2 hours ago, eurobyn said:

i recomment using this

autoclean from here

http://0ideas.xyz/clean-temporary/

it soes it s job and does it very well

forget ccleaner this is much better

Yes, very good (in sarcastic mode)

Last Update: 16/02/2013

I am going to continue using ccleaner.  I dont think avast is faulty software my mom uses it and it has gmer built-in although there aswmbr always crashes when I try to use it (if Im not mistaken gmer is built into avast antivirus and you dont need to use aswmbr to be able to use gmer integration).  There boot-time scan is very nice.  Its very possible that avast could ruin ccleaner i dont want to make negative assumptions thats what my moms side of the family is for.  If something negative does happen Ill just use the latest version that was available before avast touched it problem solved.  In the future Ill be using command line scripts to clean my computer or powershell if necessary you can find plenty in bleeping computer's forum or do your own research and find out windows cleaning commands that best suit your computer problem solved there to.

19 hours ago, Recruit said:

CCleaner will become a crap, soon ! :fist:

Never fear, it will remove itself in this case!

BleachBit is the best alternative, I feel.

13 hours ago, vissha said:

CCEnhancer devs should create their own cleaning tool soon, based on current CCleaner version and release future versions with improvements

I am pretty sure that the CCEnhancer devs already have their own tool and have had one for a really long time.

Such a bad news. :(
I really loved Piriform apps, with this happening, I should change to an alternative app.

17 hours ago, vissha said:

CCEnhancer devs should create their own cleaning tool soon, based on current CCleaner version and release future versions with improvements.

Or

Orman Kuza[AppFalcon/Revo-ex] should create a CCleaner alternative.

I'd prefer to replace " should " with " must ".
And if these guys will refuse to do what you asked them, I suggest you to talk with Kim Jong-un to kill them with mortar shells...:rofl:

just use the latest version of CC, if it becomes bloated just use that one, I did the same with utorrent, when it became bloated I used 2.2.1

1 hour ago, psyko666 said:

just use the latest version of CC, if it becomes bloated just use that one, I did the same with utorrent, when it became bloated I used 2.2.1

:uhuh:

Not the best strategy, I think , because OSs and browsers " suffers " lots of changes nowadays...

On 19/7/2017 at 3:40 PM, Petrovic said:

We will maintain the Piriform products separately from our current Avast optimization portfolio,

and Piriform customers can rest assured they will continue to get the attention and service they are used to.

What a relief. :coolwink:

its all about money. Piriform need it :) In the near future, we will see bulit-in scanner into CCleaner :P then also integrated TuneUp Optimatization. Yes it will become bloated indeed.

Others, They will put more security license 

This week, Avast confirmed their acquisition of Piriform, one of the most reputable providers of optimization software. Piriform has been around since 2004 and is responsible for the creation of a number of programs, most notably CCleaner which appears to be the main focus of the move.

CCleaner helps make PCs and smartphones faster, cleaner, and more secure by carrying out tasks such as deleting unused files, clearing cookies, and decluttering the machine of errors and corruption. This results in quicker loading times, smoother performance, and a lower risk of crashing or getting a virus.

Like Avast, Piriform specialize in free software, which users can pay to upgrade and receive more advanced features. This is a sign of quality according to Avast, who said “if you are providing a free product, you need to convince people that your product is free, but not cheap. You need to provide a pretty damn good product so people will use it and recommend it to their family and friends.”

As the two merge, hopes are high that the communities of the two programs – many members of which have been loyal customers for years or even decades – will assimilate well and bring benefits to both parties.

One reason for this optimism is the high level of similarity between the two services. Both pride themselves on their lightweight products that have long been at the forefront of their respective fields.

Die-hard CCleaner and Piriform fans may be a little concerned about what will happen to their software, but Avast have been quick to reassure customers that Piriform products will be kept separate from their own, maintaining the same level of service and the features they have become accustomed to.

This appears to refer to all Piriform products, which include RecuvaDefraggler, and Speccy in addition to CCleaner.

For Avast, there is hope that the move will allow them to expand further into the optimization field. They will continue to develop and run their own optimization software of Cleanup and AVG TuneUp alongside the Piriform products.

Another advantage of the deal is that it will bring Avast closer to the London scene, as this is where Piriform is based. Being a larger part of the formidable tech ecosphere of the UK capital looks to be a big boost for Avast (and their customers).

So what does the future hold? Right now, it’s tough to say exactly, but Avast are extremely positive about what’s to come, saying “We look forward to working with the Piriform team to continue building a strong future.”

http://www.getavast.net/news/avast-have-acquired-piriform-heres-everything-you-need-to-know

Who cares we still have such powerful cleaners some free some not.

Bleachbit

Privazer

AceUtilities

RWipeAndClean

That's what happens when you been the most installed Antivirus in the world for like 10 years and Windows Defender don't count because people who use windows 8.1 or Windows 10 it comes built in you dont really install it.. and if it didn't no one would use it.. they never did before. You get so rich you can buy everything up. Avast own Tuneup too because they own AVG now . :P

1 hour ago, steven36 said:

How does a product spy on users that don't actually need internet to work? You can just block it with a firewall ..Did you know you can block Avast from the internet and install offline updates and it will still work fine. I dont think Avast is bad they provide millions of people with a full featured Anti Malware for free.. Most any of that privacy stuff you can opt out of in the settings and any data they collect is anonymous . It is no worse than using windows itself witch made the news for collecting data  many many times in the last two years.

Avast, Kaspersky, Dr. Web steal from the user's computer literally anything they can reach. Avast does not even follow the rules of its own firewall. It already connects to its servers when even Windows is not fully booted. Enabling or disabling privacy settings in Avast does not do anything. Because it's a placebo. Selling user data is the main source of income Avast.

