CCleaner 5.45.6611

Karamjit

CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware!

Thanks to ADN for the update.

Download

• Replies 80
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, SPECTRUM said:

now CCleaner can't be disabled from running in second plane, even disabling monitoring :S

the only way monitoring can be disabled is by stoping it from startup entry.

43 minutes ago, SPECTRUM said:

now CCleaner can't be disabled from running in second plane, even disabling monitoring :S

Capture.png

9 minutes ago, DonyMach1 said:

Capture.png

no, that only hidden the icon, but the process continue running.

26 minutes ago, gone said:

the only way monitoring can be disabled is by stoping it from startup entry.

yes, thank you :D that's the right why to stop/disable it.

Gone said: the only way monitoring can be disabled is by stoping it from startup entry.  I did that, but the next day (date change) it auto restarted. I have been using CCleaner for a very long time, but I think it is time to give Glary Utilities a try, and move on  and on if needed. RIP  CCleaner.

26 minutes ago, CarterTaz said:

Gone said: the only way monitoring can be disabled is by stoping it from startup entry.  I did that, but the next day (date change) it auto restarted. I have been using CCleaner for a very long time, but I think it is time to give Glary Utilities a try, and move on  and on if needed. RIP  CCleaner.

As I mentioned here and also earlier when CCleanerUpdate Task was introduced by Avast, we have to improve the competition like Glary Utilities(good but heavy), Bleachbit(lighter and similar to CCleaner but slightly buggy), CyRobo Clean Space, KCleaner and other s/w to blow up Avast CCleaner from more than 50% users in the world.

FYI: @knowledge was working on a customized Bleachbit installer and @steven36 got a dark mode, @dcs18 showed dark mode proof of concept and more info here:

If many show interest in Bleachbit development, it'd be great and we'd get portables from @BALTAGY@Geez@DeLino, JooSeng, FoxxApp, FCPortables, Thumbapps, PortableAppZ, PortableApps.com and RePacks from @-=[4lfre1re]=- @TheBigelchupacabra, TryRooM, KpoJIuK, and more.

For CC Cleaner I   just delete the Update Task,  x86 version and  Language files  as i only need English  im sure you could delete all but the one you needed if needed a certain Language ,  i also block the app with a firewall and I never register the program because the pro dont do anything that i need it to do. The best part of the program is free I only use it like once a month  anyways i never had a problem with it auto starting.

1 hour ago, CarterTaz said:

KWpty2o.png

dcs18, if you are showing me what to do thanks, but I did that, although, through a different app. It worked all day July 24, I even did 1 reboot and 1 cold boot, but I left my computer on all night to encode a movie to HEVC, and when I turned on my monitor July 25th, it was running with a box popped up by my clock/date saying CCleaner Monitor running. I had shut CCleaner all the way down (double checked in task manager too) before I called it a day, but when the date changed CCleaner was turned back on.

49 minutes ago, CarterTaz said:

dcs18, if you are showing me what to do thanks, but I did that, although, through a different app. It worked all day July 24, I even did 1 reboot and 1 cold boot, but I left my computer on all night to encode a movie to HEVC, and when I turned on my monitor July 25th, it was running with a box popped up by my clock/date saying CCleaner Monitor running. I had shut CCleaner all the way down (double checked in task manager too) before I called it a day, but when the date changed CCleaner was turned back on.

The following works fine, for me — if it doesn't for you, there is a possibility of registry corruption, at your end:—

0exyx2n.png

time to move on to wise cleaner 

19 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

The following works fine, for me — if it doesn't for you, there is a possibility of registry corruption, at your end:—

0exyx2n.png

Try restaring the pc  the task reappears in windows 7. dont know  abt other os 

2 minutes ago, gone said:
21 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

0exyx2n.png

Try restaring the pc  the task reappears in windows 7. dont know  abt other os 

Have already restarted the PC, a number of times since updating to this build on both my OS — Windows 8.1 and Windows 7, as well.

39 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Like I said above it worked yesterday even after reboot and another reboot or cold boot, but was back this morning. I have been reading other forums and read that now there is a "12 hour heartbeat" in the latest version that will send user info to CCleaner/Avast EVEN IF YOU HAVE EVERYTHING UNCHECKED IN THE CONTROL WHICH DATA WE COLLECT every 12 hours. This is what I now believe restarted CCleaner overnight. I have been using CCleaner for almost 10 years, but I have now DL the portable versions of Glary Utls and BleachBit to try. I think CC's boat is sinking now that Avast owns it.

2 minutes ago, CarterTaz said:

Like I said above it worked yesterday even after reboot and another reboot or cold boot, but was back this morning. I have been reading other forums and read that now there is a "12 hour heartbeat" in the latest version that will send user info to CCleaner/Avast EVEN IF YOU HAVE EVERYTHING UNCHECKED IN THE CONTROL WHICH DATA WE COLLECT every 12 hours. This is what I now believe restarted CCleaner overnight.

