jalaffa

• Replies 210
  • Views 39.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@knowledge as promised. Happy Weekend .

Here:

MALWAREBYTES TOOL 2016  or  MB3 TOOLBOX v3.0

- Activates 2.2.1 and updatable to latest version MB3.0x, retaining premium license. ( Install MB 2.2, Then do activation)

- Pre-Activates MB 3.0 and fixes id keys in MB3.0 ( Run Toolbox first, Then install MB3.0)

- Contains 20 custom keys compatible with MB3.0

- Can import your own 2.2 custom registration file using CUSTOM KEY selection

- Updated Host information

- Updated FW block information

- Some additional MB settings

Image:

Snap3.jpg

VirusTotal: 5/57 
hXXps://www.virustotal.com/en/file/598c6a5feeab60059a90cba2adeffd2a5f0a376ce289ed85b2e1fe0e313565df/analysis/1482030722/
Note:  There is no virus here.

How to use the ToolBox?
Before using the toolbox, things you need to know.
Please always disable temporarily self-protection module to avoid error using it, otherwise you will get 'ACCESS DENIED' error.

1. Register a key by selecting which key you want.  If you select CUSTOM key , prepare your own previous registration key file (3/4kb) before hand.
2. Click Activate MB  button. You will be asked which version you are patching ( 3 or 2.2). Follow instructions there. ( For MB3, allow it to finish the installation and loaded completely --> Disable self protection module temporarily before going to #3, otherwise you will have unexpected error)
3. To finish the process, click clean MB3 button ( for MB3 only) . In MB 2.2 you dont need to click clean MB3.
4.  Configure settings and add host exclusion to your MB manually for host blocking method.

Optional buttons:
1. Disable Host :  removes host settings but installs FW setting if you have windows firewall ON. Otherwise you need to manually configure your 3rd party FW (Block outbound) .  To see FW settings go to Firewall Info for 3rd party FW.
2. Disable Firewall: removes firewall settings but reinstall host settings back.
3. Firewall Information :  some info on firewall
4. Settings Info:  ( optional) things which might want to try out.

How to fix update MB database?

if you receive an error for the first time, update server error in updating. Hope this help

1. Check Network connection. if ok

2. Restart PC after patching and check about section.  You may want to click the current link in update  if it does not show an error again , it is ok.

Usually updates of database are  every pc restarts and  randomly depending on your setting config.

Note:  Sorry , I did not include the MB Lic Key Changer for 2.2 which is compatible when fixing and re-activating the keys to be use for mbam 3.0.  Its a biggie file .

D/L Link:
Site: https://www.solidfiles.com
Sharecode[?]: /v/Bz7gK3nWkx4yN
pass:101

Thanks and appreciation in ABOUT section of the toolbox.
Enjoy!

didn't works for me. This is the 2nd fix that hasn't worked for me now and add/remove just gave me the spinning hour glass...Thank God for image programs. Each time after same error came up(don't remember it) I continued and it appeared to activate until you try to update the database and it says you have no internet.I did the reccommended fix to reboot computer...Doesn't work....Back to version 2.

37 minutes ago, uffbros said:

didn't works for me. This is the 2nd fix that hasn't worked for me now and add/remove just gave me the spinning hour glass...Thank God for image programs. Each time after same error came up(don't remember it) I continued and it appeared to activate until you try to update the database and it says you have no internet.I did the reccommended fix to reboot computer...Doesn't work....Back to version 2.

Sorry to hear that.  Anyway , your in version 2.2.1 right? Its activated? 

If you are then its easy to activate it if you have not done so. 

For v2.2.1 already installed and activated.  You don't need to use the toolbox anymore.   By using your own activated file from 2.2, you only have to do the following. 

1. Open MBAM 2.2 and disable temporarily self-protection module. Close MBAM.exe and MBAMService.exe  from task manager. You can enable it later.  Do the host block method which is easier. Then just  add host settings earlier in exception list of the program. 

