Macrium Reflect 7.2.4797

T3rM1nat0Rr3

T3rM1nat0Rr3

Macrium Reflect is an image based backup and disaster recovery solutions which have taken another big step forward in speed, simplicity and power, focusing on helping organisations protect business critical data and systems, without fuss and budget breaking costs. Macrium Reflect creates an accurate and reliable image of a hard disk or the partitions on the disk. In the event of a partial or complete system loss, you can use this image to restore the entire disk, one or more partitions, or even individual files and folders.

Thanks to Astron for the update.

Download

• Replies 44
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Macrium Reflect 7.2.4744 had "error 9" when restoring from an image, then it abandoned the quick restore and did a full restore, which took 67 min. However, it only took about 30 min to do the full imaging.

Hope this has been fixed in this version.

Changelog 7.2.4797

Spoiler

Bug fixes and Improvements v7.2.4797 - 19th March 2020

In response to potential file system corruption issues that could arise from applying some recent Windows Updates, we have reviewed our data integrity checks and implemented new features:
See 
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4535996/134c504e-bb55-4e3c-a5da-28794a4b6079

Note: The first Incremental after installing may take much longer than normal.

• Changed Block Tracker
    We've improved CBT to reset more robustly on System power failure, unexpected shutdown and unexpected device removal.
  • Repair option when verifying Image files
    We've added an 'Attempt repair' option when verifying image files. If block corruption is detected and the live file system contains the original data then the block is repaired by replacing with the original data. Block corruption is exceptionally rare but this additional feature is designed to further mitigate file system and storage problems. We've also added an additional command line switch to the standalone verification utility.

See https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW72/Verifying+image+and+backup+files
    and https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW72/Verifying+image+and+backup+files+from+the+command+line

Note: Repair isn't guaranteed and will only be attempted if the originating source volume exists on the system performing the verification.

• Consolidation
    We've also added verification and live repair attempt on verification failure for merged blocks during consolidation. If a data block fails verification when read for merging, the live file system is checked for the original block data.
  • Incremental Deltas
    It was possible for a damaged Incremental index to go undetected when constructing a full index chain. This was a rare occurrence, but it could propagate further into the backup set. We have enhanced our detection code to prevent this from occurring in future.
  • Clone and restore
    Display power saving settings are now honoured during Clone and Restore operations. Previously the display would remain on regardless of the Windows settings.
  • Exchange
    Exchange delta incs could fail to build if multiple volumes were present for Exchange DB and meta data/log files. This has been resolved.

Used 4744 several times , used it for restore also ..............did not encounter any problems , so far !  :coolwink:

4 minutes ago, Pete 12 said:

Used 4744 several times , used it for restore also ..............did not encounter any problems , so far !  :coolwink:

I did not, either, maybe it's a random issue...

Cheers

I've had it for the first time too. Macrium Reflect 7.2.4744's "error 9" appeared 3 times yesterday when restoring from an image; the first time occurred at 11%, then 9%, then 3%. The 4th time was successful, but it tool 67 min to do a full restore.

Note: from ssd to ssd. The size of the image is 83.8 GB (90,014,805,934 bytes).

Only using the "full backup/restore"option , never used the "incremental backup"..........did you encounter these problems with "full "- or "incremental"...............??

Also using the boot-CD only ..........the program is not even installed !

MRWS-PE-724797

MRWS-RE-724797

Redeploy Function working with both PE & RE ISOs. Also added editable reg file to register the app in desired name.

Download Links:

Macrium Reflect 7.2.4797 Workstation  Server  Server Plus (x64).rar | 314 MB

Site: https://megaupload.is
Sharecode: /l11b05i1oc

Macrium Reflect Workstation PE v7.2.4797 (x64).iso | 285 MB

Sharecode: /L76c0fi0oc

Macrium Reflect Workstation RE v7.2.4797 (x64).iso | 585 MB

Sharecode: /Jb2f05ico0

Yes , just made a severe test of this latest Macrium-version ( Server Plus Edition)

1. The workaround of Master Plexxor still rocks , so you can enable the ReDeploy-function again !

2. Boot-time of the resque-CD is about 2 minutes.

3. Made a complete backup of my OS in 4 minutes and 30 seconds , 15GB .( incl .verifying !)

4. This boot-CD is slightly bigger in bytes , though boots faster then previous version

Conclusion ; again a very usefull tool , with the next Win10-upgrade in sight.............:coolwink:

Macrium Reflect Server Plus & Workstation Edition (Portable) 7.2.4797 (x64 bit)

License code's and workarround/info are both in the 7-Zip archieve 

Site: https://www.mirrored.to
Sharecode: /files/OQYD1V0C/MRPBWSTN_SPNW.7z_links

Password:  To_the_dedicated_followers_of_Nsane Forums_friday- march-20-2020

8 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

Only using the "full backup/restore"option , never used the "incremental backup"..........did you encounter these problems with "full "- or "incremental"...............??

