@DKT27 and all administrators

rerigam

knowledge-Spammer
2 hours ago, rasbridge said:

I feel your pain as I joined this forum in February 2013 and that thread was my "favorite" thread too.  With 696 posts in just over 5 years, I was hoping to achieve VIP status so that I could once again have access to that topic.  Sadly, with the VIP changes imposed yesterday, I doubt that I will be achieving VIP status anytime soon either.  However, one veteran member here took great joy in my fate and sent me a message with "lol" and a link to the webpage regarding the VIP changes to bully me...

name this bully  and sure he not bully  again

plus  u have 702 posts so allmost vip

• Replies 44
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Kalju said:

What is big for one, it's small to the other.
What is a Moon for one, it's the Sun for other...
(By Juhan Liiv /our national writer and poet wrote about 100 years ago)

The breath of wind brought cooler air,
the waves of mourning brought separation:
autumn and autumn
befriend each other.  (By Juhan Liiv)

Very sad, he die in obscurity.  Good poet.  Great.  Here, we fight, rules, new member,  VIP (Very Important Person).  Sad.

All same.  1 post, 1000 post, 1,000,000 post.  All same.

Help, kind, empathy & sympathy.  Good.

6 hours ago, rerigam said:

I joined this forum in January 2014, my reputation is  536, my posts 640 most of them in Windows/Office/Adobe topics to help other users but... i can not more access the above topics. Why? Are you sure the policy you adopted is correct?

I stand in solidarity with you, rerigam

I believe it's time you people at the ivory tower to reciprocate. It's the right thing to do.

If we members can't look forward to you to do the right thing for us, how then can we be sure that our identities are safe with you.

Regards.

2 hours ago, Chatman said:

Scs_2018-03-20_174347.jpg

What a f**k are you thinking? That's your way for contribute here, posting emoticons? Maybe tomorrow you will cry that ”it is not fair that I be forbidden not to visualize certain parts of the forum”.

@   Old (100 x times banned) ghosts  :alien:  are striking again ....   :secret: :lmao:

Easy & effective solution -->   just put the jerk in advance on ''ignored users'' list.  That's all you need.

6 minutes ago, knowledge said:

plus  u have 702 posts so allmost vip

:uhuh::coolwink:

Confucius say:  To see what is right and not to do it is want of courage.

Hope this forum do the right thing.  No inequality.  Fair.  Good example.

I've been here since 2007 and I'm not a VIP but with just under 600 posts I can see why. My thing is to ask questions if I have problems and read to learn as much as possible. Also I try not answer questions just to get post credit especially if I'm not sure of the subject. But with my degree in computer information I probably should help more than I do. Longevity and posts should not justify positions; but also all sections of a forum should be available to all members unless directly related to officials of said forum.

7 hours ago, rerigam said:

I joined this forum in January 2014, my reputation is  536, my posts 640 most of them in Windows/Office/Adobe topics to help other users but... i can not more access the above topics. Why? Are you sure the policy you adopted is correct?

46 minutes ago, vyzzer said:

I stand in solidarity with you, rerigam

I believe it's time you people at the ivory tower to reciprocate. It's the right thing to do.

If we members can't look forward to you to do the right thing for us, how then can we be sure that our identities are safe with you.

Regards.

Any non-VIP member, who has participated and posted in a thread before the thread is moved to the VIP section, should be allowed to continue to participate and contribute to that thread after it is moved to the VIP section to encourage continual participation and more meaningful discussion.

It is only fair if the non-VIP member has not participated and posted in a thread before the thread is moved to the VIP section to being "blocked" from viewing the thread after it is moved to the VIP section.

This might involve some coding challenge for the admin in order to automatically whitelist non-VIP members so that they can continue to participate in threads that they have posted in before those threads are moved, but I believe it can be done.

pssssssssst.... guys :ph34r: meet me around back, I've got some VIP tickets on sale. Come alone and unarmed. :lol:

Seriously though, sometimes decisions are difficult and many things have to be considered. There is never any decision that will please everyone. It's easy to say let's have the threads openly accessible for everyone because there is no risk for the user. When the takedown notices and legal threats come our way then we are compelled to act because let's face reality, you guys could talk the biggest game but none of you would like to end up on the wrong side of the law. Count how many websites you used to visit that have been shut down, we do what we must to stay alive.

