EBooks Section

TechLord

It would be nice I think if we could have a section devoted to ebooks, with sub-sections there in it classifying the books as Fiction, Non-Fiction, Computer-related, etc etc.

I hope the admins would consider it. Thank you for the efforts on improving the forum so far. It rocks :)

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

There is no sufficient interest for it right now.

Also, I think currently only one or two members are posting them.

For now, members need to stick to Direct Downloads Library > Other. If more members post there and there is more interest in it, only then we can consider it.

7 hours ago, DKT27 said:

There is no sufficient interest for it right now.

Also, I think currently only one or two members are posting them.

For now, members need to stick to Direct Downloads Library > Other. If more members post there and there is more interest in it, only then we can consider it.

Thank you @DKT27 , but in my opinion I feel that only when there is a separate section opened for the ebooks, then only will the members post them.

As an example, I did try to look for books on this forum, but managed to miss out on the Direct Downloads Library > Other  link that you'd advised me to visit in your post above. I am quite sure that many other members would have tried to look for an "Ebooks" section (just like I did) and when they didn't find it, would have just assumed that theis forum does not have section for the books.

My request and suggestion : It wouldn't cost anything nor hurt to open a section for Ebooks (classified into subforums within it as "Fiction" , "Non-Fiction" , "Computers" ) as a start to see if anyone will post there, right ? ;)

In my defence, I would say that no forum (including warez forums etc) having the ebooks section was ever found to be empty or without any posters :)

Regards

• Administrator

We will think about it.

You guys need to, politely, keep reminding about it though. Also, starting a new section, if even considered, takes a lot of time so please be patient about it.

On 7/21/2018 at 3:43 AM, TechLord said:

Thank you @DKT27 , but in my opinion I feel that only when there is a separate section opened for the ebooks, then only will the members post them.

As an example, I did try to look for books on this forum, but managed to miss out on the Direct Downloads Library > Other  link that you'd advised me to visit in your post above. I am quite sure that many other members would have tried to look for an "Ebooks" section (just like I did) and when they didn't find it, would have just assumed that theis forum does not have section for the books.

My request and suggestion : It wouldn't cost anything nor hurt to open a section for Ebooks (classified into subforums within it as "Fiction" , "Non-Fiction" , "Computers" ) as a start to see if anyone will post there, right ? ;)

In my defence, I would say that no forum (including warez forums etc) having the ebooks section was ever found to be empty or without any posters :)

Regards

+1 (x100!) I'm a very active uploader to two major book forums.

I never knew about Nsane's 'Direct Downloads Library>other' but if it's hidden away then, as TechLord says, how can we know that "There is no sufficient interest for it right now." - unless DKT27 was meaning among the Admin.

I fully understand if the thinking is that book forums are too much of a move away from Nsane's core charter - I get that - but I reckon there's a demand out there for what is being asked in this thread.

Edit: I've just looked at the 'Other' section of the Direct Downloads Library...It's a rag-bag mix of Music and the occasional book and there's no sub-forums that attempt to suggest separate categories. That's a long way from what it could be. Setting up new forum categories and sub-categories is really so straightforward (although I accept that there need to be moderators)

Archived