Windows Live Messenger problem

sanjoa

Hi guys! I've got this error message while trying to log in Windows Live Messenger: 81000306 and I can't solve it. I'm using Windows Live Messenger 14.8089.726

• Replies 43
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Well I have faced similar problems my whole life.

ANW what does connection troubleshooter in WLM says?

If it says DNS problem. Use OpenDNS.

It says everything its okay. I use a dial-up broadband based conection and OPEN DNS does not work on it.

Okay anyone who uses the Live network knows that every time they change something this starts to happen.. wait awhile and then try to start the program and log in.. You know contrary to popular belief these servers have to have maintenance too..sometimes before your system updates the DNS cache, it will do this if they have forwarded to other servers to help with load sharing..

@DKT27 I've restarted my connection twice.

@heat28tm I don't know that are you trying to say me.

• Administrator

Sometimes you need to wait a short time from when WLM is loaded to sign in.

Have you checked your proxy settings? Which firewall are you using?

Hi guys! I've got this error message while trying to log in Windows Live Messenger: 81000306 and I can't solve it. I'm using Windows Live Messenger 14.8089.726

Do you have any ESET programs installed?

• Administrator

If it gets workin again in side 24 hours of problem. Hear carefully, someone(hacker) would be usin booters on your account. Better remember to not to post your email address on any site's profile or similar, thinkin that just showin your email would harm you.

My connection to Microsoft used to turn into a pumpkin at midnight .. every night for awhile.. sometimes one account and not both. Then shortly after I get e-mail from Windows Live stating they have upgraded/updated something. I think they change things to help with vulnerabilities on the network as well as maintenance.

EDIT: You know what is weird is that I connect using MirandaIM sometimes when I can't with WLM.. and there was at one time some error where your setting in Internet Options, from the Control Panel or IE.. would change over to using a proxy when you weren't using a proxy.. This would actually kill the connection for the machine in most cases..

u may check this out My link

they're talking about ur proxy settings

and tcp

i have such a problem , and i heard so many people faced problem with the version 9+

try to un-install it and run some previous copy

goodluck

@ LeetPirate I'm using ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2.79

@ DKT27 :fear:

@ heath28m I don't use a proxy connection.

@ bashar I don't like previous versions of WLM and Microsoft is going to make everyone to update into WLM 9 because of a security problem.

That actually is my point.. the problem was the settings would change without user interaction so it might be a good thing just to check and make sure..

You know if nothing else .. you could go here.. http://miranda-im.com and install then see if you can connect using it..( Besides it will take all of your protocols in one program and offers a lot of extras, addons, and goodies that can eliminate the need for multiple programs..Really great program!

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it and nothing happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

I think is something in my computer. Because Yahoo! Messenger does not work too

Wait a few houers/days, it sometimes happens also to me! I thought its maybe my accout or my computer.. So i created a new account with my phone and tryed to login from phone! NO sucsess! After a few houers it worked again!

@ Lite I'm not using firewall and proxy.

@ BBs I'm going to hack WLM Servers if it still does not work :P:dance2:

• Administrator

Well as BBs mentioned, make an new account with totally different username and pass, and then try to log in by that account.

• Administrator

Glad you got it right. But Hosts file modification? :think:

Makes sense.. but only if something has changed it..I would back-track to the last thing(s) that were installed on your system and check to see if your not infected..

• Administrator

heath is right. You may have done some changes to the connection.

Archived