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

2. Then do host blocking method.:   if you have not done so. ( The idea here is to block the license key server check during upgrade, so make sure your host file is functional, otherwise, you wont get the premium upgrade)

- Also note if you are using 2.16 premium version where license.conf is 2kb,  you cannot upgrade to premium 3.04

0.0.0.0 telemetry.malwarebytes.com

0.0.0.0 keystone.mwbsys.com

save it , some make it read only, others they leave it as it is

3.  Install MB 3.04.  all your data settings will be carried over to MB3.

4. Restart PC 

@uffbros ... so you activated it MB3.04 but updates are not functioning even after PC Restart?

1. Try clicking Updates : Current section 2 to 3x  , does the line runs continuously or does it immediately prompt you the unable to access dialog prompt?

I will post a video later in using the toolbox and to let you see that updates work.  I already tested this in my workplace which is on Windows 7 and  at home ( Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 ( one is v1607 anniversary edition )  .  

Even the FWB method is fine...   am converting them using FWB rather than host block... still updates are fine.

5 hours ago, sledge101 said:

@uffbros ... so you activated it MB3.04 but updates are not functioning even after PC Restart?

1. Try clicking Updates : Current section 2 to 3x  , does the line runs continuously or does it immediately prompt you the unable to access dialog prompt?

Yes when I clicked updates it says I don't have internet connection....But I do.

3 hours ago, uffbros said:

Yes when I clicked updates it says I don't have internet connection....But I do.

ok uufbros, hmmm if you are still up to it,  can you try to do a total clean install of mbam from scratch ? Maybe this will help you out.

0. Remove all host patches and fwb. Make sure you backup your activated license file for 2.2 or better use other activated license file ~3/4kb ( You dont need to turn off internet connection)

1. Uninstall MBAM completely using windows uinstall program. Delete all referance directories from progrmadata, program files X86 and program files . I used Revo for that .

2.  After that run mbam cleaner from devs , restart PC when asked

3. After that Use CCleaner to remove MB registry traces

4. We will be using this one. Install MB 2.2.1, Disable self protection module,  close mbam.exe and mbamsevice.exe  while internet connection is ON.

5. Apply your activated license file (3/4kb) and do host blocking. Save file

6.  Open MB 2.2.1 and do a host exclusion list,  adjust settings and check the program updates by clicking the button update, do a quick scan -->  theres a fix button there try clicking it ; if program updates are working and updating +  Premium is Active in 2.2.1  Then do the upgrade to mb 3.( Make sure the self protection module is temporarily off)

7. To upgrade to mb3,  just close mbam tray icon or mbam.exe on taskbar, double check if its really close on taskbar while internet connection is ON, then upgrade to mb 3.0.  Wait for MB3  to finish and completely loaded.

8. Once loaded, open MB3  , do not restart pc yet,  if you open and it says downloading on dashboard then its fine, if its not try clicking the dashboard --> updates --> current. (If you get the first time unable to access update server dialog, repeat it if it passes thru) , if not Then Try to do a pc restart and repeat the process again, if you click the update section in the dashboard and there is a continuous line running then goes back to current then thats fine... you might want to check/verify in the about section  from time to time.

Update me of the results mate.

Good luck

knowledge-Spammer
1 hour ago, sledge101 said:

ok @knowledge.

just tested on mbam-setup-2.2.1.1043

and works fine on that version then i hostblocked

and installed newer version on top all is fine

video of test seems fine  for me no problems

sorry video not the best as its 2am now i wanted sleep talk soon

2 hours ago, knowledge said:

sledge101

just tested on mbam-setup-2.2.1.1043

and works fine on that version then i hostblocked

and installed newer version on top all is fine

video of test seems fine  for me no problems

sorry video not the best as its 2am now i wanted sleep talk soon

its ok mate.  btw, you double host blocked it  in 2.2.1 :)

Once you activate mb and select v2, open the program and check for premium subscription, you can set up the settings especially host exclusion list if you like there.  After finishing the settings setup in 2.2, you can closed mbam 2.2.  Then  You just install mb3 on top of it. No need to run hostblockmod.cmd again.

