Nyaa is down....permanently.

nIGHT

(The saddest day of the saddest nIGHT)

Nyaa is down

Nyaa’s website is down since May 1, 2017. The whois records of Nyaa.se, Nyaa.eu and other Nyaa domains state the domains are deactivated. The anime torrent site shut down without an official statement about what happend to the site and it’s domain names. Later the site’s staff confirmed via IRC that the owner took it down voluntarily. Torrent users who can’t access the anime site discuss if Nyaa will return any time soon. Meanwhile many Nyaa se users are looking for Nyaa alternatives and join anime torrent sites like BakaBT, HorribleSubs and Tokyo Toshokan. HorribleSubs recommends to use magnet links for all Nyaa torrents.

The domains Nyaa.se and Nyaa.eu don’t have name servers set and do not point to a website at the moment.

Nyaa alternative sites:

Nyaa replacement / mirror:

• nyaa.pantsu.cat
    (Nyaa replacement /mirror by former NyaaTorrents moderation staff)
  • AcgnX Torrent
    (full Nyaa archive without Sukebei torrents)
  • nyaa.rip
    (mirror of NyaaTorrents with own tracker)

Nyaa Sukebei alternatives (hentai/JAV, h-games):

• Oppaitime (private torrent tracker)
  • JAVjunkies
  • OneJAV

Nyaa Sukebei mirror:

• Nyaa Pantsu Sukebei
    (Sukebei mirror with databases up to 2016)
  • sukebei.nyaa.rip
    (mirror of Sukebei with own torrent tracker)

An announcement of NyaaTorrents mods reads:

On May 1, 2017, NyaaTorrents officially ceased operations.
At time of this writing, nothing remains of the site. These are actions taken by the owner of the site and not a result of some form of internal subversion or engagement by government or legal entities.
The exact reasons for shutdown remain a mystery to all but the anonymous owner, but remaining former NT associates are led to believe that based on the circumstances surrounding closure, it was in response to recent court rulings that had the potential to affect site operations in the future. Rather than face this possibility, and any repercussions it would have on all parties involved, the owner decided to bring everything to a complete end. Based on operating principles, nothing will remain of the original site and all content, to include back-end, front-end, and all databases, has likely been purged.

There are no plans to continue any activity under the NyaaTorrents banner.
Any projects that occur from here on out are not associated with the original site.

The above serves as an official statement by what remains of the site.
Further questions can be directed via IRC to those remaining in #NyaaTorrents on irc.rizon.net.

– The (former) NyaaTorrents moderation staff

More information on Nyaa’s ceased operations: Nyaa’s wiki article.

(updated on May 8, 2017)

NyaaTorrents (down) is a BitTorrent community focused on Eastern Asian media including anime, manga, literature and music. Nyaa Anime is one of the largest public anime-dedicated torrent indexes.

On 1 May 2017, their .se, .eu and .org domain names were deactivated, with the site's staff later confirming via IRC that the owner took it down voluntarily.[4][5] The exact reason for this is unknown, though many believe it is due to a recent ruling by the European Court of Justice that criminalizes linking to pirated content.

Source

Nyaa’s wiki article

• Replies 35
  • Views 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anime Torrent Site NYAA Goes Down After Domain Name Deactivation (Updated)

News

Popular anime torrent site NYAA has lost control over several of its domain names, which were deactivated a few hours ago. As a result, the site has become unreachable. The domain status suggests that the responsible registries intervened, but it could also be that the owner is responsible for the drastic action.

anime-pirate.jpgNYAA is heralded as one of the top sources for anime content and has an audience of millions of regular users.

The site has operated for years without any significant trouble. However, a few hours ago it suddenly became unreachable due to a worrying domain name issue.

The NYAA.se domain was updated with the infamous “serverhold” status (see update below) which suggests that the responsible registry interfered. The status has been used in the past when domain names have been flagged due to copyright issues and stripped of their DNS entries.

“This status code is set by your domain’s Registry Operator. Your domain is not activated in the DNS,” ICANN writes.

As a result of the issue, NYAA is no longer accessible from its .SE domain. TorrentFreak reached out to the responsible registry for a comment, but at the time of writing we haven’t heard back.

nyaa.png

If the registry is indeed involved, then there must be some sort of legal authority backing the request. The .SE domain registry previously stated that it will not suspend any domain names unless there is a court order.

“We believe that the judicial authorities should determine whether or not it is appropriate to take action against a particular domain name registrant. Unless we have been ordered to do so, there is a risk that we could call the validity of the legal process into question by taking action before a ruling is passed,” Punkt SE said.

