Nsane Forums Dark Theme

Matt

• Administrator

If not said already. Relax guys.

Matt is doing his best to fix all the issues.

Please be respectful and all the issues will be possibly fixed here.

• Replies 137
  • Views 29.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

Sweet, just excited that there's a dark theme, and can wait for all the kinks/improvements to be made to make it tha tmuch better.

Thanks!

:idea:Tip - For those who post RSU from nsane homepage on a new dark theme:
Open two nsane homepage tabs and check which one works with RSU. If one works, then pin the tab & never reload the tab/disable auto-reload options for the tab if any.
If both doesn't work with RSU, test every few minutes after reload.
When u want to post RSU from home, just use the same tab and for updated homepage/nsane logout & re-login/post hibernation/sleep/..., use the other tab.

Update:

Issue seems resolved in the last few hours.

2 hours ago, knowledge said:

it seems someone have removed  my cover photo   have been removed ?

The same happened to me yesterday. Is not a theme bug because I'm using the Default one. It's a site bug.

If you right clic on the empty space where your cover must be, and choose "View Image" you can see that it is there but not visible.

I can see @knowledge's cover if I open the image on a new window.

http://www.nsaneforums.com/uploads/monthly_2018_06/matrix_green_light_future.jpg.0787ff794cf053c7cef06bc670131659.jpg

Am i loosen it or did the sharecode option disappear?

24 minutes ago, I Am Negan said:

Am i loosen it or did the sharecode option disappear?

Last item under Browse menu option.

Oh, ok. Didn't use to be in the reply box?

19 hours ago, I Am Negan said:

Oh, ok. Didn't use to be in the reply box?

Due to technical issues it was create a new way to build the sharecode and relocated it to the browse menu.

I REALLY Like the new "Dark Theme"! It is Much easier to read, And SO Much Less strain on my eyes. I wish it were the default theme, so I wouldn't have to change back to it every time I clean the crap from my browser (yes, that sounds lazy - I is what I is;)) but a lot of folks would likely think differently.  Thanks for your effort. :clap:    P.S.  Please Don't Feed The Trolls. If everyone would just ignore them, most of them would eventually find some other site to contaminate (or get their mommy/nurse/oderly/guard to find them another site). Sure, some will get everyone's hopes up by just making promises (or as they imagine, "threats") to leave but never do it, but some will actually go away, and that is a "Win" for this website and it's Normal Users.

Maybe it is my browser or a browser extension but if I leave Nsane (no tabs open that are on the forum) and then revisit any page of the forum, I must re-apply the dark theme. It doesn't seem to 'stick' and it could be due to a cookie issue but I have no extensions or settings that would interfere with that.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, HandyPAF said:

Maybe it is my browser or a browser extension but if I leave Nsane (no tabs open that are on the forum) and then revisit any page of the forum, I must re-apply the dark theme. It doesn't seem to 'stick' and it could be due to a cookie issue but I have no extensions or settings that would interfere with that.

I don't understand what you mean but try different browsers. Also if you can show me a print screen. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I don't understand what you mean but try different browsers. Also if you can show me a print screen. 

Choosing the Dark Theme is only temporary for me. If I change the theme to dark, it works. But the theme reverts back to default when starting a new browser session.

I thought a Chrome extension I installed was causing this to happen but no. I tried another browser, Firefox, and had no problem. So I will reset my Chrome profile to fix the problem.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, HandyPAF said:

Choosing the Dark Theme is only temporary for me. If I change the theme to dark, it works. But the theme reverts back to default when starting a new browser session.

I thought a Chrome extension I installed was causing this to happen but no. I tried another browser, Firefox, and had no problem. So I will reset my Chrome profile to fix the problem.

Everything here works fine, yet you might noticed that because I have changed some permissions to the Dark Theme so it would change it back to the default theme. Now everything should be fine. 

Hi Matt

Congratulations on getting it all sorted although I didn't realise a dark theme meant off line, still better than Microsoft dark theme....BSOD which stops the computer altogether.

Still same problem as always people who copy and paste articles from Google chrome  you can't read them using the dark theme  in Firefox  . It never renders right unless they remove the format.

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Still same problem as always people who copy and paste articles from Google chrome  you can't read them using the dark theme  in Firefox  . It never renders right unless they remove the format.

Would you please post a screen shot.

• Administrator

I'm willing to disable rich text editor if this issue with the theme as mentioned above is a big concern. But disabling rich text editor has it's negatives too.

Just now, DKT27 said:

I'm willing to disable rich text editor if this issue with the theme as mentioned above is a big concern. But disabling rich text editor has it's negatives too.

Well it's not a problem for me i will just use  dark owl  instead , But overall  its a problem when checking to make sure you dont post a duplicate post .

• Administrator
1 minute ago, steven36 said:

Well it's not a problem for me i will just use  dark owl  instead , But overall  its a problem when checking to make sure you dont post a duplicate post .

Please link me to the said post or posts. I need to understand how big the problem is to decide upon it.

2 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Could you disable just macro's, that way only text would be copied, which could be

4 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

formated in to desired appearance?

In mobile mode, you may notice, I failed to delete by mistake taped 2nd time quote completely, only the text... Not a buggy ;)

• Administrator
Just now, DKT27 said:

Please link me to the said post or posts. I need to understand how big the problem is to decide upon it.

Don't disable anything 

3 minutes ago, steven36 said:

Don't forget the theme editing hasn't finished yet. I released the theme to y'all in order to tell me what's the problems or suggestions needed to be fixed. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Matt said:

Don't disable anything 

Don't forget the theme editing hasn't finished yet. I released the theme to y'all in order to tell me what's the problems or suggestions needed to be fixed. 

Good point.

If nothing will be able to fix it, then, we can consider disabling it after taking all the opinions on it.

• Matt unpinned this topic

Archived