\Local\Temp\mptstart.bat
setting file attributes
executing file
deleting file
File Export : OK
OK

---PATCHING DONE---

TheEmpathicEar
7 hours ago, paresh said:

If you wish to boot from CD/USB drive prepared with UEFI boot without entering the boot menu then you must keep the boot preference to UEFI in bios and vice versa for MBR/Legacy boot system.

I don't mind using F11 to see bootable drives I was asking if it was possible to create a USB drive that results in a designation like #1 in my above post vs. what I see in #2 in my above post. So, it's the creation of the USB drive that I am asking about.

TheEmpathicEar
5 minutes ago, paresh said:

@TheEmpathicEar What programme have you used to make the bootable USB Drive?

If you read back to my earlier posts, I stated that I used Rufus with all the defaults [except formatting NTFS]

Rufus.thumb.png.4391859368bcd015e7842793be907bd1.png

Ok, try using the settings as shown in the picture while preparing the bootable USB drive & see if it helps you?

TheEmpathicEar

@paresh Now, the boot menu displays, "UEFI: USB Disk 3.0 PMAP, Partition 1". Thx. In the above, "Image Option" == "Standard Windows Installation" does not appear when I use Rufus. Is this because of the ISO you selected?

@TheEmpathicEar In Rufus "Image Option" == "Standard Windows Installation" is a default feature when one wishes to install windows on to an USB Drive from an ISO file. Wonder, why you did not get to see this option? First, could you please post a picture of Rufus as to what options you were getting when you had made a bootable USB Drive with it earlier. Second, if you are skeptical about your ISO file, please try to download a fresh windows 10 pro with a windows download tool. Please also make sure the ISO file you download is not pre-activated or tweaked. I've never had any problem with Rufus in spite of using various Windows ISO files.

Archived