Thus far it’s unclear on what grounds the domain was deactivated. A copyright complaint is one of the possibilities, but this hasn’t been confirmed. The same is true for a manual removal by the owner (see update).

Whatever the reason for the deactivation, there’s still hope for the site’s users. In theory, the NYAA team could return online if they setup an alternative domain. That is, if the domain name deactivation is the only issue they are facing at the moment, which remains to be seen.

If more information becomes available on NYAA’s domain name troubles we will update this article accordingly.

Update: The NYAAtorrents.org and NYAA.eu domains are also deactivated now.

Update: There are several people suggesting that the domain names were taken down by the owner. The org domain also has a “pendingDelete,” which could back this up. When a domain is deleted before the expiry date it could trigger a “serverhold” status, which is generally set by the registry.

There are also some screenshots in circulation that would back this up. However, TorrentFreak hasn’t been able to verify these.

We can only speculate, but given that the domains were registered through different companies, manual removal by the owner would be a plausible explanation at this point. The article was updated to reflect this option.

Update: TorrentFreak heard from several people, including site moderators and other people close to the site, that NYAA’s owner decided to close the site voluntarity. In other words, this likely means the end.

Source

https://i.imgur.com/IqgNk8o.png

Official Nyaapocalypse FAQ

LINKS FOR THE REPLACEMENT/MIRROR
Nyaa - nyaa.pantsu.cat
Sukebei - sukebei.pantsu.cat
Russian Mirror - https://nyaarchive.moe
Fork - https://nyoo.moe/
Mirror - http://nyaa.girlish.moe

WHAT HAPPENED?
- nyaa.se and associated domains (such nyaatorrents.info) went offline on May 01, 2017.
- They were deactivated, so it's not a DDoS attack like usual.
- Future prospects for nyaa are not looking good. (It's dead confirmed).
- There is a recovery effort taking place.

IS EVERYTHING LOST?
In short, No.

ARE SOME THINGS LOST?
We have a database of the torrents on nyaa up to the fall. That means almost nothing is lost on that front. Sukebei's DB is recovered, sans JAV.

HOW ARE WE RECOVERING?
The aforementioned databases are being hosted at nyaa.pantsu.cat and sukebei.pantsu.cat. There is a search function, and (almost) full nyaa functionality should be coming soon. Seeder/leecher statistics are possible via scraping and might be restored sometime in the future, since other feature take priority right now.

WAIT. IF THE TRACKER IS DOWN, HOW ARE THE TORRENTS STILL WORKING?
Even if the trackers are down, seeders are still connected to the decentralized DHT network. As long as the file is listed on the DHT network, business should carry on as usual.

HOW DO I USE THESE TORRENTS?
Just use the magnet link. The magnet link will used by your BitTorrent client to look up the file on the DHT network and it should download just fine. If your magnet link starts with "magnet:magnet:", delete the first "magnet:". It should look like:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:[hash]&dn=[name]&tr=[tracker]&tr=[...]

I WANT TO ADD TRACKERS, WHICH ONES?
udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969
udp://zer0day.to:1337/announce
udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969
udp://explodie.org:6969
udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337
udp://tracker.internetwarriors.net:1337/announce
udp://eddie4.nl:6969/announce
http://mgtracker.org:6969/announce
http://tracker.baka-sub.cf/announce

HOW CAN I HELP?
If you have website development expertise, you can join the #nyaapantsu IRC channel on irc.rizon.net. If you have any current databases, UPLOAD THEM.

https://pastebin.com/Gq9MrJN5

Source update 12 hour ago

• Administrator

In recent times, there has been a lot of efforts to get our beloved kawaii animated sites or downloads removed from the internet. This not just effects one type of media but all type of it.

Akaneharuka
6 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

not watching anime makes your day the saddest? 

I something like ,you have the thing that you love but something happen and that thing make you never saw the thing that you love again.

for me I live in Japan and I can easy found the anime that I like in any shop near my home in very cheap price

you know what ? Sometime I can buy the new Manga book that very new in second hand shop for only 1 Jpy  1¥

but for another people that not live in Japan

it very hard for them to search for the newly anime to watch or even they decided to buy it , that will become in expensive price.

