Jump to content

iPhone Suffers Massive Explosion in Hair Salon, Just Next to Customers


WALLONN7

Recommended Posts

iPhone Suffers Massive Explosion in Hair Salon, Just Next to Customers

Yet another Apple devices catches fire suddenly

It’s really a bad day for Apple. After a customer revealed that his AirPods caught fire while listening to music, here’s another report pointing to an iPhone that burst into flames with a huge blast in a hair salon.

Details aren’t available right now, but a video published by the Daily Mail shows what appears to be a hair salon in Vietnam, with one woman having her cut and two members of the staff just next to her.

CCTV cameras have caught the moment of the explosion, though the video doesn’t clearly show the device, but only the flames generated by the blast.

And while these are indeed sketchy details, one of the hair salon employees records the aftermath of the incident, revealing that the phone allegedly causing the massive blast was actually an iPhone.

Now word from Apple

By the looks of things, it’s an iPhone 6s, but again, without any specifics known at this point, it’s hard to take this video for granted for the time being.

And yet, this isn’t the first iPhone that catches fire, though there could be lots of factors causing the battery to overheat and to eventually burst into flames.

In many cases, third-party chargers or cables can lead to such damage, and this is one of the reasons phone makers in general, and Apple in particular, recommends using only genuine and certified accessories.

Apple hasn’t commented on this new incident, but there’s no doubt the company will at least try to investigate. The worst is that Cupertino is likely to remain tight-lipped on what exactly happened, so we’ll never know if the blast was caused by a broken accessory or a device issue.

In the meantime, you better keep an eye on your smartphones whenever they’re charging, though recent incidents have shown that such blasts are possible even when not plugged in if hardware issues are involved.

Source

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BioHazard said:

Samsung and Apple so who is next?  :spank:

 

It seems that the answer is in your question: Samsung... then Apple... and so on...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So no device is safe, so stop use any mobile phone. :rofl:

Damn I think that I'm addicted. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes. It can happen to any intelligent phone. The important think is how they fix the problem with the least  annoying to the customers. 

One example is Samsung.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guess that I will renounce to my Galaxy S8 in favour of this one: :thumbsup:

 

MXa71GU.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, WALLONN7 said:

iPhone Suffers Massive Explosion in Hair Salon, Just Next to Customers

Grammatically speaking, wonder how it is the iPhone which suffers. :unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 2/9/2018 at 11:08 PM, dcs18 said:

Grammatically speaking, wonder how it is the iPhone which suffers. :unsure:

You are correct.  It is Apple who will "suffer" when the attorneys extract millions of dollars from them via a lawsuit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rasbridge said:
On 2/10/2018 at 11:38 AM, dcs18 said:

Grammatically speaking, wonder how it is the iPhone which suffers. :unsure:

You are correct.  It is Apple who will "suffer" when the attorneys extract millions of dollars from them via a lawsuit.

Nope, not really — but . . . . . . . do keep trying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Nope, not really — but . . . . . . . do keep trying.

Prior Apple Lawsuit: iPod Touch Fire

In a 2009 case, a minor in Kansas also suffered second degree burns when his iPod Touch exploded in his pocket. Just like the girl in Maine, the Kansas kid heard a loud pop and immediately felt a burning sensation on his leg.

Among the allegations in the lawsuit against Apple, the Kansas boy and his mother claimed the burns caused him to suffer mental and emotional distress. The suit asserted that Apple failed to adequately warn consumers about the risks of the product, and that the company should face strict liability for the iPod Touch catching fire.

Although the Kansas boy and his mother demanded a jury trial in their complaint, the case was eventually settled out of court for an undisclosed amount.

 

Source:  http://blogs.findlaw.com/injured/2014/02/will-alleged-iphone-fire-lead-to-lawsuit.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...