I've been here long enough to know this, there is never really any correct policy, it's always subjective, but safeguarding information to benefit some is always better than having to remove the information then everyone loses. Economic development and globalization over the years has made it difficult to ignore and fend off takedown notices as well because now every government wants to be friends with each other, so unless one of you owns a tippy top server in a tippy top datacenter inside North Korea that we can use, I suggest you stay calm and try to look at things from more altruistic perspectives.

As for moving threads out of restricted areas I do not see that happening. I do however empathize with the situation so I will put forward a proposal to review the way in which VIP access is granted, it still won't please everyone but I do believe that long-standing contributors should not be sidelined.

4 minutes ago, LeetPirate said:

pssssssssst.... guys :ph34r: meet me around back, I've got some VIP tickets on sale. Come alone and unarmed. :lol:

Seriously though, sometimes decisions are difficult and many things have to be considered. There is never any decision that will please everyone. It's easy to say let's have the threads openly accessible for everyone because there is no risk for the user. When the takedown notices and legal threats come our way then we are compelled to act because let's face reality, you guys could talk the biggest game but none of you would like to end up on the wrong side of the law. Count how many websites you used to visit that have been shut down, we do what we must to stay alive.

I've been here long enough to know this, there is never really any correct policy, it's always subjective, but safeguarding information to benefit some is always better than having to remove the information then everyone loses. Economic development and globalization over the years has made it difficult to ignore and fend off takedown notices as well because now every government wants to be friends with each other, so unless one of you owns a tippy top server in a tippy top datacenter inside North Korea that we can use, I suggest you stay calm and try to look at things from more altruistic perspectives.

As for moving threads out of restricted areas I do not see that happening. I do however empathize with the situation so I will put forward a proposal to review the way in which VIP access is granted, it still won't please everyone but I do believe that long-standing contributors should not be sidelined.

Your explanation helps me to understand what is going on.  Clearly, I support you doing whatever is necessary to keep this forum active because if it is shut down everyone loses an incredible resource.

What are the qualifications for rank?

Member=

Adv Member=

VIP=

Senior Member=

7 hours ago, Recruit said:

Diamond, Platinum & Emerald....:tehe:

Gold, Pink & Purple .... xD

20 minutes ago, Kerry4444 said:

What are the qualifications for rank?

Member=

Adv Member=

VIP=

Senior Member=

Sorry, but why is it needed for? Absolutely enough is a member and not a member.

If something else is needed, you can open a collection of articles and read the number of published articles for example  at all or during month or year. If this isn't enough, take into account the time of joining (how long has been a member). For example one year, one more star. That's all.
Of course, only personal articles, not some things, what are copied, are taken into consideration. Just like scientific articles for scientists.
But even this is not needed, why such a weird statistics, why or whom it is needed? It's like some kind of race again.

7 minutes ago, JimmySvert said:

Gold, Pink & Purple .... xD

Pink is the best, it's old men color. But maybe also the rainbow, otherwise they will be angry!

7 minutes ago, Kalju said:

... It's like some kind of race again.

A rat race.  Even if one wins, one remains a rat.  More wins and more fatter -- in mind -- one becomes.  ;)

• Administrator

I do not understand why some of you guys do not understand two simple things inspite of me saying it again and again. First is, consider that the topics are removed completely - they are removed, just forget about them. Two, it's done for a very valid reason. This reason is far more important than ViPs or not. Some thing really big is happening behind the scene which you guys are not aware about. Read my posts, PM me if you want. This settings are done for a big unmentionable reasons.

The ViP promotion changes were done to prevent spam and it's not fixed, it's open to changes as long as it meets the whole idea of members not spamming to ViP. Infact, we are already considering a more complex and efficient method.

To promote good members, we can look into it and consider about it. But no requests will be taken, atleast from the wanting to promote himself member itself. I will think about promoting good members, including the topic starter here.

Topic closed.

• DKT27 locked this topic

Archived