Just now, november_ra1n said:

There are many portable blog sites but most of them do not make "stealth portable" and they leave the trace on the registry even on the Windows file system.

I know thats why I decided to create my own. But there are some decent sites like http://portableappz.blogspot.com and (portableapps.com ofcourse but freewares only)

• Replies 260
  • Views 114.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
november_ra1n
8 minutes ago, Geez said:

I know thats why I decided to create my own. But there are some decent sites like http://portableappz.blogspot.com and (portableapps.com ofcourse but freewares only)

Is VirtualBox impossible portably make, cause I am using installer too but was looking for a latest Portable version the one I have seen there -->

http://portableappz.blogspot.com.tr/search?q=VirtualBox

Gives error on Win 10 Pro x64.

3 hours ago, november_ra1n said:

Is VirtualBox impossible portably make, cause I am using installer too but was looking for a latest Portable version the one I have seen there -->

VirtualBox Portable http://www.vbox.me/

I used this some times ago

9 hours ago, november_ra1n said:

Because of services and background drivers it gives a lot of errors so I'm using virtual box installer version rather than portable. There is also portable version here yo can give it a try

I tried to backup Windows 10 and Office16ProPlusVL_MAK using MSActBackUp Portable by Ratiborus (v1.1.0). It showed only the 4 last digits of the office key so I entered the full key manually.

I then clicked on "Save Activation". When it came back, a folder was created for Windows 10 backup, but there was nothing for Office!? I tried a few times with the same result (the full MAK key is now shown)

november_ra1n
5 minutes ago, ppan said:

I tried to backup Windows 10 and Office16ProPlusVL_MAK using MSActBackUp Portable by Ratiborus (v1.1.0). It showed only the 4 last digits of the office key so I entered the full key manually.

I then clicked on "Save Activation". When it came back, a folder was created for Windows 10 backup, but there was nothing for Office!? I tried a few times with the same result (the full MAK key is now shown)

Windows and Office keys can be find in folder there:

=== xx.xx.xxxx-xx.xx.xx ===

You can open Widows & Office .ini files with any text editor and vıew the full keys.

If you don't see the full key there maybe you enter wrong Office MAK Key!

53 minutes ago, november_ra1n said:

Windows and Office keys can be find in folder there:

=== xx.xx.xxxx-xx.xx.xx ===

You can open Widows & Office .ini files with any text editor and vıew the full keys.

If you don't see the full key there maybe you enter wrong Office MAK Key!

Thanks for quick response!

OK. Got it now. I was confused because this path was created:

F:\MSActBackUp Portable v1.1.0\Backup\B058F840-7930-81E5-3815-2C56DC108709\Windows 10 Home\=== 08.21.2016-16.04.06 ===

I thought that it was only a backup for Windows 10. However, the sub folder contained the office.ini with proper key.

I currently use MSActBackUp Portable by Ratiborus but would like to switch to OPA-Backup 3.4.2. I saw that it works with Windows 10 but didn't see any info regarding Office 2016, only 2013. The official site says "Due to changes made by Microsoft to the activation procedures of Windows 10 and Office 2016 it is currently not possible to restore the activation data for these products successfully.", but it isn't so "true" as it works with Windows 10. In the end, will it work with Office 2016 or not?

november_ra1n
17 minutes ago, J.C said:

I currently use MSActBackUp Portable by Ratiborus but would like to switch to OPA-Backup 3.4.2. I saw that it works with Windows 10 but didn't see any info regarding Office 2016, only 2013. The official site says "Due to changes made by Microsoft to the activation procedures of Windows 10 and Office 2016 it is currently not possible to restore the activation data for these products successfully.", but it isn't so "true" as it works with Windows 10. In the end, will it work with Office 2016 or not?

Yes OPA also work on Windows 10 & Office 2016.

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2015 at 1:01 PM, november_ra1n said:

Backup/Restore Activation [Updated to Windows 10 & Office/Server 2016]

====================================================================

Manual Backup/Restore Activation

Backup Activation:
Instruction:
1. Enable Show hidden files, folders and drivers to order to see and save all activation backup files

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization

Then Checked Show hidden files, folders and drivers

2. Go to this location below and save entire spp folder in somewhere safe in your other hard drive, partition or usb stick DVD etc....

C:\Windows\System32\spp
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Restore Activation:
Instruction:
1. Reboot Windows in Safe mode and easiest way is by using msconfig via Run.

XzXjRI.png

2. Choose the Boot tab and then Safe boot-Minimal, apply and restart when prompted reboot

FQa7EV.png

3. Click Restart PC IN Safe mode

9Y6TaG.png

4. Take Ownership entire ssp folder -- You can also do it manually but it is easier download and install simple register file below.

