Is this the last version of MPC-HC (Media Player Classic Home Cinema)?

Batu69

Media Player Classic Home Cinema, or short MPC-HC, is a popular open source media player for Microsoft Windows devices.

The program is available as a 32-bit and 64-bit version for Windows, and may be installed or run as a portable program.

MPC-HC is a fork of the Media Player Classic application for Windows. The player interface looks similar to that of Windows Media Player 6.4, a legacy version of the built-in media player for Windows, but similarities between the two programs end there.

You can read out initial review of Media Player Classic Home Cinema that we published in 2008 here.

Media Player Classic Home Cinema is a full blown media player. It plays virtually any media format out of the box, but lacks some of the advanced features that popular media players such as VLC offer.

Is this the last version of MPC-HC?

mpc hc

The developer of Media Player Classic Home Cinema released a new version of the player yesterday. MPC-HC version 1.7.13 introduces new features and changes to the program. The program requires a CPU with SSE2 support for instance now, and several of the libraries and filters were updated.

The announcement on the official website of the project suggests that it may be very well the end of it. The main reason for that is that development contributions have reached a new low, as the developer count has reached zero.

While the project maintainer has hope that developers will reach out to him to continue development of Media Player Classic Home Cinema, it seems that the project will be abandoned if that does not happen.

This, unfortunately, means that the project is officially dead and this release would be the last one.

…Unless some people step up that is.

So, if someone’s willing to really contribute and has C/C++ experience, let me know on IRC or via e-mail.

Otherwise, all things come to an end and life goes on. It’s been a nice journey and I’m personally pretty overwhelmed having to write this post.

Please note that the decision won't affect the second high profile fork of Media Player Classic, Media Player Classic Black Edition.

Closing Words

It is always disappointing from the point of view of a user if a popular highly respected application is abandoned. While there is still hope that new developer blood will revive the project, it seems very likely at this point in time that MPC-HC is dead. (via Deskmodder)

Article source

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all hope it will be continued , for the time being ; its stil working very good..................:D !

Atleast it made an impact and inspired others to follow :clap: ; like the ones rolling out MPC:BE !!

It was my default player for years until I found out about  BE !! B)

8 hours ago, psyko666 said:

Yep like it says, quicker on old hardware but if you have new hardware you can use any of the commercial media players that run circles around these freebies.  I like J River Media Center for most things, but also use AVID to watch movies on the larger computer monitors and TVs.  Though AVID is primarily for composing and editing it is a great video playback system.

I wonder which player K-Lite Codec Pack would use when MPC-HC development has come to an end? KLCP has moved to MPC-HC after the development of original MPC ended so I guess MPC-BE is the next one?

But it's good if MPC-HC is still alive

The future of MPC-HC

During the release of 1.7.13 an announcement was made, that it might be the last official release due to a lack of developers. Since then, several people have contacted the project admin (XhmikosR) with the offer to help. So the project is still alive. Basic maintenance tasks (like updating external components such as LAV Filters) are covered. Ideally we would like to get some actual real development action going too. So we need new and more developers.

What we would like to have right now is a list of important bugs, so we have something tangible that (potential) newcomers can focus on.

We also want to make a list a feature requests for new functionality that could be added. Preferably things that are easy to implement!!!

Everyone please share your thoughts.

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174738

MPC-HC 1.7.13.1 Build 2017-07-17

https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1812598&postcount=3137

MPC-HC and  MPC-BE  use F1 and F2 keys for subtitle delay. But my laptop has these keys commited for sound. is there a solution?

19 minutes ago, mrpink said:

MPC-HC and  MPC-BE  use F1 and F2 keys for subtitle delay. But my laptop has these keys commited for sound. is there a solution?

Just navigate to the option illustrated below (MPC-BE) and double-click the existing hotkey and then use the key-press of your choice that you want to set:—

wQa9oze.png

14 hours ago, tomm said:

I wonder which player K-Lite Codec Pack would use when MPC-HC development has come to an end? KLCP has moved to MPC-HC after the development of original MPC ended so I guess MPC-BE is the next one?

But it's good if MPC-HC is still alive

Eh, it's not like it will become instantly unusable. I think they'll stick with MPC-HC unless it has critical bugs or something that force them to change the player.

Winamp has been dead for years now but it still works nicely. Moreover MPC-HC is/was a big opensource project. I'm quite optimistic that at some point someone will eventually pick it up and continue the development.

• Administrator

This player has showed the world how functionality matters more than the looks, atleast where such softwares are concerned though.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not the last of it  noway some have stepped  up too the plate  to save it.

More Info

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174738

MPC-HC  1.7.13.60 Nightly 2017-07-30

https://nightly.mpc-hc.org/

12 minutes ago, kevinzou said:

MPC is a very good app, if it is the last,it's a pity.

They dont release betas too a dead project bro

minaust

...and we have a now nightly, 1.7.13.60. which is buildable with Visual Studio 2015. A new nightly alone is good news, but make sure you read compilation.md first. A completely new build of GCC is involved.

GTPVHD

https://github.com/mpc-hc/mpc-hc/commit/c04cff832a7aa4f705e4bd7a56f158e7144ea817

Windows XP no longer supported, 1.7.13 will be the last version to support XP.

http://forum.doom9.net/showthread.php?s=bc15e1e07038f95d67f291539e3b6134&p=1813856#post1813856

http://forum.doom9.net/showthread.php?s=bc15e1e07038f95d67f291539e3b6134&p=1813857#post1813857

1comfmonec390a5.png

Archived