Kaspersky IS 2010 is blocking my download in W Vista&7

Anas

could the router have some thing do to with this ?

• Replies 51
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
karachidude

1 thing more ur connection provider might have put a restriction on ur downloads,they can do that.check with them too.

i can download now but it happen suddenly

karachidude

Another connection provider problem then.anyways happy downloading :)

but if restart the downloading is back

Another connection provider problem then.anyways happy downloading :)

How can u be sure..

Might lowering the security level of KIS have any effect..

Remember Lowering the level brings risks!

karachidude

if u can download for a short while after every restart,then its probably not the ISP restricting u problem.

no its not, it could take a day after a restart to be blocked

if u can download for a short while after every restart,then its probably not the ISP restricting u problem.

And that means u didn't read the posts.. He said clearly that after the Restart he could download.. Why then post this if you allready concluded that the problem lies @ the ISP.. :)

No offense, but don't give false hope :P

Are you downloading with your browsers or is this being tested in another program, like for example are judging this by your ability to download torrents?

Are yo using a proxie of any kind?

Have you tried another DNS server?

Are you downloading with your browsers or is this being tested in another program, like for example are judging this by your ability to download torrents?

Are yo using a proxie of any kind?

Have you tried another DNS server?

Smart comment.. try OpenDNS: https://www.opendns.com/start/computer/

hope it'll help

i don't use proxies nor dsn, but actually i don't remember if torrents are affected by this, i will make sure, and ill post back

Oh and one more thing I had to come back and add...

When I first upgraded to ESS4.. There were some new options, for protecting your connection..( IDS and advanced options > Intrusion Detection ) Also in this area I just noticed a spot to allow for bridge connections to connect.. useful if you use VirtualBox or have a bridged connection .. uhh hmm..LOL

Of which ARP poisoning, and DNS poisoning protection would knock my connection out after being fine for awhile.. AND it would come back after awhile...and it was odd.. this was because of the packets sent back and forth between my DNS server..and my computer. You have to watch these sort of things within your settings. I had to try each one until I found it, and to find out which ones I could use with my type of connection. I also switch the DNS server over in my router, as instructed at OpenDNS.com.. I have been using it since before that, in fact a year or two, but they offer several settings that can help in protection in this area as well.

IF you have such an area in your KIS ( Kapersky ) settings, please check it out.

EDIT: LOL.. I remember this being one of those problems that set me back a couple of days, I even re-installed my old version of ESET...Quite frustrating...The weird clue seemed to be that it was at timed intervals which were concurrent with my PG2 log, it showed me polling to my DNS at the same time my Internet went on the fritz.

I am sorry for not mentioning it sooner.. :)

i did the DNS, and i am testing it, will post back.

karachidude

DNS(Domain Name Sever) is a directory service for mapping to web addresses.i doubt it has anything to do with ur downloads.open DNS may give u security feature or two though.

they suggested it, and i am willing to try any thing

karachidude

are u using other security and or IP filtering programs along with KIS

on my desktop i got k9 web protection along with kis, on my laptop just kis

karachidude

try a registry cleaner.uniblue registry booster is very gud

update ur drivers(network driver) using the uniblue driver scanner or drive checker

This seems indeed a strange problem.

1. Is the problem the same for your laptop and pc?

It might be a bad update released by Kaspersky, I remember when I had Zonealarm that this happened. You should try this: Uninstall Kaspersky. Reinstall it but do NOT UPDATE THE VIRUS DEFINITIONS, now try to browse. It should work, but when you update Kaspersky, it should then stop working because of the bad update again. :rolleyes:

I suggest getting Norton Internet Security 2010 beta, which gives you 14 days trial. During these 14 days hopefully Kaspersky will issue a fix and you can install it once again (after uninstalling Norton). :dance2:

This seems indeed a strange problem.

1. Is the problem the same for your laptop and pc?

It might be a bad update released by Kaspersky, I remember when I had Zonealarm that this happened. You should try this: Uninstall Kaspersky. Reinstall it but do NOT UPDATE THE VIRUS DEFINITIONS, now try to browse. It should work, but when you update Kaspersky, it should then stop working because of the bad update again. :rolleyes:

I suggest getting Norton Internet Security 2010 beta, which gives you 14 days trial. During these 14 days hopefully Kaspersky will issue a fix and you can install it once again (after uninstalling Norton). :dance2:

yes it's on both, but i don't think its a definition problem because i googled it but found nothing, and i tried DNS(no luck).

ps:i am now sure 100% that kis is the problem, a couple of hours ago i couldn't download so i turned off kaspersky and i got my download back(without restarting)

• Administrator

Indeed it is a kaspersky problem.

I say it again, this site is famous for it's ESET fixes so why not try it?

karachidude

@Anas

in ur post earlier(#6) u wrote disabling KIS doesnt work.Anyways good for u

Archived