Jump to content

Welcome Piriform to Avast!


Petrovic

Recommended Posts

I am happy to announce that we have acquired Piriform. Piriform is one of the largest providers of PC and mobile optimization software in the world, founded and based in London, UK. Their flagship product is the popular CCleaner, used by 130 million people, including 15 million Android users.

 

The CCleaner brand fits very well to Avast, for various reasons. We both believe in high-quality free products. People won’t just use a product because it is free. It’s quite the opposite, if you are providing a free product, you need to convince people that your product is free, but not cheap. You need to provide a pretty damn good product so people will use it and recommend it to their family and friends. Like Avast, Piriform provides a fully functioning product for free, with some excellent premium features on top, like disk defragmenting, file recovery, and hardware inventory.

 

Thanks to the high quality of our products, we both have a very loyal community of tech-savvy users, which we have built up over many years – Avast since 1988 and Piriform since 2004. Our communities are extremely important to us. They give us feedback regarding our products and even help other users with questions. We wouldn’t be where we are today without our loyal user base. We see many commonalities and synergies between CCleaner’s community and ours that we want to leverage.

 

Moreover, both CCleaner and Avast are known for their innovative and lightweight products. Piriform’s technology and products are extremely robust. We will maintain the Piriform products separately from our current Avast optimization portfolio, and Piriform customers can rest assured they will continue to get the attention and service they are used to. Our existing performance optimization products, Avast Cleanup and AVG TuneUp, will remain available.

 

Through the acquisition of Piriform, we broaden our presence in London, which is an important hub for tech companies, bringing us even closer to the local tech scene in London.

https://blog.avast.com/welcome-piriform-to-avast

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Replies 49
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no. :o
CCleaner will become a crap, soon ! :fist:

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Phantomboxe
3 minutes ago, Recruit said:

Oh no. :o
CCleaner will become a crap, soon ! :fist:

 

2 minutes ago, VIKTOR PAVEL said:

good programs is fucked all!!!

 

Just now, dcs18 said:

Damn! A5qMhta.gif

y'all mad?! :D:D maybe its time to use Avast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Phantomboxe
21 minutes ago, 0bin said:

KCleaner

is it safe? any similar to ccleaner that you would like to recommend except Advance Systemcare. i will not use that crapware!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, Phantomboxe said:

is it safe? any similar to ccleaner that you would like to recommend except Advance Systemcare. i will not use that crapware!

i use both ccleaner and kcleaner both fine i think

Link to comment
Share on other sites


visualbuffs
4 hours ago, Petrovic said:

I am happy to announce that we have acquired Piriform. Piriform is one of the largest providers of PC and mobile optimization software in the world, founded and based in London, UK. Their flagship product is the popular CCleaner, used by 130 million people, including 15 million Android users.

 

The CCleaner brand fits very well to Avast, for various reasons. We both believe in high-quality free products. People won’t just use a product because it is free. It’s quite the opposite, if you are providing a free product, you need to convince people that your product is free, but not cheap. You need to provide a pretty damn good product so people will use it and recommend it to their family and friends. Like Avast, Piriform provides a fully functioning product for free, with some excellent premium features on top, like disk defragmenting, file recovery, and hardware inventory.

 

Thanks to the high quality of our products, we both have a very loyal community of tech-savvy users, which we have built up over many years – Avast since 1988 and Piriform since 2004. Our communities are extremely important to us. They give us feedback regarding our products and even help other users with questions. We wouldn’t be where we are today without our loyal user base. We see many commonalities and synergies between CCleaner’s community and ours that we want to leverage.

 

Moreover, both CCleaner and Avast are known for their innovative and lightweight products. Piriform’s technology and products are extremely robust. We will maintain the Piriform products separately from our current Avast optimization portfolio, and Piriform customers can rest assured they will continue to get the attention and service they are used to. Our existing performance optimization products, Avast Cleanup and AVG TuneUp, will remain available.

 

Through the acquisition of Piriform, we broaden our presence in London, which is an important hub for tech companies, bringing us even closer to the local tech scene in London.

https://blog.avast.com/welcome-piriform-to-avast

 

 

 

OH NO>>>>> ccleaner or piriform are desperate . avast is crap. ! maybe kaspersk or norton would be better to handle it. damn

4 hours ago, Phantomboxe said:

is it safe? any similar to ccleaner that you would like to recommend except Advance Systemcare. i will not use that crapware!

 

 

there's no cleaner out there better than ccleaner

4 hours ago, Phantomboxe said:

 

 

y'all mad?! :D:D maybe its time to use Avast.

 

 

time to trash my pc when i install avast haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


visualbuffs

kcleaner is good but no one can defeat ccleaner

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I clean my system using powershell scripts.  I never renewed my ccleaner license when it expired because my scripts work better.  I ought to bundle them and sell them except they are only designed to work on my systems which are setup in a non-microsoft-normal manner.

 

But I am sorry to see Piriform go, I really liked their Speccy software that I could have people run and provide the information to me without a lot of tech knowledge on their behalf.

 

Whenever AVG or Avast acquire something  you can expect the worse, including bundled crap.  RIP Piriform

Link to comment
Share on other sites


AlienForce1
7 minutes ago, straycat19 said:

Whenever AVG or Avast acquire something  you can expect the worse, including bundled crap.  RIP Piriform

 

:yes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites


R.I.P Ccleaner. Avast is already bundled with Chrome. Now they wanna add Ccleaner to the bloat. What a joke. I will stick to Privazer and Bleachbit thank you. Just as well i ditched avast ages ago

Link to comment
Share on other sites


IMO ; In comp. to PrivaZer .....other cleaners are like !nternet Exp.  in browser terms  !! :tooth: Tho Piriform had all good products which are going to lose the credibility they had !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


But whether this end of CCleaner is like what happened with TuneUp after it was purchased by AVG

Link to comment
Share on other sites


CCEnhancer devs should create their own cleaning tool soon, based on current CCleaner version and release future versions with improvements.

 

Or

 

Orman Kuza[AppFalcon/Revo-ex] should create a CCleaner alternative.

 

On the other side, let us do some review on which is better equivalent alternative: Bleachbit / KCleaner / PrivaZer ?

 

I don't suggest Glary Pro as alternate as it is bloated in comparison to CCleaner Pro and Glary Pro's cleaning not in par with CCleaner Pro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just don't get rid of your old versions.;) How long b4 we have tp pay?:rant: Wait, where am i? lol No worries. :lol:

 

I wonder how long it will take to we see avast in the about window?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...