Forum Upgrade Bugs

shought

@Dudleythe information present on your profile page has always been visible to the 'entire world'. The fact that it is grouped on your profile page doesn't change a thing, members could previously easily create a search to find all your latest content.

I do however agree with the fact that profiles are not necessarily supposed to be publicly visible, but I've taken this up with IPS support.

• Replies 895
  • Views 83.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, shought said:

@Dudleythe information present on your profile page has always been visible to the 'entire world'. The fact that it is grouped on your profile page doesn't change a thing, members (not the entire world)could previously easily create a search to find all your latest content.

I do however agree with the fact that profiles are not necessarily supposed to be publicly visible, but I've taken this up with IPS support.

Why take it up eith IPS. Im sure they will get right on this just for you! :sarcasm: while our asses continue to hang out for the world to see. Why not just "fix" this privacy stuff like before on the old forums. I see members here talking about 'sripting. CSS and hooks" while I admit I do not understand all this stuff I do know that the state of nsane ATM is very undesirable. It needs fixed ASAP or even sooner!  Why not fix it urselves like the old forum was 'fixed'?

16 minutes ago, shought said:

@Dudleythe information present on your profile page has always been visible to the 'entire world'. < this is bullshit, only members could view profiles)The fact that it is grouped on your profile page doesn't change a thing, members could previously easily create a search to find all your latest content.

Only members could view profiles and in the past there was very little on my profile page, now all is present there for the entire world. So now it is just wrong!!! I fail to understand the staffs lack of urgency on this privacy issue especially the way the world and the internet work nowadays?!? IMHO you need to revert back if possible to the old forums. If it aint broke dont fix it! Now it is broke(not before) now it needs fixed!(not before). I am not 100% sure that I trust nsane and its motives any longer!

If use the Dark theme, then both buttons are similar ( Preview Post Button look is same as Submit button) - maybe would good to do the same on the default (lite) theme?

Here it is: 

admin => customization => Default theme => Edit HTML & CSS => CSS => custom.css => add this:

/* Preview Post Button  */
.ipsApp .ipsButton_link {
    background: #37474f;
    color: #ffffff;
    border: #37474f 1px solid;
    font-weight: normal;
}

@shought Please look into the bug that I have reported in my previous post. I am really having hard times to navigate around the forums without those three buttons working. :( 

21 minutes ago, rudrax said:

@shought Please look into the bug that I have reported in my previous post. I am really having hard times to navigate around the forums without those three buttons working. :( 

Yes i tried to open from my phone today and the three bottoms don't work, it was working with this new update but not anymore

48 minutes ago, BALTAGY said:

Yes i tried to open from my phone today and the three bottoms don't work, it was working with this new update but not anymore

Hey, can you  also reproduce a bug I have reported earlier in android? Steps to reproduce the bug:

Type a post in the text editor, use a formatting option bold/italic/underline, type something in that format, now remove the formatting and see if you can type at your normal speed (if your speed is not really slow). And also delete some latters from the word you type and see how words gets messed up. 

4 minutes ago, rudrax said:

Hey, can you  also reproduce a bug I have reported earlier in android? Steps to reproduce the bug:

Type a post in the text editor, use a formatting option bold/italic/underline, type something in that format, now remove the formatting and see if you can type at your normal speed (if your speed is not really slow). And also delete some latters from the word you type and see how words gets messed up. 

For some reason i can type the title but can't type inside the post, it keep typing in url

3 minutes ago, BALTAGY said:

For some reason i can type the title but can't type inside the post, it keep typing in url

Try Google Chrome browser if you are not trying already. 

17 minutes ago, rudrax said:

Try Google Chrome browser if you are not trying already. 

Just tried chrome when i choose bold/italic/underline and try to write something it writes some litters its self but deleting is working fine

5 hours ago, Joe13 said:

I appreciate the forum update / upgrade. But, my "Friends" list is gone. Do I have to start over, and rebuild the list again?

I had two choices: convert all friends to followers or remove them. I didn't think everyone would want to get notifications for all of their friends, so I had to remove them. You can easily start following your friends again though!

5 hours ago, rudrax said:

5 hours ago, BALTAGY said:

This should now be fixed.

4 hours ago, rudrax said:

I've tried on Android in Chrome and couldn't reproduce this bug...

5 hours ago, dcs18 said:

The V4 (sometimes) forgets who is the Boss:—

0fGgrGj.png

Can you send me a PM with the name of the user you received this for?

10 minutes ago, BALTAGY said:

Recent Topics don't update fast

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think locked topics are added to that list.

Just now, BALTAGY said:

It also added to Frontpage

The frontpage makes use of different code to get the latest topics.

Hi @shought,

is there any delay before posting 2 simultaneous posts?

cause when i want to do so, content is merged.

Thanks.

@shought

Staff forum ????    When I not login I can view all the post in that page but when I log in I don't have permission to will in that page :( ??

yyjw0kA.jpg

ByZ3wdO.jpg

@shought Acknowledged :thumbsup:. The reported bug has been fixed.

I have found another minor text-editor bug. When you tap on the editor area to type a post, the previously posted contents of the of the last post remains already there.

3 hours ago, jordan4x said:

Hi @shought,

is there any delay before posting 2 simultaneous posts?

cause when i want to do so, content is merged.

Thanks.

I guess so and this is a good thing to avoid truncated threads and a bit of spamming. 

21 hours ago, shought said:

@dcs18I'd be happy to look at your modifications of the default theme as well.

9 hours ago, shought said:
15 hours ago, dcs18 said:

The V4 (sometimes) forgets who is the Boss:—

0fGgrGj.png

Can you send me a PM with the name of the user you received this for?

You've got PM — both, modifications to the Board and names of Members. ;)

• Lite locked this topic
  • shought unlocked this topic

Archived