Whats your Bandwidth?

Guest MPAA_agent

Whats the download speed of your internet connection??(go 4 the closest match)  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the download speed of your internet connection??(go 4 the closest match)

• 56Kbps
    • 64Kbps
    • 128Kbps
    • 256Kbps
    • 384Kbps
    • 512Kbps
    • 1Mbps
    • 1.5Mbps
    • 2Mbps
    • 3Mbps
    • 4Mbps
    • 5Mbps
    • 8Mbps
    • >8Mbps

Guest MPAA_agent

I would like you to share the details of your internet connection through this poll. So if you take the poll, plz post a message that has the details like this:

Connection Type: Dialup (cellphone).... :) .yup i connect through my cellphone.

Technology: CDMA 2000 1X

Download Speed: 115Kbps(max.)

Upload Speed:115Kbps(max.)

Costs: INR 30 (USD 60cents approx.)/hour during the day & INR 15(USD 30cents approx./hour of usage during the night

Service Provider: Reliance India Mobile

Actual Performance: Satisfactory (when compared to 56K dialup)......... Varies with time and most of the time i get around 40 to 80 Kbps plus you get the mobility.(you can take your laptop anywhere with you and connect to the ineternet, anywhere there's the mobile network....... :blink: ........but you have 2 have a laptop in the first place...... :) ......and i dont have one yet..... :D )

• Replies 43
  • Views 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

56k, but, i have access to a FAST ass LAN at college :)

getting a 256 dsl this week tho :D

Comcast as well, but at 3Mbps (may be 3300 by now)

Gir, where do u live?

Cool Beans

Zeus_Hunt

64k at home

GOD knows what at HP

We have bandwidth restricted right now at training room with a dl of 20k

Should be higher on the floor

By the way the CDMA connection sounds good

if we surf at night ie 15Rs/hour with a dl speed of 40kb approx we get a dl speed of 150Mb/hour sounds good :angry:

Guest Gir489
Comcast as well, but at 3Mbps (may be 3300 by now)

Gir, where do u live?

Cool Beans

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

384kbps

SBC Yahoo DSL. It totally sucks. Very slow download speeds, disconnections, everything. im going to get roadrunner soon though.

EDIT: SBC Yahoo DSL also has peak times, ie: during the night, so if you download during the night like i do, its not a good choice of isp.

Chicano666

487 / 284 kbps.

I have Verizon as my ISP. Its kind of slow, no problems concerning with disconnections but the speed factor annoys me :angry:

LemonHead2089

im on 56K using AOL :angry: :o :huh: so we have to wait. does anyone know how this process usually takes by any chance? i know it depends on the company but maybe a rough estimate.

384kbps

SBC Yahoo DSL. It totally sucks. Very slow download speeds, disconnections, everything. im going to get roadrunner soon though.

EDIT: SBC Yahoo DSL also has peak times, ie: during the night, so if you download during the night like i do, its not a good choice of isp.

Im on the same boat as you.. Disconnects very requently. And Ive noticed the peak times too. Its not just durring the day either.. :angry: Damn morons, they give us "fast" speeds then limit them afterwords... :huh:

Connection Type: 2MB / 256kB DSL- Moving to 4MB / 400kB in 4 weeks time!

Technology: Linksys WAG54G Wireless Modem / Router & Linksys NIC

Download Speed: 256kB/Sec

Upload Speed: 32kB/Sec

Costs: Currently £40 per month - New 4MB line will be £30 monthly.

Service Provider: [Don't Be Silly]

Actual Performance: ISP is probably in the bottom 10 for customer service. Takes you almost an hour to get through to someone and they do not respond to emails, "call me back" etc... However if it's working, it'll work good. If you have no problems then you're a lucky pup. Unfortunately, after several months enjoying my 2MB connection I decided to take them up on their offer of a cheaper 4MB deal. This means that the order is going to take a while... and possibly a shedload of downtime too as there is work to be done on my line. Ordered upgrade on April 13th :P

SacredCultivator

Pure crap for me.. Since I live soooooooo far (16,000 Ft.) away from the station so I only dl at 40Kbps and upload at around the same =/

• 2 weeks later...
Chicano666

My speed kind of fluctuates a lot, according to Broadband reports its 512/282. I think that the probelm is that I test it in different servers, cause they usually get full fast.

stay 512kbs till now.....some new from provider will be 1 mb next month....satisfy till now.

• 4 months later...

The Speed my net is supposed to be at is approx. ADSL 3500 kbps/~1000kbps, but because I am out of effective range by a little over 1000 feet., I am only able to sync at about 800-900 down/96 up, that's better than 56k though, alothough it does go out at times, especially during inclimate weather (mainly thunderstorms).

EDIT: forgot to mention my ISP is Verizon Residential.

487 / 284 kbps.

I have Verizon as my ISP. Its kind of slow, no problems concerning with disconnections but the speed factor annoys me :D

I have Verizon also and I get disconnected if im downloading something and Surfing the net at the same time, then I have to reset modem :D

I have Verizon also and I get disconnected if im downloading something and Surfing the net at the same time, then I have to reset modem :D

I don't have Verizon anymore, thank God. Now I have Cable through NYCT.

• 3 months later...

Charter 3M we want 5M but have to wait a year too high $$

320Kb/s and thinking about maybe spend a little more money for more speed. But I don´t like to spend my money...That´s a problem. :)

Archived