Also using the boot-CD only ..........the program is not even installed !

No. Never.

I am looking for the Cleaner fix that you do not have to remove the installed Macrium every time your 30 days are up and you want the latest update. I accidentally deleted it and can't find it on here. I know I got it here. The one by Hakw007 makes you uninstall the program first...one I'm saying about you didn't. Anyone have it?

***UPDATE***: I found a copy and it was by Hawk007 but the old version,which allows you just to remove the trial and not have to reinstall. Anyone that might want this let me know.

TheEmpathicEar

@paresh This is the option for a bootable disc or USB stick? [As compare with an installed or portable version?]

21 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

@paresh This is the option for a bootable disc or USB stick? [As compare with an installed or portable version?]

@TheEmpathicEarBoth the ISOs are bootable, the choice remains with the user whether he/she wants to burn it to a bootable disc or use apps like Rufus, MakeISO etc. to make a bootable USB drive. It's an open choice, take your pick.

TheEmpathicEar
8 minutes ago, paresh said:

@TheEmpathicEarBoth the ISOs are bootable, the choice remains with the user whether he/she wants to burn it to a bootable disc or use apps like Rufus, MakeISO etc. to make a bootable USB drive. It's an open choice, take your pick.

If it's a bootable ISO, all that is needed is to burn it to disc? If you want to create a bootable USB stick, you need to use an app?

8 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

If it's a bootable ISO, all that is needed is to burn it to disc? If you want to create a bootable USB stick, you need to use an app?

@TheEmpathicEarThat's what I said buddy.

TheEmpathicEar

@paresh Sorry, one more question. Download links 2 and 3 seem identical in the description, but with different sizes: 285 and 585?

EDIT: Ah, sorry again. I noticed that link 2 has "...PE..." and link 3 has "...RE...". Now I need to understand the difference between "PE" and "RE"? Or, "1709" vs "1903"?

7 hours ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

I need to understand the difference between "PE" and "RE"?

PE = Preinstallation Environment

Windows Preinstallation Environment is a lightweight version of Windows used for the deployment of PCs.

RE = Recovery Environment

Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) is a recovery environment that can repair common causes of unbootable operating systems. WinRE is based on Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE), and can be customized with additional drivers, languages, Windows PE Optional Components, and other troubleshooting and diagnostic tools. By default, WinRE is preloaded into the Windows 10 for desktop editions

in short RE is larger in size because it's PE with more files...

@TheEmpathicEar1709 is the latest version of Windows 10 PE that Reflect supports.  RE supports up to 1903.  Even though there are newer versions, PE is still on 1709 because, apparently, newer PE's, if available, don't add anything newly significant enough to warrant testing for inclusion in Reflect.  1909 is the latest Windows 10 release, but the latest RE is 1903 because 1909 is basically 1903 with just a few tweaks.  1909 is such a minor update that Microsoft's change log pages for 1903 and 1909 use the same page. Moreover, except for the size difference PE & RE are almost identical in nature & are equally efficient. Hope this & @SiNAN comments give you a clearer picture.

TheEmpathicEar

I am downloading the "RE". So far, the download speed [from MegaUpload] is very slow. i.e. A day, give or take. Does anyone have any faster mirrors? Or, maybe a torrent?

EDIT: Hmm, maybe it was a network issue on my end or somewhere in between. The download failed. I rebooted and restarted the download. The speed is now such that the download estimate is < 1 hour. Maybe I need to start using IDM?

46 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

is < 1 hour. Maybe I need to start using IDM?

Same here, that site is slow... try the PE version it's smaller

I confirm the download speed [from MegaUpload] was very slow. It failed a few times before it was successful. The best solutions are:

1) Download the installer and medicine from the front page, then make your own rescue media (which is recommended since it will have all the drivers for your own hardware):

Macrium Reflect 7.2.4797 MedZ posted by flash13

2) Alternatively, use Plexxor's portable (above a few posts), which has the medicine applied already.

Either way, you need to use Plexxor's Workaround to make the redeploy option available in the rescue media. However, which is not essential for most of the users.

3) Finally, you may want to wait for Abacaxi to make a repack, which is ready to use with the medicine and Plexxor's Workaround applied. Here is the last version repack:

TheEmpathicEar

I was considering Rufus. Does anyone have a guide to using this software for this purpose?

EDIT: I used the Rufus portable. Used NTFS formatting and went with defaults. F11 brings up the boot screen. But, I did not see my USB device? Secure Boot is disabled.

Archived