New Like/Thanks option

vitorio

I really like the new Like/Thanks options. Have more options to select with those nice icons that do not offend no one, I hope.

• Replies 31
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every one is starts following trends now days ,

So IPB adopted this trend from social media's king Facebook :)

Just now, PriSim said:

So IPB adopted this trend from social media's king Facebook :)

Thank you for pointing that out. I find those new options childish at best. And having the "like" and "thanks" now as separate options is senseless.

If you thank someone it means you also like what he contributed. And vice-versa.

4 minutes ago, PriSim said:

Facebook

Maybe we don't need to hijack the main subject to this sh*t ! :lol:

1 minute ago, Recruit said:

Maybe we don't need to hijack the main subject to this sh*t ! :lol:

You are right :) my freind

29 minutes ago, knowledge said:

can we click thanks and like ?

Why not ? Does it bite ? :lol:

This website design is a bunch of childish shit.  If you like facebook crap go on facebook.  This makes nsane look like a bunch of those pedophile sites.

knowledge-Spammer
8 hours ago, straycat19 said:

This website design is a bunch of childish shit.  If you like facebook crap go on facebook.  This makes nsane look like a bunch of those pedophile sites.

pedophile sites  how is that  ?

and what pedophile  sites u go to ?

8 minutes ago, 0bin said:
10 minutes ago, knowledge said:
30 minutes ago, straycat19 said:

pedophile sites  how is that  ?

and what pedophile  sites u go to ?

I have same question.

If one does not like something, the simple solution is to change/customize it as per one's personal taste (provided one possesses the capability.)

I didn't like the glaring, white background (and, many other things) and decided to change it, instead of whining about it. :lol:

2 hours ago, lurch234 said:

Thank you for pointing that out. I find those new options childish at best. And having the "like" and "thanks" now as separate options is senseless.

If you thank someone it means you also like what he contributed. And vice-versa.

Thanks to me is more like a courtesy for the effort. Like to me is that you agree with the information provided or also thanks for the effort.

For me both are needed. Kind of preference.

Just now, knowledge said:

u no how to make it look like matrix black and green ?

Yep, but all those fancy visuals wow you only the first time — when you try reading posts (especially the longer ones,) eye fatigue creeps in.

Mark my words — over a period of time, you'll find folks complaining about the present white background.

2 hours ago, lurch234 said:

Don't  you miss  the good old days when ip boards use too didn't  have thank you buttons and they all allowed  thank you post . The generation today sold there soul  too Facebook ,  YouTube , Twitter , etc. for a like button .    PBS even done a documentary about it called  generation like. :)

1 hour ago, 0bin said:
react_daily_exceeded

Error code: 1S136/16

Where did you find this ? IPS Knowledge Base ?

Further I cannot give any kind of reputation , I pressed on it, but it has not been recorded to the content for which I gave it...I do not receive any kind of message....:o

• Administrator

Here is the thing. We can disable all the other things and keep just the Like button and again change it to Like / Thanks - just the name not necessarily looks. But we do not believe in making way to many changes to the default looks and we think that having these things, as childish as they maybe, add to the forum experience nicely. Another thing to add is that other forums on the internet have had this from years, though, not with such images.

Also, it looks like no one can give bad reps. Like, Thanks and Haha give good reps to the member but Confused and Sad are set to be Neutral here.

All that said, as I have said before, nothing is fixed for now and it's not something we cannot revisit later, but only if required though.

We may not realize is how often we use the Like to affirm something about ourselves. In a study of more than 58,000 people who made their likes public through a Facebook app, researchers discovered that Likes could predict a number of identification traits that users had not disclosed:
“Feeding people’s “likes” into an algorithm, information hidden in the lists of favorites predicted whether someone was white or African American with 95% accuracy, whether they were a gay male with 88% accuracy, and even identified participants as a Democrat or Republican with 85% accuracy.  The ‘likes’ list predicted gender with 93% accuracy and age could be reliably determined 75% of the time.”

Also

To express virtual empathy

And sometimes we like in order to show solidarity or unity with a friend or acquaintance and their way of thinking. Social media can be a way of gaining “virtual empathy”—and that empathy can have real-world implications.

source: https://blog.bufferapp.com/psychology-of-facebook

2 hours ago, vitorio said:

What Is the meaning of it?, please.

This has more to do with Reddit and Youtube. It's a way to get prominence.

16 hours ago, 0bin said:

Other forums keep the other buttons enabled, I don't see why disable here to make difference.

Users of this site too, who do not like the other buttons need not depend upon the Admins. to disable the same — they can do it themselves.

Archived