Best IP Hider?

DKT27

• Administrator

I have this question for years about IP Hiders. I have used many of them, some seem useless and some expired even after I ******* them.

I have used many of them name IP hider, but last were words different. Recently I used Ghost Surf Platinum but somehow it did not work in firefox.

I just want to know what do you think what is the best IP Hider?

It does not matter that its a shareware or freeware.

Thank You.

• Replies 63
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freeware: Tor (I use it sometimes), or (fast) web proxies.

Shareware: No idea, never used them.

This might be off topic but is this Tor easy to use? ive never actually installed any IP hider.

I just want to be sure i cant mess things up if i do install it.

• Administrator

I already use TOR. Still not soo satisfied.

TOR is a little hard and a little easy;)

I personally use Ultrasurf, but it only supports IE, and Firefox if you install an addon. It's really easy to use, just run Ultarsurf and then run IE or Firefox, and your IP is protected. I use it often at school to bypass filters and such. It's really easy to use and not as complex as Tor.

http://www.ultrareach.com/

• Administrator
Once I figured out how to change my IP I no longer needed to hide it -_-

What do you mean by that? You don't feel unsafe?

And do you mean you change you your IP by CMD?

EDIT# I know this may not be possible. But I am also looking for a hider that can work on many programs(not only on browsers).

Now see what mcafee siteadvisor is saying about the site you have posted(http://www.ultrareach.com/) - http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/ultrareach.com?

It must have been an old version or something. Mcafee listed "u.zip" as adware. The new file, now named "u95.zip," only returned as a suspicious file by 1 out of the 41 antiviruses on Virustotal.

I still trust it.

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/d37c1dd...5fdd-1246621006

• Administrator

Thanx for the VT report. Quick heal detected it. It's the AV software made for the Indian like me. Although I don't use it.

As far as I can see there's no big problem. So will try it.

What do you mean by that? You don't feel unsafe?

That's not why I was using Ghost Surf at first. It wasn't so I would be safe, but so I could do a few things that I couldn't do before if you catch my drift -_- ; Seriously, I don't feel unsafe at all.

Nope, its a bit more complicated. My IP isn't dynamic since I have cable internet service. Therefore I have to change my MAC address. I have to do that through my router, & then I have to reset my modem & then bingo it's changed.

EDIT# I know this may not be possible. But I am also looking for a hider that can work on many programs(not only on browsers).

I haven't seen anything that works like that. What programs do you need it to work with?

• Administrator

Nope, its a bit more complicated. My IP isn't dynamic since I have cable internet service. Therefore I have to change my MAC address. I have to do that through my router, then & I have to reset my modem & then bingo it's changed.

I haven't seen anything that works like that. What programs do you need it to work with?

Well I know about MAC address, I don't know how to change it but I know it works. Many of the ****ers use it to stay safe.

Maybe every program that uses internet. Like every program needs to go through firewall, every program should also go through IP hider.

Well I know about MAC address, I don't know how to change it but I know it works. Many of the ****ers use it to stay safe.

Maybe every program that uses internet. Like every program needs to go through firewall, every program should also go through IP hider.

This should help point you in the right direction. I'm not sure if it works or not, but you can try it out.

Again, I'd try Anonymizer & see if fits your needs. There's others such as Hide the IP. I haven't used this either, its up to you.

• Administrator

Really really thanx for the MAC address changer link. One of my friend is very eager for it.

It would be very helpful if you post the link to know what is MAC address, the easy way, you know wiki has it in-detail rather than in simple way.

No, as long as I know "Hide the IP" works only on IE and maybe on firefox. Actually I think there is no program that can do it.

Really really thanx for the MAC address changer link. One of my friend is very eager for it.

No problem ;)

It would be very helpful if you post the link to know what is MAC address, the easy way, you know wiki has it in-detail rather than in simple way.

This is a very simple definition of a mac address. I can split that down & make that smaller if need be...

No, as long as I know "Hide the IP" works only on IE and maybe on firefox. Actually I think there is no program that can do it.

Looks like you're out of luck then. I haven't found anything that works system wide...

This might be off topic but is this Tor easy to use? ive never actually installed any IP hider.

I just want to be sure i cant mess things up if i do install it.

