CPU Temp

Hitman6267

• Replies 31
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yea indeed. Great link. My CPU P4 2.66 GHz is not listed there it will help a lot + for the future references.

Yea indeed. Great link. My CPU P4 2.66 GHz is not listed there it will help a lot + for the future references.
It is on page 2 of the Intel List. You probably just don't know the processor number. Check here for more details. Most likely you have a Prescott core aka Preshott or a Northwood core either way your safest bet is around 65C. My prescott core 3Ghz used to run at 50C~55C temps doing nothing at all till I changed the thermal paste to silver paste. Now it works at around 40C to 45C.

having two fans not reported doesn't mean there is something wrong.they may just be connected to the power and not monitored at all.

also ,the best tools to monitor temperatures and fan speeds i've ever used is a tool that came with my Motherboard and Everest.

I use this as a reference to the max temp for processors.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/143/5

Thanks.. My Athlon64 CPU works max. at 65-70 C :P I have 2 fans (CPU and a custom one. The northbridge one died).

• Administrator

Well it says 73-74 maybe right as even when my heatsink was not applied properly, it would max go to 70. Now with heatsink paste applied, at normal it is at 48C.

• 2 weeks later...

The best thinng that you should do is replace CPU fan and apply new termal paste to CPU. Since your computer is that old, I suppose that fans are also old. You can get some really good fans for cheap price.

Cheers ;)

Use everest as well before doing this just to confirm then you could give a report to someone here at nsane and they could give you more guidance perhaps?

Archived