Win.10 insider preview issue

Gerry85

Hi there!

I'm using Win.10 1709 Build 17604.1000 activated evaluation copy,wich will expire soon.

Is there any way to fix the expiry day,or to upgrade to another build without loosing program files,favorites etc.?

Thank you!

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upgrade might do the trick: Settings -> System -> About -> Change product key or upgrade your edition of Windows -> Change product key

x5DUtiotQISFtIgKt1QMzw.png

Check out: 

1 hour ago, jbleck said:

Upgrade might do the trick: Settings -> System -> About -> Change product key or upgrade your edition of Windows -> Change product key

x5DUtiotQISFtIgKt1QMzw.png

Check out: 

Could you copy here the check out web address?

jayesh30202
15 minutes ago, Gerry85 said:

Could you copy here the check out web address?

Site: https://textuploader.com
Sharecode: /523q8

Sharecode: /d6ujd

Credits to @november_ra1n

1 hour ago, jayesh30202 said:

Sharecode: /523q8

Sharecode: /d6ujd

Credits to @november_ra1n

I tried that,but didn't worked,the expiry date still the same,maybe is not working for evaluation copies.

You should know using Windows Insider means you're willing to be a Tester
Insider version will be served with Watermark build in the lower right corner of the screen and this version can't be activated permanently

16 hours ago, Gerry85 said:

Hi there!

I'm using Win.10 1709 Build 17604.1000 activated evaluation copy,wich will expire soon.

Is there any way to fix the expiry day,or to upgrade to another build without loosing program files,favorites etc.?

Thank you!

all Insider Preview Builds are evaluation copies and that is normal, you can upgrade to a more recent Builds as always without losing anything.

8 hours ago, SPECTRUM said:

all Insider Preview Builds are evaluation copies and that is normal, you can upgrade to a more recent Builds as always without losing anything.

What is the procedure for the upgrade?

Snuffy1942
On 7/1/2018 at 4:40 AM, Gerry85 said:

Hi there!

Thank you!

If you upgrade - you should not lose any programs or favorites.  that is what upgrade is for... then you should still be Activated and get a new Timebomb date....

I say should due to I really have no idea what all you might have changed. but UPGRADE is exactly that keep all your stuff and get the newest. even if you have NO upgrades allowed you can DL the latest ISO directly from MS

then upgrade that way.... also if you have Enterprise installed, the Professional version will upgrade perfectly... (I know due to that is what i do all the time..) image.thumb.png.96275ecde44eeee2e5e2bb32ee9ff139.png

3 hours ago, Gerry85 said:

After expiry date,the evaluation copy will work for a short time,or will be unusable?

It will be unusable, but do not worry, Microsoft will have released many, many more Insider Previews by then, and the time-bomb date will have changed.  You should not expect to use an Insider Preview forever.  It is simply an evaluation build, nothing more, and nothing less.

3 hours ago, dMog said:

how did you get your evaluation copy that you are currently using

DL from MS website.

1 hour ago, Snuffy1942 said:

If you upgrade - you should not lose any programs or favorites.  that is what upgrade is for... then you should still be Activated and get a new Timebomb date....

I say should due to I really have no idea what all you might have changed. but UPGRADE is exactly that keep all your stuff and get the newest. even if you have NO upgrades allowed you can DL the latest ISO directly from MS

then upgrade that way.... also if you have Enterprise installed, the Professional version will upgrade perfectly... (I know due to that is what i do all the time..) image.thumb.png.96275ecde44eeee2e5e2bb32ee9ff139.png

It happened to me last year when it upgraded/changed from version 16xx to version  17xx I lost some program files and favorites (both IE and Chrome).

I already downloaded the Win.10 Pro Build 1709 from MS,and how could I upgrade from that ISO without loosing any program and favorite files?

I know to burn that ISO in  a DVD,and install from there.

1 hour ago, dhjohns said:

It will be unusable, but do not worry, Microsoft will have released many, many more Insider Previews by then, and the time-bomb date will have changed.  You should not expect to use an Insider Preview forever.  It is simply an evaluation build, nothing more, and nothing less.

If the expiry date is tonight at 7:38 PM,when would be the shut down time?

Snuffy1942

I burn to USB which is faster, smaller and works better (IMO). and as for loosing some programs/files, do remember that nothing is ever guaranteed when you use MS Products and I stated SHOULD NOT. ?

On 7/2/2018 at 6:30 AM, Gerry85 said:

What is the procedure for the upgrade?

in Windows Update as always.

On 7/2/2018 at 6:14 PM, Snuffy1942 said:

I burn to USB which is faster, smaller and works better (IMO). and as for loosing some programs/files, do remember that nothing is ever guaranteed when you use MS Products and I stated SHOULD NOT. ?

Unfortunately,my laptop's BIOS doesn't has USB boot option. ?

3 hours ago, SPECTRUM said:

in Windows Update as always.

Right,but if I check Settings>Windows Update shows "You're up to date".?

25 minutes ago, Gerry85 said:

Right,but if I check Settings>Windows Update shows "You're up to date".?

well that depend of in which Insider Preview ring you are using in the Insider settings.

9 hours ago, SPECTRUM said:

well that depend of in which Insider Preview ring you are using in the Insider settings.

How can you find out that?

9 hours ago, Gerry85 said:

How can you find out that?

in the options, Windows Insider Program.

On 7/2/2018 at 11:45 AM, Gerry85 said:

If the expiry date is tonight at 7:38 PM,when would be the shut down time?

I nanosecond past.  Boom Boom!  Out go the lights!

Don't worry bro, you can use any @ctivator XD jaja :) But remember that any Insider Preview Build has tons of bugs. For that reason I'm a retired Insider guy jajaja XD 

Archived