CCleaner 5.45.6611

Karamjit

Cleaning/defragging/compacting, your Windows registry is a bad bad idea. There is no need to do that. Cleaning leftover/temp files can be done by simply right clicking on a drive-letter... so what's the purpose of this app other than to do damage to your operating system?

• Replies 80
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, virge said:

Cleaning/defragging/compacting, your Windows registry is a bad bad idea. There is no need to do that. Cleaning leftover/temp files can be done by simply right clicking on a drive-letter... so what's the purpose of this app other than to do damage to your operating system?

For that reason, I only use PerfectDisk to Defrag my HDD Drive and Optimize my SSD Drive :)

No more CCleaner & Defraggler

2 hours ago, Archanus said:

No more CCleaner & Defraggler

The purpose of Ccleaner is making money. You pay for it or free version collects data of you for making money. Ccleaner is useless for registry jobs. If you want to clean and optimize your registry, use something else, like Vit Registry Fix or Reg Organizer. Run first Ccleaner and then Vit with deep clean. Big difference.  

5 minutes ago, Radpop said:

The purpose of Ccleaner is making money. You pay for it or free version collects data of you for making money. Ccleaner is useless for registry jobs. If you want to clean and optimize your registry, use something else, like Vit Registry Fix or Reg Organizer. Run first Ccleaner and then Vit with deep clean. Big difference.  

Since Avast! bought CCleaner, that beatiful program get worse everytime. Now since the last year, as you say, CCleanar make money with my information.

And No bro, Windows 7/8.1/10 don't need Registry Cleaner. Those system are well enough (except the hundreds of bugs in Windows 10), so there's no need any Registry Tweak or any "Miracle" ($300) to have "500% More Performance" - IObit SH1T !!

4 hours ago, virge said:

13 minutes ago, Archanus said:

And No bro, Windows 7/8.1/10 don't need Registry Cleaner. Those system are well enough (except the hundreds of bugs in Windows 10), so there's no need any Registry Tweak or any "Miracle" ($300) to have "500% More Performance" - IObit SH1T !!

Are you still so sure? And if, then why? 

16 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Are you still so sure? And if, then why? 

Let's see Mr. Penultimate XD 

Besides this page recommend CCleaner it has a really good explanation :) It will explain you better than me :)

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2018/jan/11/pc-tuning-software-windows-10-clean-up

Also this: From 2010 :) 

https://www.sevenforums.com/software/132821-we-need-tuneup-utilities-not.html

But tell me about your opinion Why is neccesary in these days yo use PC TuneUp Software :) 

43 minutes ago, Archanus said:

But tell me about your opinion Why is neccesary in these days yo use PC TuneUp Software :) 

1. Thank you for such a quick and thorough response!
But I'm not going to follow your suggestion because Windows is not capable to work correctly if not cleaning and optimizing the registry, Windows itself does not have these features. Unfortunately. And so everyone must find out, which is the best to use. It may be a bit different for different computers and also depends how Windows is used, but without cleaning obsolete registry data is not possible to use any Windows version.
2. And to You I want to recommend, that if You really belive in everything what You can read in different places, then is good if You try to think, how things works and how not.

3. If answer to Your question, then no TuneUp Software is needed. You need to have sense and knowledge, ie Your brain is important, not tools. If human have brain, then he can handle. Knowledge can not be replaced with any tools!
4. Thinking beautifies person.

On 7/26/2018 at 3:28 AM, duplicate said:

Going forward I highly suggest to use an older version.

Perhaps somebody can explain if it would be possible to write back the uncheck box for data sharing.

^

Best response and only recommendation for NSANERS

Portable CCleaner Professional 5.45.6611 Plus 32-64 bit Multilingual Online
Or Technician or Business
By PortableAppZ

Download Portable CCleaner Online (0.8 MB)
Sharecode[?]: /files/8031111/CCleaner_Portable_xxx_pro-be-te_32-64-bit_Multilingual_Online.exe.html

Winapp2 included.

Extract and run *Portable.
Language set by launcher according UserDefaultLang (if you don't want: write UserDefaultLang=false in *Portable.ini).