When mb3 premium is confirmed, that's the way to do it --always check current updates when line is continuous  and checking , updates ok.  For the off section of protection, just start it in the tabs.. it will say starting status  no need to worry as it will be enabled eventually esp when doing next pc restart.

Hmmm, you seem to extract all the juices in the program, wouldn't it cost you your memory? havent check it so far,  tell me how the memory consumption is if all slots are enabled. ?

The settings info button guide drops my memory consumption dramatically...  so response of the program is fast especially booting. Nevertheless, if you feel comfortble with that.. its ok mate.

Ok here. Hopefully this will give the others.

Videos consists of 3 parts:

1.  MB Uninstallation.video

HERE

2.  Uninstallation After PC Restart - Cleaning left overs

HERE

3. Using MB3 to pre-activate MB3

HERE

Note:  you will see that if you dont disable self protection module and close mbam tray icon as well as mbamservice.exe, you will have access denied error. ( See video 3)

4.  MB2.2 is posted by knowledge already.

I read MB3 is buggy ... should i install it by now or should i stay with version 2 till shit get fixed ?

40 minutes ago, demoneye said:

I read MB3 is buggy ... should i install it by now or should i stay with version 2 till shit get fixed ?

Honestly, demoneye....  2.2.1 ...stick for now...  hopefully the devs will have to fix those issues. 

Sorry some may disagree but just my opinion.:P

Issues that still linger:

1. They still cannot solved the  windows defender issue.  If i enable it,  sometimes they still caused conflict. If i disable it, then windows will report as no antivirus . Too erratic despite restarting pc...

-  In MB forum.org,   they say to allow all mb3.exes ( How many are they, way too many) in windows defender settings... .

2.  Memory consumption  better compared to previous beta but still.... not really impressed. To conserve memory consumption, you need to disable some few settings in MB3 ( Check the settings info in toolbox ). Its like you reduplicate the settings in 2.2.1.... Enabling it seems to pump up all my memory resources too high despite a 16MB RAM

3. Notification bug, hate this one. up to now they did not solve it, sometimes it stops and sometimes it recur.  As if they do not work synchronously... I'm suspecting this is due to the license checking every pc restart which takes time a minute or 2.. but not yet confirmed though.

Your choice mate.

9 minutes ago, sledge101 said:

Honestly, demoneye....  2.2.1 ...stick for now...  hopefully the devs will have to fix those issues. 

Sorry some may disagree but just my opinion.:P

Issues that still linger:

1. They still cannot solved the  windows defender issue.  If i enable it,  sometimes they still caused conflict. If i disable it, then windows will report as no antivirus . Too erratic despite restarting pc...

-  In MB forum.org,   they say to allow all mb3.exes ( How many are they, way too many) in windows defender settings... .

2.  Memory consumption  better compared to previous beta but still.... not really impressed. To conserve memory consumption, you need to disable some few settings in MB3 ( Check the settings info in toolbox ). Its like you reduplicate the settings in 2.2.1.... Enabling it seems to pump up all my memory resources too high despite a 16MB RAM

3. Notification bug, hate this one. up to now they did not solve it, sometimes it stops and sometimes it recur.  As if they do not work synchronously... I'm suspecting this is due to the license checking every pc restart which takes time a minute or 2.. but not yet confirmed though.

Your choice mate.

Hammm.... that more than enough to stick to 2.21....thank you mate for the deep explanation :)

54 minutes ago, demoneye said:

My personal opinion is, you don't need or want either.

But, you may not want to hear that. Cheers!

1 hour ago, Stig said:

My personal opinion is, you don't need or want either.

But, you may not want to hear that. Cheers!

Yep...  at the end of the road it all depends on the users choice...  some may install it or not. :)

17 minutes ago, The Hidden 2000 said:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium 3.Xx Patch by slogutis - AoRE

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode[?]: /files/6466084/Malwarebytes_Premium_3.Xx_Patch.rar.html

Not Tested

Thanks hidden....  but tried it and reverted first the program to FREE or TRIAL version in Windows 10 X64 then  as per  instruction applied the patch in program directory ... Not working mate in my end,  nevertheless thanks.

