what are the ideal AMD operating temperatures?

majithia23

This make me feel that CPU smart fan control that is found in BIOS cannot be enable here. :think:

yup dkt ,

there is no smart fan control in bios , only option is " fan always on "

and also there is no way of seeing the temp under bios !!

or any other hardware info ...

any idea , any other way , i can see the system temperature or fan control ?

thanks ..

• Replies 42
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You probably won't see it in your BIOS. OEM manufacturers usually keep those things hidden or throw them out altogether. Especially for laptops you get the least possible number of options in the BIOS. I have no idea why they do those things, I guess they don't want you to have access to too many options. :dunno:

You probably won't see it in your BIOS. OEM manufacturers usually keep those things hidden or throw them out altogether. Especially for laptops you get the least possible number of options in the BIOS. I have no idea why they do those things, I guess they don't want you to have access to too many options. :dunno:

well leetpirate ,

i think i have an idea why they handicap us ,,, " they think -- your machine hitched up / burnt out , please come to us . we ll burn your pocket !! "

screw these bunch of corporate retards :fist:

i am calling it a night .

damn the everest still reports 88 ' C !!!

going to try all the remedies you guys suggested , first thing in the morning .

thanks to all for your help...

one more thing ,

do these laptop cooling fans help ?

i mean do they really keep the cpu cool ?

any personal reviews ...

thanks ...

• Administrator

Try to get access to the hidden content of BIOS. For me it's Ctrl + F1 in the BIOS main page to enable to see hidden content. ;)

Before you call it a night make sure your laptop is able to radiate its heat outward and do not close the cover or lid/screen.. You can damage the screen and keep heat from radiating away as quickly as would be otherwise..

If your under HP warranty call them maybe there's a recall(they have MANY) for your LT's heat issues.

Also check HP for a BIOS update...occasionally you will find BIOS updates for motherboard/CPU heat problems.

Before pulling screws out of your laptop find the "Service Manual" for your model and look it over.

think my laptop heat got spilled onto this thread !!

but those hot posts have been deleted !!!!

(did saw some , erratic posts in the morning , but they are not here now . good job mods . keeping the healthy enviornment off the forum up held !! )

cool it guys ,

chill .

keep the posts encouraging and worth reading !!!

i know we all want that :)

well anyways , here is what i did ,,,,,,

unscrewed one cover under the laptop base , which i thought must be covering the fan , and yes it did , somewhat .....

located the air intake path/vents and vacuum cleaned it .

closed it.

ran the BIOS setup and restored it to default .

started the pc ,

ran the everest utility

and waited with anxiety for the temp reading

and VOILA ,

there it was .... temp reading 54 ' C !!!! B)

see the attached captures . one before and after .

and right now the running temp are ranging between 60 'C to 70 'C .

this is great !! awesome !!!

thanks to everyone for all the help ! :flowers:

my tips ,,,

the dirt i vacuum cleaned was not visible . it was very fine small fibres like , just there , seen with a keen eye .

so just clean your air intake of fan compartment once every month to keep it from clogging , or when ever you feel like .

and i noticed the system also has become more responsive !!!

also bought a Belkin notebook cooling pad, gives extra space for the base to breathe and also a fan keeps circulating the air .

one more thing ,

the PC Wizard utility has an option ---" force fan detection ",, which checked my fan speeds and reported them running at 2500 rpm .

the fan statistics were not shown with everest and it has no option of force detection !!

thanks ...

keep it cool

and keep rocking !!!

post-24436-125742829519_thumb.jpg

post-24436-125742839553_thumb.jpg

post-24436-125742845575_thumb.jpg

• Administrator

Glad you got it right. So moral of the story. Clean the computer every month/six months(from inside). Oh that reminds me, I have not cleaned my PC from last 8 months. :o

Well I recommend you to see that heatsink paste is proper there. And also keep the paste with you, never know when you will need it. :lol:

Glad you got it right. So moral of the story. Clean the computer every month/six months(from inside). Oh that reminds me, I have not cleaned my PC from last 8 months. :o

Well I recommend you to see that heatsink paste is proper there. And also keep the paste with you, never know when you will need it. :lol:

+1 dkt .

agree....

just clean off the the buggy dust .

ur peace will love it and you will love it more .

thats the moral !

:)

LOL.. add some bubbling water cooling.. the gauges ....use a typewriter for a key board.. go Osborne screen with magnifier and you have a Warehouse 13 system..LOL..Look like a pressure cooker when your done..LOL..nah j/k..

Well I wasn't for once.. Just had this picture in my mind when yo used the word guages.. of a tachometer sitting on the side of my screen..like in a car..with a mount...and monitoring my Nitrous to Fuel ratio..

thats cool.!

the system is running fine guys !

thanks to the timely help ..... NSANE and its awesome members.

one thing ,

i noticed , is that ,

if the laptop is running on battery , the temp recorded , operating ones are around 54 to 60 ' C. ( even noticed a temp of 40 'C on start up , which climbs to 55 'C on operation )

and

if we run the laptop on ac power source the same operating temperatures are shown as 64 to 72 'C

I don't think that there is any difference in power scheme for battery and AC. When on battery, probably some power saving options are activated and CPU is working on lower speed so it generates less heat.

Cheers ;)

You could check you power scheme and see if there is a difference in them for battery and AC Power..

I don't think that there is any difference in power scheme for battery and AC. When on battery, probably some power saving options are activated and CPU is working on lower speed so it generates less heat.

Cheers ;)

checked that heath .

and recorded temps after changing some parameters ,

first ran on battery and then the same settings on ac power .

there remains a difference of around approx 10 ' C ! ( ranges between an avg 54 'C on battery and an avg 64 'C on ac )

probably mara is right ,

could be some internal power saving protocols on battery mode !

Archived