Download Link of Take Ownership - Install & Uninstall .reg files:

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/TMAWTSBX/Add_Take_Ownership_Option_in_Context_Menu.rar_links

Go to the Location C:\Windows\System32\spp --- right click entire folder --> Click to Take ownership.

aqB1hI.png

5. After having Take Ownership you can now easily copy-paste & replace original ssp folder with your backup ssp folder.
6. Go to Run and use msconfig and choose Normal boot under General tab this time, apply and click restart when prompted
7. When restarted your Windows & Office will be activated.

Latest Testimonial: Tested on Virtual Machine Windows 10 Pro Retail x64 & Office 2013 Pro Plus both activated with MAK Keys By Phone successfully reinstall. Applied for Clean Installation & Upgrade.

===================================================================

Important Topic Replies related tools:

Dism++ Portable (x64-x86) - Another Simple Tool Backup & Restore Activation

===================================================================
november_ra1n 10 Aug 2015

Hi I have read the complete procedure of Backup and Restore of MS products, In all of them I want to go with the manual activation. I have a small query for this. I have a genuine Windows 10 Licence and I have activated MS Office by your help. What I want to do is I want to Backup only MS Office Key, so what would be the procedure for that by manual activation method?

Thankyou.

30 minutes ago, Purshu_Pro said:

Hi I have read the complete procedure of Backup and Restore of MS products, In all of them I want to go with the manual activation. I have a small query for this. I have a genuine Windows 10 Licence and I have activated MS Office by your help. What I want to do is I want to Backup only MS Office Key, so what would be the procedure for that by manual activation method?

Thankyou.

pm sent for Office backup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had earlier installed windows 10 home along with Office 2016 pro which were activated with valid keys published on this great site. Had also backed up both the activation by using MSActBackUp.

Now i have reinstalled windows (this time windows pro) along with the same Office 2016 pro. My windows is already activated, i only need to activate office 2016 pro license so wanted to know if it is possible to only restore the Office 2016 backup through  MSActBackUp without making any change to the activated key of Win 10 pro.

Any assistance in the matter shall be appreciated.

I had earlier installed windows 10 home along with Office 2016 pro which were activated with valid keys published on this great site. Had also backed up both the activation by using MSActBackUp.

Now i have reinstalled windows (this time windows pro) along with the same Office 2016 pro. My windows is already activated, i only need to activate office 2016 pro license so wanted to know if it is possible to only restore the Office 2016 backup through  MSActBackUp without making any change to the activated key of Win 10 pro.

On 11/27/2016 at 0:27 PM, irfman said:

Anyone here to help, appreciate any assistance in the matter.

On 10/31/2016 at 9:19 PM, Purshu_Pro said:

Thankyou.

any luck, i am exactly the same question that is there a way?

november_ra1n
On 03/12/2016 at 11:43 AM, irfman said:

any luck, i am exactly the same question that is there a way?

Try that --> Activation backup & restore Instruction by jovelash

=================================================

16 minutes ago, WinThRs said:

could activation backup made using MSAct backup for Windows 32 bit be used to activate Windows 64 bit, or vice-versa.

I have not tested that however make sure you are using backup on same PC.

As far as I remember someone has mentioned that was working but I am not %100 sure..

• 4 weeks later...

I found a possibly bug on 1.1.0.....

I want try to backup my home desktop pc whit windows 10 home whit legit key (it's a asus desktop pc)..... i have try to use MSActBackup and my currently windows 10 serial it's currently listed.

Also in the list there's present the KMS Keys of currently Office 2016...... i have unchecked this:

ZLldF2j.png?1

I click on "Save Action" but i obtain the ask of serial of Office 2016. i have used KMSpico for Office2016.. i don't thinks it's necessary to backup this activation but because if i uncheck i obtain instead the request to put full keys of Office 2016 ?

*EDIT*

For the moment i have tryed to used OPA-Backup...... apparently it's be working and i thinks i can only to use my current keys if i need to reinstall windows home on my pc. On OPA i can deselect how i don't want to backup............

Meanwhile i don't have any urgent to reinstall windows on this pc.....

Confirmation Code Please:
Win10 -GQ7X7

Installation ID: 

Hi,

installed Microsoft Office 2016 Professional Plus RTM 16.0.4266.1003 and tried to use phone activiation, but after install the key, the system always show me that 

Telephone activation is no longer supported for this product, phone activation can not be used any more or I am using a not valid key?

please advise.

17 hours ago, oldman1881 said:

Hi,

installed Microsoft Office 2016 Professional Plus RTM 16.0.4266.1003 and tried to use phone activiation, but after install the key, the system always show me that 

Telephone activation is no longer supported for this product, phone activation can not be used any more or I am using a not valid key?

please advise.

Don't pay attention to that message "Telephone activation is no longer supported for this product", just proceed to phone activation as you used to do in the past and the activation should succeed at the end but there is no office 2016 key available at this moment so you have to wait or use kms activators until new key appears.

currently i am running W7 ultimate x64 and office pro plusy x64 is activated by phone. If I install W10 Pro, the activation back up will not work, right?

Archived