Nsane Forums Dark Theme

Matt

1 minute ago, DKT27 said:

Please link me to the said post or posts. I need to understand how big the problem is to decide upon it.

Its been a problem every since the dark theme existed here , even before. its any post copy and pasted  from Chromium based browser me and other members here have discussed it before they ether need to use Firefox for  posting  or remove the format before posting.

• Replies 137
  • Views 29.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, steven36 said:

Its been a problem every since the dark theme existed here , even before. its any post copy and pasted  from Chromium based browser me and other members here have discussed it before they ether need to use Firefox for  posting  or remove the format before posting.

Should have told me earlier about it. I personally have hardly seen any badly formatted posts in Firefox here.

Should have told me earlier about it. I personally have hardly seen any badly formatted posts in Firefox here.

If you use the dark theme you will see lots of them  .  I tested it this time on Firefox 60.2 in Windows and Waterfox on Linux  i get the same results.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, steven36 said:

If you use the dark theme you will see lots of them  .  I tested it this time on Firefox 60.2 in Windows and Waterfox on Linux  i get the same results.

Just found a reverse version of it. Dark background text in normal theme. I have let Matt know about it.

Just found a reverse version of it. Dark background text in normal theme. I have let Matt know about it.

yes dark themes have always been problematic in Firefox  even using a dark OS theme in Linux i have to use   Dark Background and Light Text addon

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dark-background-light-text/

Whoops  wrong addon  that addon above makes all pages dark owl addon is better for that.

OWL Dark Background

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/owl/

this is the addon I meant you have to use in  in Firefox for Dark OS themes in Linux

Text Contrast for Dark Themes

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/text-contrast-for-dark-themes/

If you dont use it you can't even see the search box on many sites if you use a dark theme. :tooth:

• Administrator

@steven36 This is not a bug, and there is nothing wrong with it. 

When you copy paste something you will get two option image.png  Pick Pate as plain text instead. 

This is how to spuse to be on IPS with rich text, yet you have an option that you've never used before.

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

@steven36 This is not a bug, and there is nothing wrong with it. 

When you copy paste something you will get two option image.png  Pick Pate as plain text instead. 

This is how to spuse to be on IPS with rich text, yet you have an option that you've never used before.

Telling me it's  not a bug does not fix the problem,  it just justifies it and it dont make the end user change the format before posting  and as long as it's a problem i will use owl when on here. There's 100s  of post on here already posted   i can't read  using the dark theme  and they use to be a lot more, but this year they deleted a lot of old post out of the database .

I can see  the post using Owl

https://s7d1.turboimg.net/sp/146c56d9f7f2eb18c6673874da4f132f/owl.png

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Telling me it's  not a bug does not fix the problem,  it just justifies it and it dont make the end user change the format before posting  and as long as it's a problem i will use owl when on here.

I didn't just tell you "it's not a bug". I gave you a solution, and it's up to you if you want to use it. 

• Administrator

Relax guys. We will try to fix it when all the other issues are fixed here. We did not know the issue was so big and we will look into it.

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

I didn't just tell you "it's not a bug". I gave you a solution, and it's up to you if you want to use it. 

I dont post with chrome browser  my default browser is Firefox  my problem is i cant see post when others don't  use you're solution when using chrome  witch I already said above removing the format fixes it  me and another member discussed it already before and he all ready removes the format before posting. There are many members here that don't know.

Nice work Matt.

i have been waiting for this for a little while and i must admit that it is way better when using the dark theme, everything seems to be more visible now.

OMG!!! I wasn't able to log in to the Front Page since Saturday and now I return and find myself in a different Nsane with people bickering about something minor. C'mon guys, it could have been worse, it could have been me creating a new theme....can you imagine the psychedelic hallucinogenic eye-melting nightmare that would have been?

Remember, life is for Living, Loving and Laughing:D:D:D 

Why is there a dark theme for the forum but not the nsanedown webpage; can't find how to change over there.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, csmdew said:

Why is there a dark theme for the forum but not the nsanedown webpage; can't find how to change over there.

nsanedown has no dark theme yet. Once we are doine working on this the forums we will set a schedule for it. 

I have never liked dark themes, but I still tried your dark theme.  Yes, it is nice - but I will always use light themes.  I just prefer to use light themes.

copy/pasta is still a bit...

Problem:

Image 1.jpg

(reading ) solution:

(highlighting as for copying) :ph34r:

Image 2.jpg

Phragmeister

This dark theme looks good, slick and very professional, thank you!

I've been using the DarkReader extension for a while, which inverts white pages to black/grey.

The front page doesn't look too bad with DarkReader on -
 tZlxqSO.png

On 6/10/2018 at 10:04 PM, Matt said:

I know that nsane members are professional people, so they deserve a professional forums look. I have decided to release the dark theme today. I'm not going to put screenshots, so just simply go and change the theme.

If you have any problems or suggestions please feel free to contact us.  

Its awesome, thank you

• Administrator

There is no dark theme on FP. But there is an black and white theme on FP.

Go onto the top right of FP > Site settings > click on Gray on the - Select site color scheme - thing. See if you guys can like it.

I have the same issue HandyPAF had/has.. everytime i close nsaneforums or my browser and then come back.,. its starts as white, the black is not sticking.. unlike Handypaf i use palemoon. not sure if its an addon causing the issue or something else. need to read up on creating a new profile so i can create a blank one and try it. see if the same thing occurs, just a pain to have to scroll to the bottom everytime and change it.

Reading copy & paste articles is too difficult, can't be bothered to highlight as per atasas's solution so I've had to go back to default which is a shame as it's the best dark theme I've tried

• Administrator
17 hours ago, andy2004 said:

I have the same issue HandyPAF had/has.. everytime i close nsaneforums or my browser and then come back.,. its starts as white, the black is not sticking.. unlike Handypaf i use palemoon. not sure if its an addon causing the issue or something else. need to read up on creating a new profile so i can create a blank one and try it. see if the same thing occurs, just a pain to have to scroll to the bottom everytime and change it.

I think this happened during fixing and editing the theme. Now you wouldn't have this problem anymore. 

15 hours ago, sandman117 said:

Reading copy & paste articles is too difficult, can't be bothered to highlight as per atasas's solution so I've had to go back to default which is a shame as it's the best dark theme I've tried

If you've any suggestions don't be afraid we don't bite. Simply take a print screen from the things you don't like, and I will see what can be modified. 

• Matt unpinned this topic

Archived