[Solved] Many sites r not opening, not even google

truemate

On 7/20/2016 at 7:16 PM, truemate said:

WTF, is this happening...

i have not installed anything from week... just done 3 days back an window update < micro windows malicious removal tool>,use wise disk cleaner,wise registry cleaner,IDM Patch and that portable WinASO Registry Optimizer 5.2.0 of baltagy. < i feel/doubt on these wise products>

Re-install windows then.

Browsers are fine. The problem is antivirus certificate.

Just install the certificate manually in browser and it will be fine.

Kaspersky also has this problem because it dont import certifcate automatically to modern browsers. You must add it manually.

• Replies 70
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey friends....Thursday only i able to solved this prob.. and yes you all are RIGHT this the prob----> ESS 9

This Crap Eset suddenly blocked mostly all sites.... Me using/update to this new v9 from more then a month...till now there was no prob..but suddenly all these thing " ssl filtering " started.

2 days i was without eset (clean uninstall> wooo pc was so smooth,fast even firefox was working in full speed without eating to much of memory.

even no adblock plus addon....

well tday i install ess9 again..to give it a try.

and  yea same old prob.....

On 7/20/2016 at 10:59 PM, LeetPirate said:

As others have mentioned, the problem is ESET, when you enable SSL scanning it tries to inject a root certificate into your browsers, sometimes it fails and you have to first export the certificate from ESET then manually import into the browser. Follow these steps and see if they work for you. http://support.eset.com/kb3126/?&page=content&id=SOLN3126&viewlocale=en_US

I try this , but still not able to open the sites...

On 7/21/2016 at 8:21 PM, macnavarra said:

had the same problem I had to choose between eset ssl filtering and adguard ssl filtering I have opted for adguard ssl filtering by enabling adguard ssl filtering and disabled eset ssl filtering the eset version doesn't play any role for that matter.

you means it safe to disable this option !

note- me not using any other security prog,beside eset

On 7/21/2016 at 2:28 AM, SandStone said:

These things of certificates was happening also for me on old Mozilla trying to adding extension on a clean installation, after what I saw yesterday, an entire program hash modified, of a trust program, he losts my trust. Also on mobile devices. I solved disabling SSL stuff and then re-enabling at that time. But was bad experience :/

disabling worked for me..but when re-enabled it same prob

On 7/21/2016 at 6:49 PM, LOQUILLO said:

Hi @truemateif you has installed ESET Smart Security v9, then it's the origin for alls this problems, I have had this same issue, then uninstalled Smart Security, deleted registers, NOD32 folders, temps files and voila, now alls is working very good, I prefer ESET SS v8, its much better and less intrusive with browsers configs.

i think you right, ess v8 dont have these type of prob only v9 is messing with browsers

so mostly everyone who using essv9 faced this problem.....

On 7/21/2016 at 1:22 AM, pedro7769 said:

I had exactly the same thing the other day, my network connections were open dns so I reset those to automatic and even though my date and time was correct, I changed them and then changed them back, opened up firefox and everything was working again 

Give it a try, trust me. 

its already in auto mode .. prob is ant-virus

On 7/20/2016 at 11:20 PM, knowledge said:

u use adguard or addon

but i think  eset  is not good program and maybe  a cleaner program played up little thing aswell

edit in firefox  how is your settings

use about:config in firefox

and look for ssl3 see if is true or not

only eset i use...

and that abot:config everything is true..

btw i uninstall firefox completely.. boot the pc and installed it again.

CAN SOME ONE SAY ME HOW TO GET RID OF FROM THIS "SLL FILTERING" SITE BLOCKED BY ESSv9 OR SHOULD I KICK ESS and jump back to v8 .. as this stupid filtering even blocking google search results... SHAME ON ESET.

even zenmate browser addon vpn not working because of this reason but when disabled ssl filtering in eset everything works fine..

