Microsoft Windows 10 Search not working

Ha91

Hey guys, I am relatively new to this forum and I would like to post my first topic at the discussion chapter.

I have recently started to experience that my windows 10 start menu search is not working. It is also not working with Cortana. The search does, but eventually ends up with nothing and keeps in the loop.

I have tried doing whatever windows forums have suggested and reseting fresh windows installation as well, but to no avail.

Can anyone of you help me with this?

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been having issues all over the place since the latest update, mainly explorer constantly crashing. having removed the update everything is back to normal, well still broken, but usable

see if any updates have been installed around the time of the noticing the issues

1 hour ago, Ha91 said:

Hey guys, I am relatively new to this forum and I would like to post my first topic at the discussion chapter.

I have recently started to experience that my windows 10 start menu search is not working. It is also not working with Cortana. The search does, but eventually ends up with nothing and keeps in the loop.

I have tried doing whatever windows forums have suggested and reseting fresh windows installation as well, but to no avail.

Can anyone of you help me with this?

17 minutes ago, sefton22 said:

I've been having issues all over the place since the latest update, mainly explorer constantly crashing. having removed the update everything is back to normal, well still broken, but usable

see if any updates have been installed around the time of the noticing the issues

just use this: http://aka.ms/windowsselfhealing

7 hours ago, sefton22 said:

Yeah probably, because I keep my system totally up-to-date.

7 hours ago, SPECTRUM said:

just use this: http://aka.ms/windowsselfhealing

I'll try that and keep you updated.

• Administrator

Or this, if that does not work for you there.

Everything stops working in win 10 eventually. :rofl::tehe:

You can try to run a PowerShell command to reregister Cortana.

In a PowerShell window (run under the administrator context), run the following command: Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

maybe it solves the problem.

1. Kill Explorer via Task Manager.

2. Delete this registry key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderTypes\{ef87b4cb-f2ce-4785-8658-4ca6c63e38c6}\TopViews\{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

3. Start process Explorer.exe via Task Manager.

4. Restart Windows.

4. Enjoy the search.

Archived