Copied back the  License config folder , dynconfig.dat, mbdigsig.dat, prot.mbdb and dbmanifest.dat and went back to PREMIUM.

Ok friends , this program is updated to the 3.0.5.1299 version...............:rolleyes:  ( this evening/today)

On 14/12/2016 at 5:42 PM, zmeul85 said:

I wish to do the host blocking 

In  "Add Exclusion Wizad"  I don't have access to "Specify a File or Folder" (for example C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts).

or whether I try to select  folder "etc" or file "hosts", they doesn't appear.

Any solution? Thx

Easy way for me is using Dism++

Malwarebytes 3.0.5.1299 

Performance / Protective Capability:
•   Added signature-less anti-exploit and anti-ransomware protection (Premium only)
•   Up to 4x faster scan speeds, including even quicker Hyper Scans
•   Removed non-essential reboots after certain malware removal events 
•   Advanced Heuristic Engine (Shuriken) now enabled by default
•   Self-Protection now enabled by default (Premium only)

Usability:
•   Redesigned user interface for improved usability
•   Now configurable to integrate with Windows Action Center / Windows Security Center (Premium only) 
•   Update checks are done automatically so they do not need to be scheduled 
•   Improved support for keyboard navigation and screen readers

Stability / Issues Fixed:
•   Fixed installer error that displayed 'External exception E06D7363'
•   Fixed issue where updates would get stuck in 'Checking' state
•   Fixed slow shutdown issue that could occur in Windows 7 with Malware Protection enabled
•   Fixed conflict with Kaspersky that would not allow browsers to open properly
•   Improved upgrade experience when installing over a previous version of the Malwarebytes anti-exploit technology
•   Added ability to lock down My Account screen via User Access Policy
•   Added ability to collect enhanced logs when directed to do so by Support
•   Fixed issue where Scheduler did not adjust for Daylight Saving Time changes
•   Fixed issue where Scheduler defaulted to hourly Threat Scan instead of Daily
•   Fixed issue where Chameleon reported error messages numerous times to Windows Event Viewer
•   Changed 'Recover if missed by' setting in Scheduler to Off by default 
•   Prevented rootkit scanning in Custom Scans if full system drive is not selected
•   Updated to latest version of 7-Zip DLL 
•   Addressed many other miscellaneous defects

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3/

9 hours ago, Pete 12 said:

Ok friends , this program is updated to the 3.0.5.1299 version...............:rolleyes:  ( this evening/today)

ok, some feedback on the latest version 3.05.

-  Successfully updated on top of v 3.04 and direct install using preactivation method using the toolbox 3.0x.  Updates are ok. and fine.

-  no error conflicts so far in windows defender + mb integration.

- booting times , better than the previous one.

- memory consumption during when not in scanning mode is 15-17%, and scanning mode is 20-25%   , this is better in comparison with the previous version which gets me 35-40%(scanning mode)

NOTE: .  I read in some thread that updates are not working in latest version.  I tried to add cdn.mwbsys.com to host and found out that program just runs continuously then stop and updates says its not updated --> so its not updating in latest database version ( about section ) even PC restart 2X  no luck - updates fail.  So, I then removed the cdn.mwbsys.com from host, and updates are downloading now,  even after pc restart.   I concluded that cdn.mwbsys.com is responsible for the update behavior.

Despite without cdn.mwbsys.com,  license holds.

So were still ok with the toolbox v3.0x

20 minutes ago, sledge101 said:

cdn.mwbsys.com,

that is a proxy for the update server is all  i can block  it  and allow data-cdn.mbamupdates  in my firewall and it updates without hiding behind a proxy lol. also www.malwarebytes.com is hiding behind that proxy lol .I dont what site the activation  sever is so  that could put behind different proxy if they wanted  . They have right many proxies .

Archived