Nyaa is down....permanently.

nIGHT

Too Long?

Read the last sentence then!

On 5/15/2017 at 3:30 AM, DKT27 said:

I respectfully disagree. I rarely watch it but I do know there are different genres targeted at different age group and gender in it, things like shonen, seinen, shojo, josei and such. There is something for everyone. Just because it's animated does not mean it's for kids, infact, some of the things kids watch are not even fit for them.

I must mention something can be said for cartoons as well, from what I know, some of the best cartoons ever made were originally targeted at adults, released in theaters, which later reached the children to the home and such.

23 hours ago, 0bin said:

Come on, some works are form of art, 宮崎 駿 works is not only for childrens, some of his production also told about climate change,

18 hours ago, teodz1984 said:

Non sequitur
So Marvel Movies and Disney features are for kids because they came from animation or comics?

Hide contents

BTW Ecchi is not for kids try viewing Valkyrie Drive ,  Seikon no Qwaser  or  Sin Nanatsu no Taizai :)

The post above really makes a lot of  points. Just like comics (manga in Japan), you might think it is for kids. Let's consider DC comics and Marvel comics, a lot of big budget movies are now based from those characters and stories. They have to change the story a little for whatever their reasons were. From iron man, spiderman, thor to avengers, from superman, batman, green lantern wonder woman (coming soon) , flash (coming soon), aquaman (coming soon) to justice league, Judge Dredd, punisher, beowulf (origin English epic poem?) etc, are all have been inspired by comics. They made it into animated first since the movie tech/special effects and actors can't even portray the story and characters in it. It took a long time before it can be made into a "live action" (into a movie were real people act as the character). You probably watched their "live action" movies cheerfuly.

In my country, like Japan, we have our comics too. But unlike US DC comics and Marvel comics, we only have 3 for kids out of about 70+ comics subscription. Per comics subscription contains about more than five to ten stories series. Yeah, just like watching a TV series Games of Thrones on HBO which is precede and followed by some one time movie story and later another TV series like Westworld then True Blood. But most of it contains stories in series. We got drama, love story, horror, fantasy, sci-fi, story based on true-to-life and adult xxx confession/stories. Except the adult stories which we know explicitly contains nudity, sex and stuff, our "NORMAL comics" also contains those nudity, violence, rape, torture, gore, and many more.  We got gore genre like blood, parts being dismembered and being cook to get eaten or eaten raw while you read that comics when eating your breakfast, YUCK! right? Minced murder to chop-chops we got it based in real life too. Well, the gore genre is just subtlety mixed with the other genre without giving you a heads up. Our horror mostly will contain torture, rape and gore like a Corpse Party and Genocyber type anime.

I will not elaborate how far "gross" is being taken on our comics or how cruel or perverse they became (rape stuff were actually dramatized to the point like watching slow-mo movies) but I don't think they could ever made into live action movies.I hope not! Since even in comics it is enough to puke your guts or get disgusted on human nature. The biggest difference in US comics and Japan manga to our comics is ours story does not make the protagonist always wins. Sometimes evil wins and sometimes no one wins. It may not make sense to you but just think that the main key point is sometimes to deliver the message "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" or evil just wins no matter what since most lack faith or stupid/ignorant. We even have that fucked up story were the protagonist actually didn't know he died already but you won't notice it too and it was told a decade before six sense movie came out, but of course they got a different plot and there is no antagonist just drama in life. Then time passed, our comics industry died. Unlike Japan were they able to get hold of their market, ours just died in replacement of tv series mostly dramas and action/drama.

I found out that Japan writers were similar to our own writers here. They don't like pretensions and superficial stories. They like to twist stories and love to kill characters you love which is akin to real life when the one you like most always happens to be the one who dies. They like to use wits and wisdom than just riches, power, tech and leverage. For that, Japan writers are probably the best in the world! I salute you!

Now let's get back to Japan's anime, they got a lot of talented story tellers there and usually express it first in the form of manga (Japanese comic). Then when they gain a fanbase, it is made into anime and sometimes "live action" movies, just like in USA DC and Marvel comics too. But unlike the US, Japan's manga and anime target a huge genre and most of them are not for kids and not for the "weak stomach". Parents in the USA will have their worst nightmare if ever Deadman Wonderland Tokyo Ghoul, Elfien Lied, Parasyte (both "live action" and anime good) or Genocyber will be shown to their kids who are on their 30's. LOL! If these are shown with censorship then you better not watch it as you will not feel the story. 70% of the story will be cut out! In other words, Japan's manga and anime are not for little kids. They are mostly made for really mature intelligent adults.

Here's some key points in the form of questions and answer template.

Why do I read manga/watch anime?

I learned a lot from them like I said above "life skills".

If you just want to learn "life skills" why read/watch gore/rape/violent genre?

