RevolutionTT Open Signups August 28th-30th

Rock Lee

o03p6t.jpg

RevolutionTT Goodwill Weekend IV

Friday August 28th through Sunday August 30th 2009

We would like to welcome a new influx of sensational members like yourselves, so please tell your friends and help us spread the word.

The Goodwill Weekends have been a glowing success in the past and we hope Goodwill Weekend IV will build upon that wonderful foundation.

Personal Note: Meh, I think the site is very overrated but for those of you who wanted to get in, here's your chance. It's not a bad tracker but it isn't as good as people say it is. But why listen to me? Sign up & find out for yourself ;)

• Replies 39
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've been a member for years and i think it's pretty good. definitely worth it if you want to break free of the public sector's nonsense and have never tried a private tracker before.

This is the best private tracker i've been on, the layout is great, the support is good and most importantly the content and seeders are excellent.

This is the best private tracker i've been on, the layout is great, the support is good and most importantly the content and seeders are excellent.

You're entitled to your own opinion & I respect it. BUT you need to join a few more private trackers :P

In my opinion RevTT is far from the best. But we may have a different definition for best so I won't say what I think is 'best'.

I started to post about why the links not working and then I realized it is not the 28th..

:lol: Check the calendar & hold back your excitement ;)

RevTT is a pretty good private tracker.

If you need a good 0day tracker which isn't that hard to seed on RevTT is a good choice.

TL surpasses RevTT though, AND it is way easier to get an invite for TL.

How exactly does one keep a good ratio? I always leave things to seed after they finish but they never upload and I end up getting low ratio. Not a member of this tracker or anything, just in general this happens no matter which tracker I join. What is the secret to getting the files to seed?

How exactly does one keep a good ratio? I always leave things to seed after they finish but they never upload and I end up getting low ratio. Not a member of this tracker or anything, just in general this happens no matter which tracker I join. What is the secret to getting the files to seed?

IMO, a large disk 300gb minimum, downloading as many freeleeches as possible, and keeping them seeding for at least a month. I went from a 1.4 to 2 ratio in a few weeks. By the way my internet is only 10mb. Hope this helps. :dance2:

IMO, a large disk 300gb minimum, downloading as many freeleeches as possible, and keeping them seeding for at least a month. I went from a 1.4 to 2 ratio in a few weeks. By the way my internet is only 10mb. Hope this helps. :dance2:

I have only 3mb for download and 256kb for upload......... i want to kill my self

hang.gif

• Administrator

Easiest thing would be like download a single torrent and seed it till you ratio get till 2. Or what Biz does, never use a ratio site. Nor do use a single torrent site. Just google it and download it. ;)

Rocky

It's My time to welcome the RevTT world

Just in time when i got my Seedbox

i will make the hell of there

Waiting

What's the secret? I'll tell you but in a PM :sneaky:

Seriously, the real thing that people have a hard time grasping is the concept of popularity. If you download a torrent that has very few leechers (people downloading it) then the chances are it won't be a popular torrent. You can only seed if there's leechers. It's also a good plan to go into utorrent & make sure that seeding tasks are of higher priority than downloading tasks. With this enabled, your download speed isn't the greatest but seeding becomes slightly easier.

Back onto the popularity element. You need to make a buffer (make a huge ratio) by downloading files that are in freeleech (files that don't count toward your download stats) before you should start to download regularly. Once you do that, you need to make sure that the torrents you download are going to be popular, even if you don't use them. Sounds like a waste of disk space huh? Well if you care about your ratio and not so much about disk space (why should I worry. I've got 320g with only about 20 getting used :P) then this will help.

I bet you're asking yourself how the hell do I do that? It's all down to names. Jump on recently released movies, some pron & whatever else has lots of leechers. Warning: Do not jump on packs! They're a well known ratio killer. You may say to yourself that it has a lot of leechers so seeding will be easy...wrong! Packs aren't archived so downloaders can choose what they want. Chances are they didn't choose the same thing you did so you can't seed. I learned this the hard way, you shouldn't.

If you need more info just ask. I don't wanna get too extensive here. Any questions I'm a click away ;)

Rocky

It's My time to welcome the RevTT world

Just in time when i got my Seedbox

i will make the hell of there

Waiting

Bash

Good to see you're moving up the ranks ^_^

You should be a power user in no time.

Just make sure you don't rub people the wrong way.

Some good tips there Rock. I am already downloading files I won't use, recently released ones like Wolfenstein 2009 game and some movies, even new albums. I will set the priority on the uploads to high. How to tell which files are in free leech status though?

Some good tips there Rock. I am already downloading files I won't use, recently released ones like Wolfenstein 2009 game and some movies, even new albums. I will set the priority on the uploads to high. How to tell which files are in free leech status though?

