Should Nsane have a eBook section?

leader97

Should Nsane have a dedicated ebooks section?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should Nsane have a dedicated ebooks download section so that members can share their ebooks?

• Yes
    • No

There is already a section for 'other' downloads HERE but it is a mix of music, books and, well, anything really. But they are all mixed together, no sorting by category, and the threads get VERY, VERY few views.

The poll here is about whether there is enough support for a dedicated forum for eBooks, perhaps divided into sub-categories like: 'Fiction', 'Non-Fiction' and, perhaps, the 'Non-fiction' divided into further sub-categories like: 'Biography', 'Self-help', 'Computing' etc

Last month the possibility was raised in the 'Feedback' section HERE so this poll is designed to check the views of others who may not have seen it

• Replies 11
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having sections are good but if ebook uploads are not d/w frequently, most of it become inactive. That's what happened and Admins are not interested in troll comments/dead threads for new sections.

Also, ebooks can be searched easily in nsane by mentioning ebook with title in search.

Since @Matt is already having huge work for nsane and he is ignoring the new section for now. Maybe when nsane feels better, we'll have hope for new section.

• 10 months later...
On 8/13/2018 at 12:18 PM, vissha said:

Maybe when nsane feels better, we'll have hope for new section.

that would be nice.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Honestly, I'm a sucker for digital content, specially ebooks. My monograph is about how digital libraries and ebooks are the future of the traditional library, both still coexisting nevertheless. I'd love to see a dedicated ebook section, and if anyone needs a librarian's help to classify, index and select the books, or just need a hand in the whole process, feel free to DM me anytime.

On 8/13/2018 at 3:29 PM, leader97 said:

VERY, VERY few views.

Yes some users do try and keep the section " other " alive but as you point to not many views , that then makes users maybe think what is the point ........ Maybe an eBook section on a trial basis ?
I do try and promote the " other " sub topic when i welcome new members ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. Some members are more advanced than others and

for those members who are not as advanced but still want to learn an e-book could help.

• 1 month later...
Marcus Thunder

Seriously, who reads books? If you read 1% of your whole  ebook collection that would be really impressive. It takes seconds to become charmed by a book's description then giving it a shot by downloading while you need hours to finish reading just one,. There are articles & video tutorials free or paid that would spoil your reading experience and give it to you in a nutshell in just 30min. You can spend the rest of the time to familiarize yourself and discuss topics with like minded people and 'leech' on their experience. Like non-online video games, you feel alien & exiled from the real world by spending your time reading.:rant:

https://www.nsaneforums.com/forum/54-videos/

I would prefer Guides & Tutorials to be separate from General Discussions & Support, with more sections in it instead...

Well... would say... no need!

As the OP wrote already, the 'other' section is already the place for tutorials/pdfs/etc. for not much views and not much thanks. Adding an ebook section would even decrease the viewers and 'thankers'.

Would simply let it the way it is: 'other', and let forumers to check what is in there.

• 1 month later...

I read a lot of books (including ebooks, although I prefer the real ones), but I don't think a dedicated section is necessary on nsane down, which is - in my view - the best place for software related stuff & news.

There are many sites out there that are fully dedicated and concentrating on ebooks already...

Archived