• Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with this version

option in preference  "reset level audio at restart in 100%(for example)"

is in grey, i can't enable this

anyone know how enable

thanks

@jonaandWhich architecture of VLC - x86/x64? Check if "Enable Audio" is checked. I so, try running VLC as Admin. If the problem persists, Backup or note the custom settings and then try re-install with these installer selections -> full -> Delete Preferences & Cache selected -> Custom. Also, check post reboot.

If you still have issue, install v2.2.8 and report to VLC/wait for next minor update.

30 minutes ago, jonaand said:

@vissha x64 in windows 10, i try but doesn't work

Are you using the new x64 or the old x64 installer? If new, then try the old one and vice-versa. If both doesn't work, then other nsane pals would help check from their end since I don't use Win 10 as u can see on the left below my profile name.

Many suggest ditching VLC over other programs. However, it is personal choice since VLC isn't getting enough now for their hard development for years. People install before VLC Official pages are updated with new release version and new changelog. Also, potplayer can be one of a hell as every month, one or two new version.

Guys why we have to ditch VLC now. Have been using it since many years and never faced any problem.

Any other alternative which I should try and why?

1 hour ago, ashish1989 said:

Guys why we have to ditch VLC now. Have been using it since many years and never faced any problem.

I do not abandon him . But now i use both ; VLC and Potplayer. :)

On 12/02/2018 at 6:56 AM, ashish1989 said:

Preferences are personal taste and should be made according to some tests too

Try VLC, MPC-HC & PotPlayer (and any other player you want)

Make tests on your machine and check performances, quality of image, resources consumption, etc....

This will give you a better idea of what to choose as main player (of course, most users have other alternatives)

The best one for me is MPC-HC. i choosed it years ago because of its unmatched image quality & performances on my systems

Despite its ugly old fashioned interface, i'll never replace it with VLC as my default video files player.

8 minutes ago, jordan4x said:

Just an addition to @jordan4x's list: DVDFab player 3 - They redesigned version 5 and I do not recommend it for now...

I have been using VLC for many years. In the early days, there was an impression that its image quality was a notch below the best. But this has neither been confirmed nor do I know whether, if it was indeed so, it still persists after so many updates.

In any case, it’s possible to improve or adjust the image appearance to your tastes thro:

Tools > Effects and Filters > Video Effects

Maybe some other video players do some of these adjustments automatically, whether required or not, for the purpose of immediate albeit unreal appeal, e.g. by enhancing colors.

On 12/2/2018 at 6:16 PM, jordan4x said:

Preferences are personal taste and should be made according to some tests too

Make tests on your machine and check performances, quality of image, resources consumption, etc....

This will give you a better idea of what to choose as main player (of course, most users have other alternatives)

The best one for me is MPC-HC. i choosed it years ago because of its unmatched image quality & performances on my systems

Despite its ugly old fashioned interface, i'll never replace it with VLC as my default video files player.

Hey Jordan4X :) I also use MPC-HC and it's so great, because of the video quality :)

I tried PotPlayer and it's nice but I really hate the "bug" or something that changes to Limited RGB Colors :s

I mean, I have MKV 4K Movie Files and everytime I watch the movie and change the audio language, it also changes the movie from Full RGB (0-255) to Limited RGB (16-235)

I tried everything and I sincerely hated it the way a video is displayed by PotPlayer

And yes, I have the Video Color Settings in NVIDIA Control Panel set to always Full RGB Color Space

Nvidia_control_panel.jpg

[That Screenshot is Not Mine, I took it from Google Images but yes, It is like that :) ]

48 minutes ago, 0bin said:

@Archanus Hey bro, I suggest you taking a look at the Nightly builds of MPC-BE

Heeey dear bro :) !! ... Ohhh, ok :) So, MPC-BE is better than the actual MPC-HC 1.7.14.4 ?? :)

16 minutes ago, Archanus said:

Heeey dear bro :) !! ... Ohhh, ok :) So, MPC-BE is better than the actual MPC-HC 1.7.14.4 ?? :)

MPC-BE is a fork of MPC-HC and have continuous developpent unlike MPC-HC (basically codecs updates and some improvements. no major differences)

Give it a try to see if your color space issue can be resolved

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpcbe/files/MPC-BE/

https://www.videohelp.com/software/MPC-BE

Archived