Tag&Rename Installation

TheEmpathicEar

TheEmpathicEar

[I am having an amazingly hard time trying to find the last Tag&Rename thread posted here] I installed the latest version, v3.9.1.5, on a 64-bit PC for the first time. The installer reps both x86 and x64, but the installation on my x64 PC landed in "C:\Program Files (x86)". I just wanted to know if this standard for this software?

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, that is the default installation path, but there doesn't appear to be a separate x64 version, i think that the x86 and x64 just means it will work on both x86 and x64 systems

screenshot_20200216_003852.png

Tag&Rename only have 32 bit executable file no separate 64 bit version. & according to Application Installation on Windows x64, 32 bit application are suppose to get installed by default in 'C:\Program Files (x86)' & 64 bit application inside 'C:\Program Files'.

I Thought this software had been abandoned years ago. Took it off recently, as the rename from Amazon, Etc. had stopped functioning, Loved the software will get it back and reinstall. Thnk you.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually about 2 years without update. Some services don't work anymore. Besides freedb.org and its services will be shut down on March 31st of 2020. So it's kind of abandonware, but still best in class. I don't know the decent substitute.

TheEmpathicEar

Hmm, this is too bad. This software was always the simplest for me to use for this purpose of both tagging and renaming.

• 2 months later...
TheEmpathicEar
6 minutes ago, hbk4ever said:

I love and still use this software.

I hope in remains in development.

Archived