19 minutes ago, pedro7769 said:

Ive never used ESET but still had the problem, did you try my suggestion?

Pedro

yes done it.. by default its auto only

2016-07-23_215640.png

even changed the time.... no difference

29 minutes ago, TheMountain said:

Have you used 'System Restore' to fix your internet problems?

sys restore is off  :/

If the ESET CA certificate is present in your browser, del it and try manually importing the ESET certificate into your firefox, that should fix it.

Location: about:preferences#advanced >>> authorities.(in this tab, find the ESET cerificate, if it's not present just import it.)

@truemate

try Pathping whit different sites that don't respond to find out it is a ISP ore a computer problem

PathPing

The PathPing tool is a route tracing tool that combines features of Ping and Tracert with additional information that neither of those tools provides. PathPing sends packets to each router on the way to a final destination over a period of time, and then computes results based on the packets returned from each hop. Since PathPing shows the degree of packet loss at any given router or link, you can pinpoint which routers or links might be causing network problems. A number of switches are available, as shown in Table 3.9.

I recommend that everyone should disable ESET SSL/TLS filtering. The way ESET SSL filtering works is they inject their own root certificate authority into your browser which intercepts ALL your precious secure data and passwords etc. So think about it this way, you go to check your gmail and there is a SSL connection between your browser and Google servers so the channel is secure right? Well ESET jabs their root certificate in the middle of that secure connection so it decodes the SSL data and reads it to scan for malware then encodes it and sends it to your browser and your browser is none the wiser because the green lock icon is working due to the injected root certificate.

So all your data are belong to ESET. This is called a "man in the middle" malware attack, yup that's correct your favourite neighbourhood antivirus does exactly the same thing malware would do to intercept your secure connection. ESET breaks the entire purpose of SSL/TLS by their implementation of SSL filtering.

I'm using ESET with SSL on with no problem, just make sure when you install ESET you have all browsers is closed

Also Scanning SSL is recommended for sure and about security i think not only ESET know what you doing your open book now lol

I also have this option disabled in ESS 9 ... but randomly ever so often this happens.....NOT JUST here lately.... Could it be Adguard SSL Filtering and would disabling it be advised ( the SSL part )

• Administrator

The basic idea here being that secure sites do not necessarily need to be scanned. So, no need to enable it.

5 hours ago, BALTAGY said:

I'm using ESET with SSL on with no problem, just make sure when you install ESET you have all browsers is closed

Also Scanning SSL is recommended for sure and about security i think not only ESET know what you doing your open book now lol

same here on all my machines and no problems whatsoever.

Only IE and Mozilla Thunderbird are monitored by eset and they both work. Palemoon is excluded from filtering by ESS. If you want to exclude browsers just remove them from the list

18 hours ago, Ice Frog said:

If the ESET CA certificate is present in your browser, del it and try manually importing the ESET certificate into your firefox, that should fix it.

Location: about:preferences#advanced >>> authorities.(in this tab, find the ESET cerificate, if it's not present just import it.)

import it from where ??

btw, its already there...

5 hours ago, Skunk1966 said:

same here on all my machines and no problems whatsoever.

Only IE and Mozilla Thunderbird are monitored by eset and they both work. Palemoon is excluded from filtering by ESS.

If you want to exclude browsers just remove them from the list

How to exclude browsers ?

and only ie & mozilla are monitored .....not others.. strange !

are you sure opera not in that scan list.. i was using opera dev portable.. even in it sites was not opening.

And i just downloaded Palemoon portable.. Strange but palemoon opening all sites : d

10 hours ago, BALTAGY said:

when installing eset not just browser even all open files/folders was closed.