This all depends on the tracker's layout. Some sites use icons to signify freeleech. Some like ScL have [FL] next to torrents to signify freeleech (hence the F & L). Other torrent sites could use the entire word freeleech in the torrent discription or name.

RevTT doesn't have an entire section dedicated to freeleech to my knowledge so finding them won't be a piece of cake. At ScL they have a "Depot" section where eveything is in freeleech. Other sites may have these too.

Just look around, read the FAQ & you should sniff out the freeleech downloads.

Once again though be aware of leechers. Even if you download a torrent, you can't seed it unless someone else downloads it. You can't build a buffer without any leechers ;)

LOL. I sorted the list by leechers and I am not downloading at 1.2MB/s and uploading at 20 lousy kB/s. I did some looking and a guide I saw suggested to disable DHT and Peer Exchange so I did that. Now I am going to cap the DL speed on those files before the finish too fast.

rock lee is the site down?

• Administrator

@Leet: This what demoniod says - If your client supports DHT and it is enabled any data transfered via these means will not count toward your ratio.

rock lee is the site down?

Not here. If you have an account you can access it. If not you have to wait 3 more days :P

@Leet: This what demoniod says - If your client supports DHT and it is enabled any data transfered via these means will not count toward your ratio.
I'm only now paying attention to these things, I never read any before because honestly pirate bay was my #1 source for torrents. I had only 1 private tracker membership because at the time it was the first one to get a copy of devil may cry 4 and I wanted that game really bad so I joined. I had a great ratio back then, forgot to park my account and it got deleted. LOL. I followed the guides and disabled DHT and Peer Exchange and the torrents are maxing, total down speeds of 1.4 Mega Bytes per sec and stuff and the dumb upload is 0.4KB/s :(. I dunno what else to do, lol. When I cap the down speed to a slow rate it stops uploading alltogether. I even sorted the list of new releases by leachers and picked files with least seeders and max leechers and still. I will keep trying and if they ban me again then screw it, lol.

• Administrator

You can seed after you download it. Check the utorrent's config. Believe me keep your connection to full about 100mbit/s if you wanna seed well. Even I didn't use any ratio based sites before. And mininova and TPB were my favorites. But now the TPB has gone and mininova is not on the full I'm on demonoid most of the time.

I'm only now paying attention to these things, I never read any before because honestly pirate bay was my #1 source for torrents. I had only 1 private tracker membership because at the time it was the first one to get a copy of devil may cry 4 and I wanted that game really bad so I joined. I had a great ratio back then, forgot to park my account and it got deleted. LOL. I followed the guides and disabled DHT and Peer Exchange and the torrents are maxing, total down speeds of 1.4 Mega Bytes per sec and stuff and the dumb upload is 0.4KB/s :(. I dunno what else to do, lol. When I cap the down speed to a slow rate it stops uploading alltogether. I even sorted the list of new releases by leachers and picked files with least seeders and max leechers and still. I will keep trying and if they ban me again then screw it, lol.

Did you open the ports for utorrent in the firewall and router?

Eneble UPNP port mapping..

Force the encription in utorrent...

Protocol_Encryption.png

On guys don't worry I have figured out the truth about that useless torrent tracker I was a member of. Their trick is to never allow you to seed anything then force you to pay to get your ratio up else they disable your account. After realising that every single other torrent on my list of 40+ currently could seed at max speed without any problem except for the ones from this lame private tracker I realised what their game was.

Don't worry all the settings were fine to begin with, I re-enabled DHT and Peer Exchange because those are useful features for trackerless torrents or ones with offline trackers. Private torrent files have the private flag enabled in the file itself and uTorrent automatically disables DHT and Peer Exchange for private torrents so there is no need to do it globally. All ports were always forwarded correctly the manual way; I don't like to use UPnP because it hogs router memory and resources but that's another story and I don't want to really go off topic. Protocol Encryption was always enabled as well. Nothing was ever wrong with my setup, it was those scamps at that useless tracker I was at called ilovetorrents.com. Screw them it's their loss cuz I am a good seeder, I will join this RevTT one when the time comes. :)

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions ;). I will see how RevTT goes!

On guys don't worry I have figured out the truth about that useless torrent tracker I was a member of. Their trick is to never allow you to seed anything then force you to pay to get your ratio up else they disable your account. After realising that every single other torrent on my list of 40+ currently could seed at max speed without any problem except for the ones from this lame private tracker I realised what their game was.

What tracker was this if you don't mind saying?

I recommend TL over revTT. I'm not sure if you got an invite when they were giving them out in the IRC but if you didn't just ask around. You'll find one eventually.

RevTT mostly has pre's on pron & large movies first. I'm not sure of your downloading habits so I can't say whether or not you'll use revTT when you get there. Only way to find that out is if you join...

Good luck ;)

• Administrator

What would you say is the most used ratio based torrent site after demonoid? Atleast not like demonoid that doesn't count your ratio after you have changed you IP.

Archived