Jump to content

[Solved] Forum View


TheEmpathicEar
 Share

Recommended Posts

TheEmpathicEar

I am trying to get back to "content items, comments, and reviews" view? Right now "Show Me" is "content items" only and it stubbornly refuses to allow me to select the other choice?

EDIT: Also, at the top of my screen, I see something, Plus sign, search, and preferences bars? Usually, I see Notifications, PMs, etc.

Edited by TheEmpathicEar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheEmpathicEar
28 minutes ago, Matt said:

@TheEmpathicEar if you provide screenshots would be helpful to see what you are seeing.

I was searching around for the lastest Tag&Rename post. Somehow, I hit the "Zoom" button on Chrome completely unawares. This is what shifted everything around. Click on "Zoom" reset - 100% and everything is back to the way it always looks. Sorry 😀 I should probably learn how to use some screen capture software. Can you recommend a good freeware version?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Israeli_Eagle
3 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

I should probably learn how to use some screen capture software. Can you recommend a good freeware version?

 

Even IrfanView can do that perfectly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheEmpathicEar
3 minutes ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

 

Even IrfanView can do that perfectly.

I was browsing the home page and did not see anything about screen capture?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Israeli_Eagle
7 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

I was browsing the home page and did not see anything about screen capture?

 

Simply install it, open it and then press C.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

 Sorry 😀 I should probably learn how to use some screen capture software. Can you recommend a good freeware version?

It would be nice if you knew exactly what you want, because there have been quite a many of them here lately, both in the updates section and in the giveaways section.
You probably have around two or three (at least) today in Your computer, but you just don't know what you have.
Why two or three - because Windows itself offers you so many and they exist in all versions of Windows 10. However, if you do not have Windows 10, you have them two there.
Plus, you can put/install them there as much as you like. Google Search should offer quite a variety.
But what has been offered here? Well, one of the best known is the IObit Advanced System Care, where it exists, as well as several versions of Ashampoo Snap (ie 9, 10, 11) for free, of course the ones mentioned above.
But if you want to use it with Your web browser, take for example something like Nimbus Screenshot & Screen Video Recor or Lightshot (screenshot tool) - they work with almost all web browsers (extension)
For example, for Chromium/Chrome/ and also for Opera

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lightshot-screenshot-tool/mbniclmhobmnbdlbpiphghaielnnpgdp

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/web-clipper-nimbus/kiokdhlcmjagacmcgoikapbjmmhfchbi

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nimbus-screenshot-app/aecjogkncpbkjfobfnoaiepipllcadhe/related
For Firefox go to the Firefox Extensions page and they are there.

If You don't know how to use Chrome extension in Opera, go to Opera extensions site and they are there.
All they works also with new Edgium, Slimjet, Maxthon, Brave, etc.

Edited by Kalju
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheEmpathicEar

I am using Windows 10 Pro x64 and Chrome [always Chrome]. Maybe I will try "Lightshot". Thx. [I had no idea that browsers had "screen capture" extensions]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before to install anything or get extra extensions, don't you have a 'print screen' or something like that key on your keyboard? Is there something happening when you hit that key?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheEmpathicEar
8 hours ago, mp68terr said:

Before to install anything or get extra extensions, don't you have a 'print screen' or something like that key on your keyboard? Is there something happening when you hit that key?

 

Yes, this is true. But, without having advanced, easy to use, imaging software in Windows 10, it's easier to use 3rd party apps for both screen capture and processing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

But, without having advanced, easy to use, imaging software in Windows 10, it's easier to use 3rd party apps for both screen capture and processing.

 

23 hours ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

Even IrfanView can do that perfectly.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
On 2/16/2020 at 5:40 AM, TheEmpathicEar said:

I should probably learn how to use some screen capture software. Can you recommend a good freeware version?

 

This is a good one - loads and loads of features. I have heard members speak good about this too - free for personal use, but never tried it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheEmpathicEar
21 hours ago, DKT27 said:

 

This is a good one - loads and loads of features. I have heard members speak good about this too - free for personal use, but never tried it.

I installed ShareX which is a small size. But, it requires .NET Framework (or a version of it I did not have installed). The installation for this was very slow. But, maybe this is something that does not have to be done very often?

 

I will have to learn how to capture and then upload using this. I read the Guidelines and Imgur is one site that is allowed/recommended. What I did not find is the specific format required to imbed/share images here? The other question is what button(s) above to use in doing this?

Edited by TheEmpathicEar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
1 hour ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

I installed ShareX which is a small size. But, it requires .NET Framework (or a version of it I did not have installed). The installation for this was very slow. But, maybe this is something that does not have to be done very often?

 

I will have to learn how to capture and then upload using this. I read the Guidelines and Imgur is one site that is allowed/recommended. What I did not find is the specific format required to imbed/share images here? The other question is what button(s) above to use in doing this?

 

I usually use portable so not sure.

 

Do this, make sure the above is enabled:

 

On the left, click on Destinations > Image uploader > Imgur.

 

On the left, click on After capture tasks > Upload image to host. This uploads the image after capturing automatically.

 

On the left, click on After upload tasks > Copy URL to clipboard. This way, the direct link to the file gets copied without even need to do anything this way.

 

How to capture image you might ask. Open the software and click on the Capture > Region or Capture > Window - to capture the whole window you want to capture.

 

In order to make changes to image, you can right click on the main list's last captured image and select things as you require. If you want to edit the image, you can right click on the captured image from the list > Edit image. If you want to get it's other shareable links, you can right click it > Open or Copy.

 

To select what type of format to capture for images, click on Task settings on left > Image > Image format.

 

The software has so much settings and options, if one masters it, it's among the most powerful file and image capturing / uploading / sharing software out there.

 

If you find it too confusing then you can also try the other software I mentioned above here.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheEmpathicEar

I am looking into this. But, what about specific format/codes required here for uploading images?

Edited by TheEmpathicEar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

The topic has become a topic about screenshots software, and I am still waiting to see a picture to fix the issue. Is it that hard to take a screenshot?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

I am still waiting to see a picture to fix the issue.

It seems it's solved 👇

 

On 2/16/2020 at 5:40 AM, TheEmpathicEar said:

Somehow, I hit the "Zoom" button on Chrome completely unawares. This is what shifted everything around. Click on "Zoom" reset - 100% and everything is back to the way it always looks. Sorry 😀

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheEmpathicEar

Yes, Resolved. And, I have ShareX installed. But, I still need to know which HTML/Codes are used here for uploading images? i.e. Demonoid/TPB/etc. have different rules/codes for sharing images.

EDIT: Maybe a MOD could rename this to Screenshot Capture or something that describes better what this thread morphed into? Or, do we have a section somewhere that explains this last part?

Edited by TheEmpathicEar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Matt locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...