Disable Windows 10 Email Notifications

straycat19

How to Fix: Disable Windows 10 Email Notifications

Option #1: Remove Your Account from the Mail App

To remove your account from the mail app, do the following:

1. Click Start, then click on the cogwheel (the "Settings" icon); the Settings window will appear; next, click the "Accounts" icon.

2. On the left side of the "Settings" screen, click the "Email & app accounts" option. Under the heading "Email & app accounts", click the account you want to delete, then click on the "manage" button.

3. A new window will appear. Click the "Delete account" option. Windows will ask if you want to delete the account - click Yes.

Option #2: Disable Alerts inside the Mail App

To shut off the email notification alerts inside of the Mail app, do the following:

1. Click Start, type in "mail" (no quotes); wait for "Mail" to appear and click it.

2. Next, click the "Settings" icon near the bottom left, then click on "Notifications" in Settings.

3. Select an email account you wish to disable, or select "apply to all accounts" and set the "Show in action center" to "off".

Option #3: Uninstall the Mail App

To uninstall the Mail app entirely (which will also disable all email notifications), do the following:

1. Click Start, then type in "powershell" (no quotes); wait for PowerShell to appear in the list, then right click it and select "Run as administrator".

2. Use your mouse to highlight the text below:

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage
    echo this is a dummy line

3. Right click over top of the highlighted text, then select "Copy" from the dialogue menu.

4. Next, go to the PowerShell window and right click in the middle of the window. The text you highlighted above should now be output to the command line and the mail app should be removed.

Article

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Skunk1966 said:

I never met anyone using the mail app for Windows 10 but nice to know

It's very dissapointing that Windows 8.1 Mail Metro App is better and more stable than the horrible Windows 10 Mail UWP App (with the F*cking Acrylic, Fluent and more bullsh*t of Microsoft).

So yes, Windows 8.1 Rules :D jajajaja

1 hour ago, Skunk1966 said:

I never met anyone using the mail app for Windows 10 but nice to know

That' s because  most smart people  uninstall  it with power shell  to begin with  and install one they like if they even use one at all  .  When i install Windows  10  the 1st thing i do is purge all those windows store  apps  and  install  real apps  or use portables .  Most apps  I seen that M$  puts in Windows 10 is just a way for them to earn ad revenue  and even if you bought  a app from windows store there  never as good as  the Win32  version .  XBOX   is the  same way as  Windows 10. It's like Kodi it started out for the legacy XBOX   now it works in every OS  great  and  now they decide  to bring it back to the new XBOX based on windows 10.. it  will be the only  Box that  Kodi want work right in   .  :P

Haven't did nothing similar never and also do not have no notifications...
Do not look for problems there, where they are not. Better to deal with real-life problems, with which everyone facing everywhere and every day.

9 minutes ago, SPECTRUM said:

I prefer to have email notifications enabled, so I can know in real time when somebody send me a email.

It's true and good to know, but sometimes happens, that You meet the people, who sent message already yesterday, but you haven't seen it in your mailbox, because it will come after you already know it's content. And it happens not very rarely.

36 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Haven't did nothing similar never and also do not have no notifications...
Do not look for problems there, where they are not. Better to deal with real-life problems, with which everyone facing everywhere and every day.

You're going to deal with you're real life  problems regardless because  you will always have them...   You don't think buggy software is  a real life problem ?  It is anybody that uses a  computer  will be effected  by it unless  they have someone fixing  everything for them.  For every smart person out there, there is a 1000 noobs dumb enough  to use this software  but most likely if they use something like this  they  would be like you and  not care  if they get notifications  are not . A smart person would  have removed  it in 2015  or when ever they 1st installed windows 10.

If i want email notifications i don't need   M$ too do it.  I just  set it up in my  IM  software witch is real easy  and if i don't want them i just remove it from my IM software  and i dont need  a tut  on how to do it because  i been doing it for many many years .

@steven36  - "You don't think buggy software is  a real life problem?"

- of course it is... it's very serious problem
but these notifications aren't, because they come only if user has enabled them...they aren't even by default turned on but any user must turn them on if want to get notifications. And most of all, this widget, that doesn't work, not mandatory. But I have it. And it also works and works without any notifications, so I cannot see there no problem.

This debate about nothing is so cool ! 8)

Go further, Guys ! ;)

• Administrator
On 2/2/2018 at 12:49 AM, SPECTRUM said:

I prefer to have email notifications enabled, so I can know in real time when somebody send me a email.

Same here. I guess we are minority.

I do not exactly use the app for anything else, just checking an email quickly is quite easy in it.

Archived