Do we still use CCleaner?

Diego T.

5 hours ago, hazz said:

%temp%

suppose to be enough

ccleaner by elchupacabra
R-Tools R-Wipe & Clean

windows save so much more information than just temp
If you open the sub-menus in R-Wipe & Clean, you can see how much interesting information is there. You who haven't used it before, try it.

• Replies 75
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too much cleaning always had an adverse effect for me.

My experience with this type of deep clean stuff and Reg cleaners is as such that just about every time I used them things get mucked up and I had to go back to my Symantec Ghost backup to recover.

Here is my suggestion, before you start deep cleaning, make sure you have a solid backup and you know HOW TO RESTORE IT, or do a google search for every folder you want to get rid of to see if it is safe to do so.

You just don't want to do the computerized version of drink a glass of Clorox or Lysol to cure Corona virus!

i used CCleaner for quite a while until it deleted a system registery and it crashed my system. So haven't used CClearner after that :P 

1. CCleaner is absolutely safe and still completely irreplaceable.
  2. He just doesn't have any analogues that are at least equivalent and just as easy to use.
  3. PS: Personally, I've lived on computer significantly longer than any program or cleaner.
  4. And the story that CCleaner deleted the sled from the registry is utter nonsense, complitely absurd.

On 5/26/2020 at 10:48 PM, Kalju said:
  1. CCleaner is absolutely safe and still completely irreplaceable.
  2. He just doesn't have any analogues that are at least equivalent and just as easy to use.
  3. PS: Personally, I've lived on computer significantly longer than any program or cleaner.
  4. And the story that CCleaner deleted the sled from the registry is utter nonsense, complitely absurd.

this guy begs to differ 🙂

2 hours ago, erp-ster0 said:

this guy begs to differ 🙂

Believe or guess what you want. Of it doesn't really depend nothing.

Everything is exactly as it is and everything depend how things really work...
But when it comes to Avast, I really don't recommend it to even the biggest enemy and also not to You.

I have not recommended such malware and malicious programs to anyone for at least 10 years.

I use the portable version 5.65 professional, it works fine for me and has 5mb less junk food 😄
app blocker with firewall

• 1 month later...

recent reactions from a few users from the Vista forums about CCleaner:

i think its a useless software, there is already a cleanup utility in windows oses

CCleaner was a good program until Piriform was bought by Avast/AVG in 2017.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ccleaner, privazer, etc. are supposed to remove past traces of the user activity (browsing, deleted files, etc.).

Is there a trustable scanner that can verify that their job has been done correctly? A simple tool that does not require users to check info/bytes written on their disks.

15 hours ago, mp68terr said:

Privazer will very likely tell that privazer worked fine.

I ditched PrivaZer. Too many issues to deal with...

it takes a long time to load ccleaner with winapp2.ini.... 😕 i am still using old 5.43.6522 version.... hate new version that keep check new version

Archived