Makes sense to ensure CCleaner is blocked from internet access — in my own case, don't even have to create extra rules for CCleaner since on all my systems, apps. & programs that function without internet (like CCleaner) are denied, by default (without the need of User intervention.)

Thanks dcs18 for all the input, but when you need to go through this many hoops to use something, and there are other options out there, I think its time to move on to one of the other programs. I'm going to roll-back 1 or 2 versions of CC as a safety net while I try out BleachBit and Glary Utilities, and maybe a few others. Such a shame, Avast killed a good app. RIP

50 minutes ago, CarterTaz said:

Thanks dcs18 for all the input, but when you need to go through this many hoops to use something, and there are other options out there, I think its time to move on to one of the other programs. I'm going to roll-back 1 or 2 versions of CC as a safety net while I try out BleachBit and Glary Utilities, and maybe a few others. Such a shame, Avast killed a good app. RIP

Try System Ninja it's developed by the guys who made CCEnhancer: https://singularlabs.com/software/system-ninja/

Have got Glary Utilities — it does not meet my requirements.

Tried BleachBit recently — it looks promising but is not quite there, yet.

Gonna stick with CCleaner because . . . . . in my case, whatever measures are required to be taken, have already been taken care of (for me — it was all just a one-time process . . . . . a investment.)

That been said . . . . . at every update, CCleaner is indeed guilty of switching-on a couple of unwanted features back to on (regardless of User preference/s) — have got this annoying aspect covered, as well . . . . . have already incorporated numerous hacks (over the years) whereby my registry rejects any attempt by any app. or program from adding unwanted entries which have been manually disabled.

In other words, I don't have to keep re-configuring CCleaner at every update — it behaves itself and respects all of my preferences.

However, would be nice if you guys would try-out some alternatives to CCleaner and update the rest of us with your observations. F3h9xqz.gif

Open Regedit and delete: 'CCleaner Monitoring':
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

CCleaner History to understand what is happening.

Avast purchased Piriform July 19 2017. Last Piriform Version v5.32.6129 (11 Jul 2017).

Avast's first attempt Version 5.33 was the Security Incident Hack. A failure, embarrassment, lack of trust.

https://www.ccleaner.com/news/blog/2017/9/18/security-notification-for-ccleaner-v5336162-and-ccleaner-cloud-v1073191-for-32-bit-windows-users

Avast has changed CCleaner. Starting with Version 545 it sends a 12 hour heartbeat which reports up to date usage statistics to allow faster delivery of bug fixes & product improvements. The release notes are disguised, saying -Added more detailed reporting for bug fixes & product improvements. So everywhere you go & everything you do goes back to Avast.

Version 542, is vacant & blank with no setting for Options>Privacy.

Options>Privacy began & started with 543 & 544. Boxes to uncheck.

uncheck Allow use data to be shared with 3rd parties for analytics purposes.

uncheck Show me offers for our other products.

uncheck Help to improve our other applications by sending data to CCleaner.

Version 545, switched to two boxes for unchecking, eliminating the Allow use data to be shared with 3rd parties for analytics purposes.

uncheck Show me offers for our other products.

uncheck Help to improve our other applications by sending data to CCleaner.

Going forward I highly suggest to use an older version.

Perhaps somebody can explain if it would be possible to write back the uncheck box for data sharing.

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/version-history

Notice the size of Version 532 9 MB, jumped to 15 MB.

Manually adjust the ## at the end to your choice of download to save.

https://download.ccleaner.com/ccsetup5##.exe

As a testing parameter, you can easily run two versions side by side, for testing comparisons, with a Portable.

AppZBlogspot Portable. Type the ###. Business/Technician. Language or No Language.].

Download AppZBlogspot Portable CCleaner Online (0.8 MB)

Site: https://www.upload.ee

Sharecode[?]: /files/8031111/CCleaner_Portable_xxx_pro-be-te_32-64-bit_Multilingual_Online.exe.html

Select edition 5## & details.

TheEmpathicEar
7 hours ago, -=[4lfre1re]=- said:

Anyone want to try my Repack...?

Site: https://www.mirrored.to
Sharecode: /files/XPQWEXWY/CCleaner.v5.45.190.6611.Multi.Setup.rar_links

VAIc5z4.png

Regards... ?

Does this allow you to install various editions? If not, I will wait for @TheBig's repack

18 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

Does this allow you to install various editions? If not, I will wait for @TheBig's repack

This is the tech edition, but i recommend you @-=[4lfre1re]=- repacks, they have the standard design but all of they work 100%.

• Crazycanuk locked this topic

Archived