Your Favorite Torrent Program

I Am Negan

What’s your favorite torrent program to use. I’m kind of new to it, and tried qBittorrent and it seems pretty nice. No ads, real fast, easy to use, and a nice user interface.

• Replies 87
  • Views 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:

There's a workaround to run it on Windows here. Not tested...

Yeah, but it's a patch. It doesn't make much sense. Having a NAS with the latest versions of dsm you can have it just prepared and with all plugins ready from a docker. It's very worth it.

qBittorrent, as already mentioned. I add that it's just like uTorrent minus the adware. So you can use the latest version and don't have to resort to older ones as in the case of uTorrent.

If you are looking for something small and simple qBittorrent might be your best, but if you looking for something more advanced and ready for anything you may want BiglyBT makes anything look like a joke, I've used pretty much everything like utorrent, qbitorrent, vuze, BiglyBT may take some java vm setting up to get it properly working, but after that it is your dream torrent and can even combine different incomplete torrents to complete one that had same contents or partial.

8 hours ago, WALLONN7 said:

If you meant qBittorrent = :clap:

It's the best!!!

Yeah that’s what I meant. I tried it on a couple of anime series that I can’t get anywhere. It worked perfectly and fast.

Tixati, by far.

36 minutes ago, TheRuan said:

If you are looking for something small and simple qBittorrent might be your best, but if you looking for something more advanced and ready for anything you may want BiglyBT makes anything look like a joke, I've used pretty much everything like utorrent, qbitorrent, vuze, BiglyBT may take some java vm setting up to get it properly working, but after that it is your dream torrent and can even combine different incomplete torrents to complete one that had same contents or partial.

I used Vuze for a few years and I liked it... Since two of its original programmers are responsible for this client makes me want to try it... 

Let's go!!!

Not a big user of torrents, my P2P client of choice is Portable variant of µTorrent — the installation variant is a pain from the security point of view.

I heard utorrent isn’t bad if you use pimpmyutorrent on it?

14 minutes ago, WALLONN7 said:
19 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

security

What a surprise coming from you!!! :P

Let me explain, on one hand — some apps. & programs such as  µTorrent and WhatsApp for desktop get installed into the Application directory which is considered a security risk in the Enterprise world.

On the other hand — some SysAdmins (like me) like to use anti-Execution software such as Process Lasso (at least, in my case.) A very common practice is to block executables of all pedigree that attempt to run from the Application directory.

The installation variant therefore, is a PITA from the security point of view — also, my personal view is that Developers who insist on installing their apps. & programs into the Application directory are writing inherently ill-conceived code that inhibit virus-like behavior.

What about the best ANDROID application for torrents ?

I've used uTorrent only, but am far from being impressed with it.

Is there any alternative then ?

Archived