Nah, it's pretty straight forward if you download it from our frontpage :D We've got it listed so ;)

I personally use Ultrasurf, but it only supports IE, and Firefox if you install an addon. It's really easy to use, just run Ultarsurf and then run IE or Firefox, and your IP is protected. I use it often at school to bypass filters and such. It's really easy to use and not as complex as Tor.

http://www.ultrareach.com/

Looks like a nice application, thanks, will try this!

Bizarre™

Tor + Privoxy or Jap

Pros:

One of your best bet when it comes to anonymity.

Cons:

Does not support P2P.

Hard to configure when you're a novice.

Too d*mn slow at times.

Hey mate. The best "IP Hider" is not a single software, of sorts, or a proxy. The best I think is a VPN or Virtual Private Network. There are a lot of providers, mostly paid. However, free providers do exist.

Wiki - Virtual Private Network:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network

Wikipedia makes it sound complicated but to put it simply a VPN is like a gateway that your connection runs through before it connects to your remote site, or peers.

Best thing is that (most) VPNs run ALL your traffic through the VPN, not just a browser. You are completely anonymous all the way around. Also it's very secure, because most use an open source program called OpenVPN so as well your data is encrypted. Different providers use different methods but most do use OpenVPN and also SSH-2/SSL to encrypt.

Wiki - OpenVPN:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenVPN

Anyway, I'm just trying to tell you the basics of the VPN. I can't describe them as well as maybe someone else or a provider themself, but I hope it helped.

If you are looking for a paid one, check out this site. Real people post their reviews there. Just be sure to read the reviews and don't base a provider there on the actual "rating" (stars) because anyone can vote on that. Also beware there are garbage providers with slow speed and caps so choose wisely.

MyVPNReviews - VPN Service Reviews:

http://myvpnreviews.com

For free alternatives, I know of a few:

AlonWeb - Free VPN Service:

http://www.alonweb.com

Hotspot Shield - Free VPN Service:

http://hotspotshield.com

Limits are imposed on the free services, such as monthly transfer limits, and etc. in which I think the monthy transfer for these particular 2 are 10GB/month. Also I think they drop your connection after a certain period of inactivity.

Probably the best free VPN I had ever used was UltraVPN. Recently I can't load the site or connect to their server so I don't know what is going on.

If anyone else has any suggestions, tell us!

Hope this helped you out.

• Administrator

@Rock Lee, for MAC address, if I'm not wrong(after reading) every network card or that sort has an MAC address?

So my question is, does routers have MAC address?

@Bizarre, I cannot use Privoxy in firefox as it gives me errors when I enable it in tor button, telling me it's not enable, even when it's enable in background tray.

@lulwut, I still cannot understand how Virtual Private Network comes here, in this topic, after reading it seems that it's for staying safe, but IP hinding would be more safer, well I don't exactly know that it also hides IP or not.

Yes, it does have its own MAC address but not by default. Most routers will use the "clone" feature so that your PC & router MAC address will be the same.

• Administrator

So does it have an impact on the warranty?

• Administrator

How to use Tor in Firefox without torbutton?

Bizarre™

1. Download the Tor package (Tor, Privoxy, Vidalia) here.

2. After downloading, proceed to installation.

3. In the middle of installation it will present components you like installed. Exclude Tor Button.

4. Once installed, configure your proxy settings.

For IE:

1. Go to Internet Options > Connections > Click Lan Settings > Put a check on

Use a proxy server for your LAN > Click Advanced

2. You will see several settings concerning your proxy. Now you have to put the parameters I will provide below.

HTTP: 127.0.0.1 Port: 8118

Secure: 127.0.0.1 Port: 8118

SOCKS: 127.0.0.1 Port: 9050

3. Once finished, click OK.

Note: If you want to browse normally, repeat step 1 and remove the check on Use a proxy server for your LAN.

For Firefox:

1. Go to Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Click Settings > Put a check on Manual proxy configuration

2. You will see several settings concerning your proxy. Now you have to put the parameters I will provide below.

HTTP Proxy: 127.0.0.1 Port: 8118

SSL Proxy: 127.0.0.1 Port: 8118

SOCKS Host: 127.0.0.1 Port: 9050

3. Once finished, click OK.

Note: If you want to browse normally, repeat step 1 and choose No proxy.

P.S.

Don't forget to run Vidalia and Privoxy.

• Administrator

Tried it. Works properly. Very very slow. I know it would be so, but still that wasn't before. :P

Archived