Best IP Hider?

DKT27

@lulwut, I still cannot understand how Virtual Private Network comes here, in this topic, after reading it seems that it's for staying safe, but IP hinding would be more safer, well I don't exactly know that it also hides IP or not.

Hey DKT, sure the VPN does have to do with it. It anonymizes all network traffic (on that PC) through the VPN so that you are using the VPNs IP address and the traffic is encrypted.

Well, there are several providers site that you could better understand it from. I'll lead you to a provider known as PerfectPrivay. Their FAQ pretty much runs it down to the wire, and maybe if you read their FAQ you could understand it a little better. Just read the part #1 as the rest of the FAQ deals solely with their particular servers for the most part. Just replace "PerfectPrivacy" with "VPN" when reading the FAQ #1 to understand it better.

PerfectPrivacy - FAQ #1:

http://perfect-privacy.com/faq.html#faq1

Essentially if you just want an IP hiding software, there are some. The VPN is also essentially one but it also encrypts the data you send out.

I can't suggest any as I had only tried those "IP Hider" softwares, and most of them seemed to just download a list of proxy servers and use them which was unreliable mostly. As a lot of people suggested, Tor does work too. People set up proxy servers for Tor and you can connect to them and be anonymous using their IP address. The only problem with Tor is that it's not always reliable and the speeds are often very slow.

Anyways, good luck in your decision.

• Replies 63
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

"The only problem with Tor is that it's not always reliable and the speeds are often very slow."

That's the reason I'm not fully happy with TOR.

I will surly read the posted link after sometime.

• Administrator

Anyone else? I just want to know some more IP hider so that I have some more choice.

Bizarre™

Another way is knowing how to spoof your IP address.

Non-M$ users should have little or no problem doing this.

• Administrator

What is the meaning of that? I know how to change my IP. The thing is what is the best hider.

"The only problem with Tor is that it's not always reliable and the speeds are often very slow."

That's the reason I'm not fully happy with TOR.

I will surly read the posted link after sometime.

Ah yes that indeed is very annoying (the speed). Glad you gave it some thought. Anytime you wanted to try the VPN or needed help drop me a PM, glad to help.

Bizarre™

@DKT27:

IP spoofing means changing one's IP address from this aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa to this bbb.bbb.bbb.bbb

It doesn't hide your IP address, it forges it :D

For more info, read this: Link

• Administrator

Hey Bizarre, can you tell me how to config TOR address in Utorrent, I mean what I select SOCKS, HTTP OR HTTPS?

Bizarre™

Like I said before, you can't use Tor for P2P.

If you want to conceal your IP while downloading torrents, then follow lulwut's advice and use VPN ;)

• Administrator

It works in P2P(priproxy + TOR). Just tell me what to use, SOCKS, HTTP OR HTTPS?

At least let me try it.

Bizarre™

LMAO

You're a tough one to crack ;)

Try BitBlinder; it has a built-in / bundled program that uses the same method as Tor.

Just a friendly reminder, using Tor or any similar program for P2P will only hurt your bandwidth.

• Administrator

So I have completed my quest for finding a privacy bittorrent client. Does that(BitBlinder) allow uploading?

RadioActive

May I suggest OperaTor (Opera + Tor),

although it can be slow as hell sometimes.

OperaTor is a portable software bundle which allows you to browse the web anonymously. It combines the power of the Opera Browser, Tor and Polipo.

With OperaTor no data will be stored at the computer you plugged your portable memory into.

Anyways, I hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hide IP NG seems a very good app, but I can't find a crack or a working serial for it. I have version.1.47 but as soon as I install it, it runs a silent update and then my serial doesn't work anymore. I think it's a great little application that does a very good service and is really easy to use - provided you have a reliable serial. :lol:

• Administrator

That is the reason^^, I'm not using Hide IP NG.

• Administrator

I still haven't found my answer. I want a simple Hider that is not slow as Tor. Nor serial problem giving like Hide IP NG.

@DKT27:

'sigh' you should already be happy with what you have :lol:

Take lulwut's advice and get a free VPN subscription.

As for me, I always have alternative methods of hiding my IP :bag:

• Administrator

MAC changer?

Even if you change your MAC address, you can only change the last 2 or 3 segments of your IP :rolleyes:

The 4th segment will always be the number assigned for your country.

• Administrator

So what alternative methods you are talking about?

That's a trade secret :hug:

They are methods I have discovered throughout the years :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong. I don't know all the methods, but what I have now is pretty much reliable :D

Anyway, you best ask shought. He is the haxx0r :nono:

• Administrator

Common you can PM me your trade secrets.

• Administrator

MAC changer tool, Tor etc. And something I can never tell anyone in the world. Not related.

Archived