I actually able to use it in real life as I'm always involved in trouble. There was a time I got pinned down to the ground by four opponents. One who is smaller tried to choke me. Since I know from real-life story  of serial killers/murderers (some were just real-life story like depression, failures and failed love story no killings) that their first kill is the longest thing they'd done and it took them a long time to strangle someone on their first try, I knew I had a chance. I used whatever I got to free myself from their grasp, before the big one can think of strangling me then I would have a lesser chance to survive. Another is rape lesson. I told most of my friends that are girls, as part of their defense and survival skills, that if ever someone tried to rape them and that guy is still a virgin or have no idea about a woman's sexual anatomy then they might not know where to insert it. Few months later, real life story, in newspaper, that a man tried to rape a girl for three hours, failed a lot  and still didn't know where to insert his thing! LOL! Our comics even teaches you to violently blind your enemy using your fingers in a hysterical manner. LOL! Violent genre will teach you that some are "explicit" in showing their anger, emotions, rage and intent but be careful of those "implicit" ones. They are those who will betray you when you turn your back or when he befriended you and gained your trust. I saw most of these qualities also in Japanese manga/anime with a little different twist and plot and I like it too!

If you want "life skills" then go out and experience life yourself, be sociable and adventurous. right?

Well, I'm sociable only when I need too. I'm the doer type, very adventurous and risk-taking type but only after I have considered a lot of things and gather knowledge about it, calculate and analyze it and the consequences with it when things go wrong. I learned some of these "knowledge" (like being street smart, survival mode) and the consequences that accompany them. Experience and wisdom being passed down thru stories are one of  the most valuable gift as it saves you time and it saves you from danger, ignorance and sometimes stupidity. Showing humility and having patience rather than rage and intolerance (Avatar), learn how to convince people on their terms (Re:Zero) and learn what/who's your dealing with(Log Horizon/Re:Zero) can be a tool to use to convinced people here, but I'm wrong right? There's this one developer, who got his software cracked. He tried to issue multiple updates as the cracks gets updated too. Until he gave up looking for solutions, humbled himself and asked the cracker that he was beaten and surrender to his great cracking skill. The "cracker" showed sympathy on him and told him he will no longer crack his software. Just like playing Pai Sho, it didn't matter if you win/lose, the important thing is you are able to talk with them and maybe you gain a friend. Happy ending for that developer! Now where did that happen? Hmm... the internet of course! lol!

There you go. You don't need to watch it <- The real main point!

• Replies 35
  • Views 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, 0bin said:

Who was that developer?

If you keep digging in the archives of the internet then maybe you will find him and that thread where the discussion happened.

What forum did that happened?

Answer Somewhere in the internet? Maybe.

Or worst, it's just a fictitious story. :lmao:

55 minutes ago, 0bin said:

Is an anime about cracking?

Nope. I'm talking about the lesson you could learn from anime can be used when being in such dilemma or an unbeatable foe.

If you want to learn cracking then their are other sites dedicated for it.

I just gave an example of how you can use gained "wisdom" from watching anime.

I could use another example/story that has nothing to do with cracking but I will need to use different "lessons" that I gained from watching anime.

Another anime lesson (Avatar: Legend of Korra): "Your enemy sometimes becomes your friend" lesson.

Exact wordings "Iroh:Their relationship started a little rocky... they become lifelong friends."

Example: Watch movie "Catch me if you can". Based on true life.

• Administrator
On 15/5/2017 at 7:04 AM, teodz1984 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Without getting too personal against anyone's views, there is also an genre in it which, ahem, is made only for adults, but best not specifically mention it here. :P

I'll be honest, one thing I like in Japanese anime than USA catoons (DC and Marvel), are the fanservice and OVA.

Not only it is funny and entertaining, it takes the bore out of you when you get serious in watching it.

4 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Without getting too personal against anyone's views, there is also an genre in it which, ahem, is made only for adults, but best not specifically mention it here. :P

Well Ecchi I is LEWD yet can be watchable by younger generation (ex Dragon Ball, FairyTail - as long as they stick to the anime, not the manga version)  but the other genre, H. isn't :)

• 3 months later...
Wilson Drake

While NYAA anime website may be gone, the users are provided with an opportunity to explore various other potential sources that could replace NYAA. Kodi anime add-ons may seem an appropriate option for anime fans where they could stream and download various anime content.

Few alternatives to Nyaa are 

• Anime Tosho
  • Shana Project
  • AcgnX Torrent

More are available https://www.kodivpn.co/nyaa-alternatives/

And few best Add-ons for anime which I use on my Kodi Box

• Kiss Anime
  • Animego
  • Animehere
  • Anime-IPTV

ACGNX.png

• 2 years later...
On 8/18/2017 at 8:07 AM, Wilson Drake said:

anime

never cared for it, I know many people do tho...for those of you who enjoy anime I ask :wtf:

No disrespect intended at all...just never "got it".

It does suck that sites go down that offer many people what they want!

Archived