The annoying Windows 10 upgrade offer gets personified in manga form

Batu69

When Windows 10 was released almost a year ago, it was offered as a free upgrade to existing Windows 7 and 8.1 installations. However, while it may seem like a sweet, innocent offer to users, this has not been the case, with the 'Get Windows 10' app constantly updating to force users into upgrading to Microsoft's latest operating system. For instance, a meteorologist from KCCI had her weather report disturbed by the nagging app, asking her to upgrade while she was predicting the weather. Another issue was when a Windows 10 update put an end to a 9-hour Twitch live stream, much to the gamer's horror.

With this in consideration, Twitter user @ponzholic has been very well aware of the issue, and has actually drawn a short yet accurate manga regarding frustrations with Windows 10, entitled "Windows 10-chan’s upgrade methods are escalating" (translations by Rocket News 24).

windows-10-01.jpg

1. It Starts Off Innocent

Windows 10-chan: “Do you want to upgrade to Windows 10? It’s free!”
Me: “Eh, I appreciate the thought, but the software I use isn’t compatible with 10, so I’ll say no for now.”
Windows 10-chan: “Oh… okay….”

windows-10-02-e1463708152215.jpg

2. Things Start to Get Weird

Windows 10-chan: “Do you want to upgrade to Windows 10 now? Or do you want to upgrade later?”
Me: “Uh, wait a minute, are those my only two options? That’s like asking ‘Do you want rice with your meal, or would you prefer your meal with rice?'”

windows-10-03.jpg

3. A Line Has Been Crossed

Windows 10-chan: “So will we upgrade now? Or… tonight?”
Me: “No! Stop with these meaningless choices! I don’t want to upgrade at all!”
Windows 10-chan: “Don’t worry… everyone else is doing it….”
Me: “That’s just because you’re forcing them to!”

windows-10-04.jpg

4. The Point of No Return

Windows 10-chan: “Don’t worry, master! I scheduled an upgrade for you!”
Me: “What?! What are you doing?! Cancel! Where is the cancel button?!”

windows-10-05.jpg

5. Too Late

Windows 10-chan: “The deed is done.”
(Windows 7’s blood on sword)
Me: “Nooo!! Stooop it!!”

While the manga got a little too creepy when it comes to personifying the Windows 10 upgrade process, we can say it is quite accurate in expressing how frustrating it can be to deal with an offer that keeps getting shoved into our faces, and even growing more clingy as time goes on. We can only advise to users affected to keep their cool when prompted with this nagware, and take the measures necessary deciding on whether to take up on the Windows 10 upgrade offer or not.

Source: @ponzholic, Rocket News 24 | Manga images via @ponzholic

Article source

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windows 10-chan: "So will we upgrade now? Or… tonight?"

LOL!!!!  I made a joke out of this before, and now someone has drawn a manga!

I like how the sweet girl suddenly turns into a fierce warrior.

donkey-girl

As long windows 10 doesnt support old amd video card driver on my HP lappy from 2010 I dont update, tried it twice and both time I got error 43, run all through and it seems I cant find any working driver, so format and back to win 7 SP1 and now everything works, I surely made backup of the win 10 activation and can return to win 10 if this problem is fixed,

This was my problem and tried everything they sugest and nothing works

https://community.amd.com/thread/200381

for now blocked win 10 upgrade. and my old lappy works

16 hours ago, donkey-girl said:

As long windows 10 doesnt support old amd video card driver on my HP lappy from 2010 I dont update, tried it twice and both time I got error 43, run all through and it seems I cant find any working driver, so format and back to win 7 SP1 and now everything works, I surely made backup of the win 10 activation and can return to win 10 if this problem is fixed,

This was my problem and tried everything they sugest and nothing works

https://community.amd.com/thread/200381

for now blocked win 10 upgrade. and my old lappy Works

HD5000 series works fine in Windows 10, probably you have installed the wrong drivers, you need to use this ones: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows+10+-+64

donkey-girl
11 hours ago, SPECTRUM said:

HD5000 series works fine in Windows 10, probably you have installed the wrong drivers, you need to use this ones: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows+10+-+64

I dont see any link to the driver, I cant click the download, only end user agrement I cant push the Download button I have no popup/Adblocker stopper on, maybe you will be so kind to give a direct link to the file you sugest (I have as sugested in the link I give in first topic installed the catalyst 15.11.1 beta, the only thing I got out of this is that I can get it work with extern display, and I have removed all video card driver complet with uinstaller before I install new. just as soon I went back on win 7 no problem, as soon on win 10 problem and only works on external display.

BTW.

I tried first the auto dectect and it give me this solution

this - Catalyst software 15.7.1 from 29.7.15-- which was the first driver I installed and dont help me, still error code 43, then  after I tried the beta and the same problem (guess it has some thing to do with unsigned driver but this I tried to help out as descreibe in HP support forum with no luck just as soon I restart the lappy I got same result only work on external display so still went back to win 7 and all is just fine.. Any way thanks for the help. And for now I,m getting to this point if I cant get a driver and just install and restart and works without problem I stay where all works on win 7.

This link only give me some info but no DL to choose :(

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

the try install the drivers from Windows Update, maybe that HP use some custom drivers from HP, thats why it does not work properly with official ones.

Archived