Use the "Wireshark", Luke. :)

PS: I completely disabled Windows 10 spying capabilities and unnecessary functional. This is not a joke or an exaggeration.

35 minutes ago, melek said:

Avast, Kaspersky, Dr. Web steal from the user's computer literally anything they can reach. Avast does not even follow the rules of its own firewall. It already connects to its servers when even Windows is not fully booted.

Use the "Wireshark", Luke. :)

PS: I completely disabled Windows 10 spying capabilities and unnecessary functional. This is not a joke or an exaggeration.

So does everything else

The United States stands as the top country which was hit by notorious traffic related to web applications. The percentage is 66% followed by Brazil & Germany with 5% and the United Kingdom at 3%.

You cant even go on the internet without someone stealing you're web traffic this is why using a good firewall and blocking even freeware is a must and what does Microsoft do they turnaround and make a OS that is full  of web apps ! And it's not always the vendors some time apps are hijacked by governments witch i'm not really concerned about this .If you done something or have something the Government wants  you have way more problems than the exploit itself and chances are you are being watched in real life too.  Companies have been collecting data for many years and the only thing you can do is try block as much as you can but you're fooling yourself if you think you can block it all . 

23 minutes ago, 0bin said:

I'm using Donald Trump Antivirus. :)

Are you sure that is a antivirus you're using and it not really a virus disguised as one? :P

Malware Alert: Donald Trump Virus Fires Your Smartphone Apps

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevemorgan/2015/10/15/malware-alert-donald-trump-virus-fires-your-smartphone-apps/#366740bb6206

@melek sounds like one of those hardcore Linux users who think the Antivirus is evil ..But the irony is hes on Windows were most everything that is not Opensource collects you're data . Many hardcore Linux users that preach Foss say Windows is a virus itself .. Maybe he should switch too Linux if hes this paranoid . :)

44 minutes ago, steven36 said:

@melek sounds like one of those hardcore Linux users who think the Antivirus is evil ..But the irony is hes on Windows were most everything that is not Opensource collects you're data . Many hardcore Linux users that preach Foss say Windows is a virus itself .. Maybe he should switch too Linux if hes this paranoid . :)

What makes you think that I do not use antivirus app? I even install it on a PC running Linux. I always laugh at the answers on the forums about the fact that Linux does not need an antivirus. I remember a few years ago in advertisements MacOS and Redhat mentioned that these systems are not affected to malware infection. Then they removed the mention of it. 70% of zombies bots involved in DDos attacks are running LInux. This is not only an IoT device, but also servers and computers of home users. If we consider the prevalence of Linux then this figure is huge.  All antivirus applications steal user data. Someone less, someone more. But in some you can disable it, and that you can not disable it can be blocked by the firewall.  Of the two evils, one always needs to choose the least. The main thing that the antivirus does not violate and does not bypass the rules of its firewall and does not contribute to this OS.

PS: If now Linux and Windows would change places it would be the end of the world.

34 minutes ago, melek said:

I even install it on a PC running Linux.

It want do much good  unless you run Linux servers that share files with Windows users ,because most Antivirus only have windows malware signatures and not Linux malware signatures.

34 minutes ago, melek said:

70% of zombies bots involved in DDos attacks are running LInux.

As far as Linux Desktop go it is only 2% of desktop users use Linux. Most Malware on Linux is found on  IOT devices ,  Linux servers and Android ..Unlike Windows Linux is in almost everything.

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/10/05/mirai-internet-of-things-malware-from-krebs-ddos-attack-goes-open-source/

The last known Event of someone putting zombie bot malware in Linux Desktop was when that hacker hacked Linux Mint and i was using Linux Mint at the time and never get infected because it never actually got in the distro it was in a tainted iso and they highjacked the iso servers and anyone could avoided it by just checking the signatures on the ISO. Many IOT devices never get updates,   Many Linux servers  stay up for months without updates and many Android devices dont get updates very often or not at all. on Linux Desktop they plug holes as soon as they find them ..You don't be waiting a year too 3mths after they find them  like on Windows . Security updates on Linux come all the time. 

1 hour ago, steven36 said:

It want do much good  unless you run Linux servers that share files with Windows users ,because most Antivirus only have windows malware signatures and not Linux malware signatures.

As far as Linux Desktop go it is only 2% of desktop users use Linux. Most Malware on Linux is found on  IOT devices ,  Linux servers and Android ..Unlike Windows Linux is in almost everything.

Since the beginning of the year, I fixed up with friends who use Linux three problems:

1: Something changed the DNS address every time after reboot.
2: The internet connection did not work.
3: Pressing the keyboard displayed a completely different symbol.

All this fixed Eset Antivirus for Linux Desktop (Bussines edition). By the way bussines edition can be used without a login and password if you change the update server to this

http://isnet.grifon.info/nod/v4/

on Linux Desktop they plug holes as soon as they find them ..You don't be waiting a year too 3mths after they find them  like on Windows . Security updates on Linux come all the time.

It is not true. Take at least a recent case with the popular vlc player.  Renowned Debian fixed the problem only after 2 weeks on stretch and 2.5 months on jessie. Let me remind you that the philosophy of Debian implies correcting any vulnerability within 48 hours. 80% of the vulnerabilities that are detected in one way or another relate to the network security of servers or his work. These vulnerabilities are found by professionals who are interested in a quick fix. Packages that use home users are almost never tested for vulnerabilities.

PS: Soon they will punish us for flooding.

Redwood City, California, July 19, 2017 – Avast, the global leader in digital security products

:rofl::rofl::rofl::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Archived