Select Edition and enter: 542

It is a stable edition even befor the mess avast mad the current version into

REMEMBER THE NUMBER

TheEmpathicEar
On 7/25/2018 at 3:04 PM, psyko666 said:

Open Regedit and delete: 'CCleaner Monitoring':
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I unchecked "Enable Active Monitoring" and it's still there in the SysTray. Is this RegEdit the only way to do this?

A lot of people still don't under\stand the magnitude of what I first posted on Page 1. Read it again.

This thread should be a STICKY.

The future CCleaner should no longer be allowed in Frontpage Software Updates, and be posted with warnings.

Avast AntiVirus allows you to uncheck sharing data, no more for CCleaner.

CCleaner is a money making spyware, your sharing your browsing with Avast to nsaneforums and everywhere you go & every program you use & delete.

July 2018 Version 545, and Next Month, and the Following Month, and FOREVER, Avast has made CCleaner into spyware "Allow use data to be shared with 3rd parties for analytics purposes"

Just like Microsoft, so you use one of many 3rd Party Disable Windows Spying Apps, to disable.

Avast is not changing CCleaner, moving forward no need to talk about the new version.

To disable use an older version.

The only discussion should be from an Author who can write a Portable to take out the crap & analytic sharing data. I doubt it.

The discussion should be about these four Versions and what they do:

532 9.29 MB Last Piriform Version

542 15.0 MB Last Avast Version without settings for Options>Privacy.

543 15.1 MB Warning uncheck the three boxes in Options>Privacy [Control which data we collect].

544 15.2 MB Warning uncheck the three boxes in Options>Privacy [Control which data we collect].

Your opinion which of these four version you like and the differences.

Run as Portable side by side to test & compare.

9 minutes ago, duplicate said:

542 15.0 MB Last Avast Version without settings for Options>Privacy.

543 15.1 MB Warning uncheck the three boxes in Options>Privacy [Control which data we collect].

544 15.2 MB Warning uncheck the three boxes in Options>Privacy [Control which data we collect].

5.33 9.33 MB First version with malware :tooth:

6 hours ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

I unchecked "Enable Active Monitoring" and it's still there in the SysTray. Is this RegEdit the only way to do this?

Just this doesn't work, because I tried this but the icon didn't disappear from the systray. I think after updating CCleaner the option to show the app in systray has been activated.

Spoiler

2018-07-29_222903.thumb.png.da3d7dafbf6028391fb1eac4cd5803d7.png

TheEmpathicEar

@HJSC Thx! I just did that and it worked. This was the missing piece. I guess the registry edit is not needed.

5 hours ago, duplicate said:

I just reverted back to this version, it can be found on FileHippo.

This is like the utorrent when current versions .... The last 2.x stable version should be marked as the stable ver.. 

Just install business "MSI" version no CCupdate.exe inside
and block CCleaner.exe with your firewall.

knowledge-Spammer
48 minutes ago, WorkNoFun said:

i not like they are going to change or rename things  but ok

2 i hope they do the same with both free and pro   about what info is sent or not we see in weeks time they said  i have feel big changes again to ccleaner next versions

2 hours ago, knowledge said:

i not like they are going to change or rename things  but ok

2 i hope they do the same with both free and pro   about what info is sent or not we see in weeks time they said  i have feel big changes again to ccleaner next versions

@knowledge back, welcome King :thumbsup::win::towel::rockon:

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/08/01/ccleaner-5-45-dont-install/

Dont install or upgrade to CCleaner 5.45

by Martin Brinkmann on August 01, 2018 in Uncategorized - 18 comments

Piriform/Avast released CCleaner 5.45 recently to the public that Windows users may not want to install or upgrade to.

The changelog of the new release highlights the change in euphemistic terms: "Added more detailed reporting for bug fixes and product improvements". The company added privacy options to CCleaner in May and stated back then that it collected only anonymous data from free users and did not display the options to free users because of that.

CCleaner users who run the new release may notice two changes immediately: It is nearly impossible to disable the monitoring part of CCleaner (Active Monitoring), and there are not any privacy settings anymore in the free version of the program.

ccleaner 5.45

While you may go to Options > Monitoring to disable "Enable system monitoring" and "Enable Active Monitoring" there, you will notice that the monitoring turns itself on again on the next start.

