EAZ-FIX v9.0

Mo Husen

EAZ-FIX v9.0

Hey guys,

Is this software any good ? Is it a better alternative to "System Restore" in XP?

I tried searching the forum but drew blank.

I know the Right Honourable Tonyblair has a TR for it.

Any feed back from people using it or have used it would be very much appreciated, thanks. :)

• Replies 45
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EAZ-FIX v9.0

Hey guys,

Is this software any good ? Is it a better alternative to "System Restore" in XP?

Any feed back from people using it or have used it would be very much appreciated, thanks. :)

I never heard of it but now I'm curious too.

I hear CleanSlate is pretty good but I could never find a "working" copy of it.

eaz fix,rollbackrx,ay recovery are amazung app u can restore yours system in 5 second

you dont need any cd/dvd backup..................amazing app

there is freecomodo time machine

its a clone of rollback rx and its free

eaz fix,rollbackrx,ay recovery are amazung app u can restore yours system in 5 second

Thanks @halo,

Have u used either of them? & what are the advantages over XP's System Restore(also Free).

Thanks @halo,

Have u used either of them? & what are the advantages over XP's System Restore(also Free).

EAZ-FIX v9.0

Hey guys,

Hi Mo Husen,

Advantage : You can recover even if Windows XP crashed and do not boot.

Disadvantage: You cannot defrag your HD by your own. You have to use the defrag utility of the application itself.

I'm looking for one that doesn't require me to create a new partition just so it can store its image on it, so which of those that can store its image(s) in files instead of a complete partition?

I'm looking for one that doesn't require me to create a new partition just so it can store its image on it, so which of those that can store its image(s) in files instead of a complete partition?

None of them request from you to create a new partition and none of them will store its image(s) in files.

How it works?

1- In the principal partition (where the OS is stored) the application will delete the MBR and replace it by its own (the original MBR is archived)

2- The application will install a grubdos and grldr (chain loading process)

3- It will store its console files and snapshots at the end of your Hard disk (highest sectors)

All this process is mandatory as the application have to achieve an important task : recover the system from a crashed or unbootable OS.

So it has to be independent from the system file management of your OS. 

I agree that it's an amazing app and far superior to System Restore, BUT even with this app you should still have an offline image-backup like in case your disk crashes. Btw, EF also includes an image-backup provision.

Actually, Rollback Rx is a clone of Eaz-Fix -- EF is the developer of this software!

Disadvantage: You cannot defrag your HD by your own. You have to use the defrag utility of the application itself.

Hi TB.

As you say EF has it's own snapshot defragger, but as an EF user I can tell you for a fact that you can use a regular defrag utility along with EF as long as you (1) have sufficient free space on your c-drive, (2) do an boot-time defrag, and (3) update EF's baseline snapshot afterwards! -- I've been using Puran Defrag's boot-time defrag in just that way for several months and it works like a champ...

PS. Your great work in patching EF v9 is really appreciated...

Hello.

It means that I can't defrag my HDD with O&O Defrag if I use Ayrecovery ? :huh:

++

Hi TB.

As you say EF has it's own snapshot defragger, but as an EF user I can tell you for a fact that you can use a regular defrag utility along with EF as long as you (1) have sufficient free space on your c-drive, (2) do an boot-time defrag, and (3) update EF's baseline snapshot afterwards! -- I've been using Puran Defrag's boot-time defrag in just that way for several months and it works like a champ...

PS.  Your great work in patching EF v9 is really appreciated...

Thank you appzter for your warm words  :)

For the defrag, The way you are using it is the right way. It means that you really understand how EF handle the sectors.

It means that I can't defrag my HDD with O&O Defrag if I use Ayrecovery ? :huh:

You can if AyRecovery is just another EF clone - just follow the method and precaution outlined in my post above!

It means that I can't defrag my HDD with O&O Defrag if I use Ayrecovery ?  :huh:

You can if AyRecovery is just another EF clone - just follow the method and precaution outlined in my post above!

Yes it is another EF clone. :)

if u will use eaz fix or comodo time machine u can defrag yours hard drive with no problem,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i readthat on wildersseciurity and comodo forum,

I am currently using AyRecovery on Win7x64. The only thing that I don't like is the fact that every time I update the baseline, AyRecover doesn't finish (only 99%) and it is frozen. I have to reboot and reinstall the program. Now, when I want to update the baseline, I uninstall, then reinstall. Any one has this problem? Also, I use SSD and no need to defrag ever again.

I am currently using AyRecovery on Win7x64. The only thing that I don't like is the fact that every time I update the baseline, AyRecover doesn't finish (only 99%) and it is frozen. I have to reboot and reinstall the program. Now, when I want to update the baseline, I uninstall, then reinstall. Any one has this problem? Also, I use SSD and no need to defrag ever again.

It's probably an incompatibility issue - I don't believe that it officially supports Win7x64 (I'm not too sure about SSDs either!)... As soon as Tony Blair comes up with a working patch,.I suggest trying the latest release of EAZ-FIX v9 (Build 2694449166).

It's probably an incompatibility issue - I don't believe that it officially supports Win7x64 (I'm not too sure about SSDs either!)... As soon as Tony Blair comes up with a working patch,.I suggest trying the latest release of EAZ-FIX v9 (Build 2694000651).

Let me check out the features.

It's probably an incompatibility issue - I don't believe that it officially supports Win7x64 (I'm not too sure about SSDs either!)... As soon as Tony Blair comes up with a working patch,.I suggest trying the latest release of EAZ-FIX v9 (Build 2694449166).

EAZ-FIX v9.0

Hey guys,

Hi Mo Husen,

EAZ-Solutions are the developers, so EAZ-FIX usually is a release or two ahead of their licensee's, such as Rollback Rx and AyRecovery. EF also includes features not found in the clones, such as a disk-imaging subsystem.

http://www.eazsolution.com/en/download_eazfix.php

Hello.

Isn't Ayrecovery which is developing the technology ? :fear:

I'm lost...

++

Archived