Forum Upgrade Bugs

shought

3 hours ago, rudrax said:

I guess so and this is a good thing to avoid truncated threads and a bit of spamming. 

agree,

if this is a new implementation in the v4,. i can wait the necessary time.

• Replies 895
  • Views 83.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, jordan4x said:
4 hours ago, rudrax said:
8 hours ago, jordan4x said:

Hi @shought,

is there any delay before posting 2 simultaneous posts?

cause when i want to do so, content is merged.

Thanks.

I guess so and this is a good thing to avoid truncated threads and a bit of spamming. 

agree,

if this is a new implementation in the v4,. i can wait the necessary time.

That feature is available on the V3, too — we were using it at some point in time (unfortunately, after Admin revoked the same — some members became ViPs by misusing the revocation . . . . . making a series of different posts.)

There are some strange things going on with the permissions every now and then.

It's fixed for guests now though.

Don't worry about our privacy guys, seems you already have a lot to worry about :)

Made some changes to the Light (default) theme and I like them!

Much thanks to dcs18! :)

Hi for some reason I can't post anything in the forums on my laptop since the upgrade nsane upgraded the forum I tried everything i can think of example updating Firefox to 43.0 updated flash player and shockwave, tried disabling Noscript and ABP see if this fixes the problem still no luck, I'm not running any antivirus on laptop so that not blocking it , I'm posting this comment via my mobile as this is the way I can comment on here, if I'm on my laptop all I get is a blue box where your suppose to comment , tried switch theme's to see if that works but no luck I tried to pm admin but I'm unable type anything to them, can admin look at my account to see why I'm unable to post anything 

Many thanks 

KP333

1 hour ago, KP333 said:

Hi for some reason I can't post anything in the forums on my laptop since the upgrade nsane upgraded the forum I tried everything i can think of example updating Firefox to 43.0 updated flash player and shockwave, tried disabling Noscript and ABP see if this fixes the problem still no luck, I'm not running any antivirus on laptop so that not blocking it , I'm posting this comment via my mobile as this is the way I can comment on here, if I'm on my laptop all I get is a blue box where your suppose to comment , tried switch theme's to see if that works but no luck I tried to pm admin but I'm unable type anything to them, can admin look at my account to see why I'm unable to post anything 

Many thanks 

KP333

If you have an add-on such as Stylish or UC, just try disabling the same.

If not, navigate to C:\Users\Your_ProfileName\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Your_ProfileDirectory >> backup the Chrome directory if it exists and then delete the Chrome directory

If not, disable your element hiding add-on (all these modification to my nSane pages were carried out using Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus) — if you are on uBlock, trash that impotent, useless PoS.

1 hour ago, shought said:

Made some changes to the Light (default) theme and I like them!

Much thanks to dcs18! :)

Thanks for making the changes, but would it be possible please to make the changes as a NEW theme, so someone that liked the old light theme or someone that dislikes the new theme (and would rather go with the old one), would have a chance to have it.

One of the thing i don't like of the changes is that the blue is much a too dark shade it should be the same shade as before but in blue.

Thanks

@asfI'm sorry but modifying these themes takes quite some time, especially when they are updated. I am not going to be able to maintain more than two themes.

22 minutes ago, shought said:

@asfI'm sorry but modifying these themes takes quite some time, especially when they are updated. I am not going to be able to maintain more than two themes.

Oh :(, but at-least is it possible to make the shade of blue lighter?, as it's quite dark right now.

Thanks

@dcs18 I haven't got stylish or UC element hiding helper installed, I'm using basics setting on Firefox no fancy add-ons, except ABP & Noscript add-ons

I just disable every add-on I had and firewall just to make sure the firewall wasn't blocking anything still the same thing just a blue box where your suppose comment 

If I go to other forum that has upgraded their site everything working fine 

A few Bugs with the new theme changes

1. please make the speech balloon a light color

566ff4bbab91a_Changesbug1.png.a8c6ce841b

2. please make the box around the numbers red that we should be able to notice it more.

566ff4ba680e3_changesbug2.png.7101d6f97e

3. the names in the likes are nearly impossible to read as they are nearly the same colors

566ff4bd287d1_changesbug3.png.1a3eacf808

4. why is there 3 different blue's in the forum?

2015-12-15_133524.png.79d9d98715a3b2bdc2

19 minutes ago, asf said:

4. why is there 2 different blue's in here?

566ff5db161cd_changesbug4.png.bdedf0f78c

Both are the same..

.ipsPip {
    color: #37848B !important;
}
.ipsRepBadge_positive {
}

8 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Both are the same:

.ipsPip {
}
.ipsRepBadge_positive, .ipsRepBadge_positive:hover {
    color: #5f7a47 !important;
}

Sorry wasn't referring to these two, i was referring to the forum that there is two blue's in the forum, (i updated my question)

8 minutes ago, asf said:

Sorry wasn't referring to these two, i was referring to the forum that there is two blue's in the forum

It's such a small thing. There are a lot worse things in the world. Don't worry, Švejk said
"It is never so bad that more worse can not be go..."  Wait, the changes will come soon.

Don't worry, be happy!

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Kalju said:

It's such a small thing. There are a lot worse things in the world. Don't worry, Švejk said
"It is never so bad that more worse can not be go..."  Wait, the changes will come soon.

Nah I'm not worried, just pointed out, most of my bug reports didn't/don't matter me at all, i just pointed them out for all the other guys.:D

29 minutes ago, asf said:

A few Bugs with the new theme changes

You are right — the original code which I gave shought did render that way.

29 minutes ago, asf said:

2. please make the box around the numbers red that we should be able to notice it more.

566ff4ba680e3_changesbug2.png.7101d6f97e

3. the names in the likes are nearly impossible to read as they are nearly the same colors

566ff4bd287d1_changesbug3.png.1a3eacf808

This blue color is exactly the very same one which goes along with the pattern as the rest of the Board — in fact the original color was red.

shought and I were in agreement that the Board should be as close to stock as possible — keeping all elements going in a complementary pattern.

That been said, one can always use their own manual override. :)

• I usually looking for whether the content exist or not.
  • Unfortunately, in past is only the copy-paste art which contains a lot of errors.
  • Much more than the source.

31 minutes ago, asf said:

4. why is there 2 different blue's in here?

566ff5db161cd_changesbug4.png.bdedf0f78c

I chose this particular blue (highlighted by you) to match with the Board blue which is synonymous with merits (awards, recognition or distinction) — check out the color of the top line (Popular Post) at the following screenshot.

for a full screen view, click the following image and then click Full Size (at the bottom-left-hand side corner):—

23 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

I chose this particular blue (highlighted by you) to match with the Board blue which is synonymous with merits (awards, recognition or distinction) — check out the color of the top line (Popular Post) at the following screenshot.

for a full screen view, click the following image and then click Full Size (at the bottom-left-hand side corner):—

Spoiler

6Uca6Yu.png

So how about making the names in the bottom also that shade of blue so there will be a contrast?

Also what's going on with the nested quotes?

1 hour ago, asf said:

Can you try the following and report back (with your screenshot):—

.fa.fa-comments {
	color: #FFF !important;
}

.fa.fa-comment {
}

.fa.fa-user {