2 hours ago, Akaneharuka said:

I something like ,you have the thing that you love but something happen and that thing make you never saw the thing that you love again.

for me I live in Japan and I can easy found the anime that I like in any shop near my home in very cheap price

you know what ? Sometime I can buy the new Manga book that very new in second hand shop for only 1 Jpy  1¥

it very hard for them to search for the newly anime to watch or even they decided to buy it , that will become in expensive price.

well for guys in my age it's kinda ridiculous to still watch anime, idk about night's age tho. when I watched some episodes I couldn't tell what language they're talking in. I don't think it was Japanese cuz Ive heard Japanese. but in anime it was more like bla bla bla blah

Nyaa.si - our new home for our torrents

As you might've noticed, the torrent links are working again for newer stuff. We'll be using nyaa.si as our official replacement. You can find our page here. They seem to have recovered a lot of the torrents from nyaa.se, which is excellent if you want to find older stuff. It also seems like it's being actively worked on. We'll be reaching out to them to get our older torrents restored.

Why not the other ones? I have my concerns about the longevity and leadership of other alternatives like pantsu and anidex. As a few of my peers have warned me, racism seems to also be a concern (though I have no idea how racism is linked to an anime tracker) and we'd like to distance ourselves away from such drama

Source horriblesubs.info  when i visit the new domain it has torrents from today they seem to be back up for now

Akaneharuka

That website nyaa.si and nyaa.pantsu is not the same site :/

they fight each other to get more customer.

3 minutes ago, Akaneharuka said:

That website nyaa.si and nyaa.pantsu is not the same site :/

they fight each other to get more customer.

Well  horriblesubs. is going use that site I never watch Anime in my life  when we was growing up it was called cartoons witch i stop watching when I was a teen lol long before I knew what the internet was so i dont care but there is still plenty to download even one scene group does it   .

you can use Youtube.com as a temporary workaround. like this Yu-Gi-Oh episode 59.

and this channel, just subscribe to them

5 hours ago, saeed_dc said:

not watching anime makes your day the saddest? 

She @Akaneharuka explains it very well.

5 hours ago, Akaneharuka said:

I often found that most people who watches a lot of anime are more knowledgeable and have more "wisdom" in "life skills".

Why is that? Most anime stories are full of ideas, emotions and life lessons that somehow akin to real life.

If you can't relate maybe it's the genre or the story itself is not for you.

One of my brother was like you, a long time ago, he couldn't relate why I watch these anime.

Then, after asking him to try to watch some anime of different genre, he got addicted to Naruto and death note. lol.

He watched it with our mother, can you imagine that?

This is just random suggestion and the simple ones.

If you're full of hatred or wanted to change the world then I will recommend Death Note, Avatar or Avatar:The Legend of Korra.

If you're in love or did love then watch Midori Days or Mirai Nikki/Future Diary.

If you feel you want to be in another world then try Accel World, SAO (Sword Arts Online) or Log Horizon.

If you are the kind of often making mistakes then Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World.

Or, just try any anime genre (comedy, horror, thriller, mystery, sci-fi) maybe you find something that is for you.

52 minutes ago, teodz1984 said:

OTAKU
or
NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training".)?

I'm just a simple anime fan. ;)

Well there is something on MAL or ANIDB that may suit the taste of viewers...

and even wikipedia has good info about them

There are a lot of translated mangas to read.. 

and tons of animes to watch

• Administrator
20 hours ago, nIGHT said:

Explained so nicely man, so much truth in it.

5 hours ago, virge said:

Anime is for children, time to grow up folks.

I respectfully disagree. I rarely watch it but I do know there are different genres targeted at different age group and gender in it, things like shonen, seinen, shojo, josei and such. There is something for everyone. Just because it's animated does not mean it's for kids, infact, some of the things kids watch are not even fit for them.

I must mention something can be said for cartoons as well, from what I know, some of the best cartoons ever made were originally targeted at adults, released in theaters, which later reached the children to the home and such.

Akaneharuka
5 hours ago, virge said:

Anime is for children, time to grow up folks.

In Japan even working person sometime there still watching anime. And we have a lot of Anime event here.

Btw sometime my father still watch anime.

SnakeMasteR

Never heard of it before, i'm sorry, is it something in Asia dedicated to Anime, similar to what Waffles is dedicated to Music for the (german) market?

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, n0_risk! said:

Never heard of it before, i'm sorry, is it something in Asia dedicated to Anime, similar to what Waffles is dedicated to Music for the (german) market?

From what I can remember, yes I think so.

Saying anime is for kids is like saying South Park or Archer is for kids because they are animated,

but don't stress weebs, there are many that like to joke this way about anime, until they watch some ;)

Anime is for children, time to grow up folks

Non sequitur
So Marvel Movies and Disney features are for kids because they came from animation or comics?

Spoiler

BTW Ecchi is not for kids try viewing Valkyrie Drive ,  Seikon no Qwaser  or  Sin Nanatsu no Taizai :)

Archived