Note that you can't close CCleaner anymore using interface controls; A click on the x-icon minimizes the program, and the right-click system tray icon displays no option to terminate the program. The only option that is available is to terminate CCleaner forcefully.

The only workaround requires three steps:

1. Disable the monitoring in CCleaner.
  2. Disable the startup item of the application (don't delete it because it will be recreated automatically).
  3. Forcefully terminate CCleaner using the Task Manager or third-party process management software.

Active Monitoring defaults to on and since it is impossible to close CCleaner using interface controls, it reports back to Piriform/Avast regularly.

Piriform addressed user concerns in a post on the official forum. A Piriform admin confirmed in the post that the company extended the analytics functionality of the software "in order to gain greater insight into how our users interact with the software".

Piriform states that the data is completely anonymous, and that it uses the data to "rapidly detect bugs, identify pain points in the UI design, and also understand which areas of functionality [the company] should focus [...] time on".

The company reiterated in the post that it does not collect personally identifiable information about free users but failed to disclose what data it collects and how it stores, shares, and processes the data.

The extended analytics functionality was added to the Active Monitoring in CCleaner 5.45; Piriform's representative admitted that the solution was not the best.

The company promises to do better by separating Active Monitoring and the anonymous collecting of usage analytics in the user interface so that users can (better) control the two features. Users will have options to enable none, some or all of the functions directly from the user interface.

The new release is weeks away according to the post and users who upgrade to version 5.45 are stuck with a program that runs constantly in the background and reports analytics data back to Piriform. Most users may not be tech savvy enough to disable the monitoring component (and thus the sending of analytics data).

Closing Words

CCleaner was a program that worked fine out of the box for years but that is not really the case anymore. While the cleaning works as good as it did years ago, recent decisions to push the monitoring functionality, introduce advertising popups for pro upgrades, hack, and analytics/privacy controversy have painted the program and the company in a bad light.

The battle to win back user trust is an uphill one. If you ask me, Piriform needs to implement clear and functional opt-out options (better opt-in but that won't be happening) and reveal exactly what data it collects and how that data is stored, shared and processed.

knowledge-Spammer

alot of what he said was right i have seen

plus i think more big changes to next version from ccleaner team they say will rename things  i feel its to hide  somethings  like the info it gets from users  and with the program not real removeing files from Recycle Bin  thats not good and still not fixed on last 2 or 3 versions  y they not  want people to remove files from Recycle Bin ?

plus with free version it never like the pro version  y ccleaner did this for  is crazy i like ccleaner and still do but they must change things i have seen they are trying to beat me from post old versions make it harder for  me

plus y them not post or have oldgui now days   its was for new windows 8 at the time  i watch cccleaner much and see they is doing somethings maybe not ok with users  is all crazy  i think its a  money thing i mean they want u to use just pro versions  and not care for fre version  like they hide boxs so people cant unclick them and more

plus i think it was hacked on 2 versions not just one version   but i cant proof it 

but i look at what admins say like this comment  from ccleaner admin

For example, we can see that many of our users have upgraded to the Professional edition but have never switched on the 'scheduled cleaning', which is one of the main benefits of the paid product. From this we know we need to work harder to make this paid-for feature more obvious in the CCleaner UI.

as u can see he say he see people are usein pro version more then free  i see y   as in free version u cant unclick somethings or boxs so real they make people have to use pro version for that i just use free version  and edit  what i not want   i hope ccleaner team see what they is doing to a good program

CCleaner 5.45.6611 Free / Professional / Business / Technician Edition REPACK/PORTABLE KROLIK

General information:
Type: installation, unpacking portable
Languages: Russian, english, multilanguage
Activation: key + branding.dll
Optional: CCEnhancer, Telemetry block

Telemetry blocking:

In installation versions of the assembly, this lock occurs automatically
To block telemetry when using a portable version, add the following lines to your hosts file
(c: \ Windows \ System32 \ drivers \ etc \ hosts)

0.0.0.0 analytics.ff.avast.com 

0.0.0.0 ipm-provider.ff.avast.com

0.0.0.0 license.piriform.com

0.0.0.0 www.ccleaner.com

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode: /files/8765518/CCleaner.v5.45.6611.zip.html

• Crazycanuk locked this topic

Archived