This SSL filtering even not opening ur blog .. baltagy1.blogspot .. "Secure Connection Failed" lol

14 hours ago, waledakmal said:

Here . disable and enable to Back to work again

done this 2 times.. it wont work...

it may be worked for some pc and for some,, not.

every computer is unique. : D

========================================================

15 hours ago, LeetPirate said:

I recommend that everyone should disable ESET SSL/TLS filtering. The way ESET SSL filtering works is they inject their own root certificate authority into your browser which intercepts ALL your precious secure data and passwords etc. So think about it this way, you go to check your gmail and there is a SSL connection between your browser and Google servers so the channel is secure right? Well ESET jabs their root certificate in the middle of that secure connection so it decodes the SSL data and reads it to scan for malware then encodes it and sends it to your browser and your browser is none the wiser because the green lock icon is working due to the injected root certificate.

So all your data are belong to ESET. This is called a "man in the middle" malware attack, yup that's correct your favourite neighbourhood antivirus does exactly the same thing malware would do to intercept your secure connection. ESET breaks the entire purpose of SSL/TLS by their implementation of SSL filtering.

15 hours ago, HX1 said:

I also have this option disabled in ESS 9 ... but randomly ever so often this happens.....NOT JUST here lately.... Could it be Adguard SSL Filtering and would disabling it be advised ( the SSL part )

14 hours ago, DKT27 said:

The basic idea here being that secure sites do not necessarily need to be scanned. So, no need to enable it.

hmmm, So should i go for Disabling this SSL filtering.. as i try everything nothing working out.

or go back to eset v8

Do ess v8 dont do these type of ssl filtering ? .. if yes then why there no complain/prob regarding v8 then comparing to v9.. i google and find many people facing this.

7 minutes ago, truemate said:

done this 2 times.. it wont work...

it may be worked for some pc and for some,, not.

========================================================

hmmm, So should i go for Disabling this SSL filtering.. as i try everything nothing working out.

or go back to eset v8

Do ess v8 dont do these type of ssl filtering ? .. if yes then why there no complain/prob regarding v8 then comparing to v9.. i google and find many people facing this.

In v8 SSL is disabled by defaults, open NOD then press F5 then Web And Email then SSL/TLS and open List of SSL/TLS Filtered Applications and post the image here

Also see if it's on Automatic Mode or not

24 minutes ago, BALTAGY said:

In v8 SSL is disabled by defaults, open NOD then press F5 then Web And Email then SSL/TLS and open List of SSL/TLS Filtered Applications and post the image here

Also see if it's on Automatic Mode or not

ohh so in v8 by default its disabled.. Greaaaaat

Now abt that ssl thing...

yes its on automatic mode.....

2016-07-24_164412.png

1 minute ago, TheMountain said:

Maybe the simplest solution is uninstalling ESET. :idea:

oh yea Mountain Dew.......... :drunk:
or y not just disabled ssl

12 hours ago, LeetPirate said:

Is this true for Kaspersky ? So we are not secure after all lol.

Boot ur windows in safe mode with networking (AV gets disabled). then check you are able to open sites.

Even u can try booting ur pc with Bootsuite (Bootable ISO).

If its working then remove and reinstall AV.

If not reinstall ur windows..&lt;_&lt;

20 hours ago, rajeesh said:

Boot ur windows in safe mode with networking (AV gets disabled). then check you are able to open sites.

Even u can try booting ur pc with Bootsuite (Bootable ISO).

If its working then remove and reinstall AV.

If not reinstall ur windows..&lt;_&lt;

rajeesh babu, i already done all this..

as i told i removed ess completely.. then able to open all sites.. but when i re-install it yesterday same thing started.

and now when i disabled>>> list of know certificates >> edit >> chosen firefox to option Ignore.

Then normal everything

1.png1

and note - me not using any other security app,addon .. only ess v9

well guys,i just google and found something on eset forum

ditto me facing same problem.....

https://forum.eset.com/topic/6698-eset-9-blocking-some-sites-including-http-sites-firefox/

https://forum.eset.com/topic/6579-https-scanner-completely-blocking-access-to-https-sites/

nothing is been solved yet

Archived