Intel graphics cards could be announced in a year

DKT27

• Administrator

Youmnnf.jpg

Intel has been rumored to be working on a discrete graphics card for some time now, and we may well see it announced at CES 2019.

At least that’s the word on the Internet according to Anthony Garreffa from TweakTown. According to an industry source within Intel, Garreffa alleges that Intel’s GPU team has “reached the end of this first step, and are now preparing for the big [GPU] launch.”

Supposedly after acquiring the Athlon and Ryzen CPU architect Jim Keller, Intel is now pushing full-steam ahead with the next generation Intel graphics core.

Graphic ambitions

Previously, Intel poached AMD’s Radeon Tech Group Leader, Raja Koduri, and Global Product Marketing, Chris Hook. On top of this, we previously reported that Intel is building a graphics-focused team of at least 102 personal. With all of that in mind it seems certain that Intel is working on something big in the GPU world.

Of course, we’ll have to take this rumor with a grain of salt. Especially when Tweaktown’s last source confirmed that Nvidia would launch a new GPU in late March at the company GPU Technology Conference. Obviously, that didn’t happen.

:view:View: Original Article.

• Replies 6
  • Views 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, Ha91 said:

Finally.

I doubt whether it will work or not :lol:

Some said it will be as powerful as AMD and as expensive as nVidia, which is quite bad.

Some say it will be mid-tier or not much powerful, which I think is fine as most sold cards are mid-tier and not super expensive ones which all the news and review sites only care about there.

straycat19
32 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Some said it will be as powerful as AMD and as expensive as nVidia, which is quite bad.

Some say it will be mid-tier or not much powerful, which I think is fine as most sold cards are mid-tier and not super expensive ones which all the news and review sites only care about there.

...and as flawed as their cpu chips.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, straycat19 said:

...and as flawed as their cpu chips.

Imagine GPU firmwares containing flaws. Fixing them is I believe more rare than fixing CPU via firmware updates I think.

Do you think AMD would benefit as a result of them entering the market or would it further damage them? 

• Administrator
On 5/11/2018 at 5:49 PM, mkc21 said:

Do you think AMD would benefit as a result of them entering the market or would it further damage them? 

Both AMD and nVidia will not benefit from this as it will increase the competition, only the consumers will benefit from this.

Archived