Windows Live Messenger problem

sanjoa

WLM still not working. The hosts file modification worked until I restarted my PC. I'm going to put on fire my CPU.

• Replies 43
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have some of the weirdest problems...

Go to C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe... run this file and sign in with your account.. can you connect with the old school version?

Are there any programs protecting your LM Hosts file?

Like SpyBot Search and Destroy, an Anti-Virus Suite or related program?

Have you used SpyBot to scan your registry for malicious entries?

Double checked to make sure your system is clean of any malware and startup, DLL's or other entries/files?

Tried un-installing mIRC, and possibly using another client software?

Tried this fix.. http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/remove_msgrsettings.reg..

WLM is not working today. It "died". Now I got 80048820 error message and 81000306. F*** :frusty::ablow::badmood::nono::gavel::s:thumbsdown::banned::pissed:

I think you should wipe your whole drive..and re-install fresh.. You seem t be having issues like crazy.. something is maladjusted with your system, big time...and I am not just saying this because of this thread but mainly because a lot of the threads of the problems you are having.. Its almost like someone is targeting/hacking your system, and/or your connection, or you have a major infection in your system you haven't found yet...

EDIT: this can also be caused by odd program incompatibilities..believe it or not.. and they do not have to be directly related to one another..

If any of the above is true there is not going to be a proper answer to your issues and nobody here can really fix that for you, no matter how badly they would like to..Not to mention your daily computing experience using your system is going to push you over the edge and that just like feeding Road Rage.. I would say you need to start with your router and work through each device on your network.. covering each detail.. and when you make it to your PC or laptop .. You need to start fresh and go through everything, making sure that proper protection is one of the first things you do..including HIDS and HIPS or NIPS..and freaking exhale slooooowwly before you address the issue, keep a clear head because it can and will get in the way big time..

Just a thought..

First, I don't use router. I use a mobile broadband modem.

Second, I don't have any infection.

Third, I've installed Windows XP SP3 a week ago. I have a fresh install of it.

So what have you installed or done since.. any cleaning to the registry...settings changed using any 'NEW' software?

A modem has settings and firewalls and protection too.. BTW..

I want to make a point that I am not 'baggin' on you for anything.. It just seems to really be causing you a lot of problems..

Did you go through your system setting up every aspect.. and get a good security setup?

First, I don't use router. I use a mobile broadband modem.

Second, I don't have any infection.

Third, I've installed Windows XP SP3 a week ago. I have a fresh install of it.

Destroy NOD32 from your PC, kill it dead along with every other security program you installed. Do a registry cleanout if you have to.

• Administrator

Well as I noted before I had similar problems with WLM. Also same error number. Normally it got solved when I repaired the connection by WLM troubleshooter. But many times it has also happened that the problem was from ISP's side. So guess you should try to ask your ISP about it.

today, the big son of a b*** is working. I think Microsoft servers for Argentina were broken.

• Administrator

Did you tried clickin "service status" located on the downer part of WLM window. Did you tried openin WL Mail by your browser or any other?

I can check e-mails. But sometimes I cannot log in to Hotmail. Now I got again 81000306 error when trying to log in one of my accounts. The other one is working OK.

• Administrator

See as I mentioned before. Either your account has violated WL or someone is tryin to hack your account

today, the big son of a b*** is working. I think Microsoft servers for Argentina were broken.

Try pinging their server IP address, and observe if you're having a lag or connection timeout.

Archived