Black screen on Boot

Toshiro

There is no sound-blaster or any internal speaker on your PC? It is very important if you take it like that. As demonon mentioned it signifies many errors.

Anyway don't forget to update us after the BIOS thing.

Don't worry, i'll update you guys. It's just, if i want to see the black screen I have to shut down my pc for ~3 hours. And I kinda need it now. :P

I'll update you this night, cuz I have to go to the gym in about 2/3 hours. :lol:

• Replies 43
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

So. How much you can lift? :P

The beeps are not produced by a speaker of any kind, every mobo just has them.

Sometimes they even beep when an error is produced while you are using windows/whatever.

The beeps are not produced by a speaker of any kind, every mobo just has them.

Sometimes they even beep when an error is produced while you are using windows/whatever.

Well I never heard any beeps @ this pc. My dad's pc also doesn't beep.

• Administrator

You are wrong demonon. Every PC or atleast some PC has small internal speaker that beeps. Mobo cannot beep by itself.

You are wrong demonon. Every PC or atleast some PC has small internal speaker that beeps. Mobo cannot beep by itself.

• Administrator

I just searched google and I found that the mobo maybe faulty. Replace it with a new one or go to a mobo repairing expert.

This is what I found after reading many pages and this thread fully - http://www.driverheaven.net/motherboards-n...own-screen.html

So is your problem similar to this.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nope, my pc doesn't shut down.. And it doesn't beep cuz it doesn't has a speaker installed in the mobo. :)

When I came back from the gym, I could boot normal >> Legacy did something. I'll test it again tomorrow when I wake up :lol:

----

Gonna try a Hard Reset today:

You can also try a hard reset. Unplug the PSU from the wall receptacle and remove CMOS battery, then press the power button on the case for 10 seconds. Replace battery and power cord and see if anything has changed.

• Administrator

I think that is only for resetting the BIOS.

Nope, my pc doesn't shut down.. And it doesn't beep cuz it doesn't has a speaker installed in the mobo. :)

When I came back from the gym, I could boot normal >> Legacy did something. I'll test it again tomorrow when I wake up :lol:

Of all the things to try, never could I forsee a usb setting being linked to this :rofl:.

let us know how it goes.

Just some general comments here: every motherboard should have a tiny black speaker shaped like a cylinder usually close to the cmos battery but in recent times not every manufacturer bothers to place a build in pc speaker on the board, sometimes they give you it with a wire to connect and of course this means you don't have to connect it.

Yes, that's true, it will reset all BIOS settings(stored in the CMOS) to default.

Your MoBo does have at least one little speaker on it ;) Every MoBo does :) It's not really a speaker (as we know it) actually, but let's not get into that.

• Administrator

Yea you got the right speaker.

Mine is attached to my case near my power button.

Needed like 5/6 reboots to get it to work today. After that it said Restore BIOS. Dunno if it's from the Hard reset, but we'll see.

Needed like 5/6 reboots to get it to work today. After that it said Restore BIOS. Dunno if it's from the Hard reset, but we'll see.

It is.

It is.

Glad you can confirm that.. made me worry. :unsure: :lol:

Ohja, was searching in the BIOS.. Found something about "APM configuration." Something with wake up through something.. Dunno, could someone have a idea? :P

It's probably about 'Hibernate' (Slaapmodus (Dutch)), don't think that will change anything. Did you update your video card drivers yet? It might also be an idea to try older drivers, or has the problem been there with all driver version in the past?

It's probably about 'Hibernate' (Slaapmodus (Dutch)), don't think that will change anything. Did you update your video card drivers yet? It might also be an idea to try older drivers, or has the problem been there with all driver version in the past?

With all the drivers I tried. And it happend suddenly :\

I'd really recommend trying another graphics card ;)

Archived